[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kyphosis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 2415209_orig.jpg (35 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
2415209_orig.jpg
35 KB, 600x515
how do i fix this?
>>
Lots of small things being worked on over many years:

>push shoulders back. Hold Indefinitely.
>Look at profile in mirror, align cheekbones to collarbone. Hold it there indefinitely.
>clench butt and push pelvis forward. Hold indefinitely.
>Superman's help ALOT for lower back support
>Cat stretches
>Yoga in general

There's plenty more things but those have helped me since my car accident. Good luck.
>>
>>35454196
Chicken Wings
https://www.t-nation.com/training/reawaken-your-rhomboids
>>
the most drastic reason for this, and also easiest to fix. Is the muscles on the very back of your neck, opposite of your throat. they are pulling too tightly which is the main trigger for everything else. Your spine follows the position of your head.

Do the stretch where you pull your chin to your chest for 15 sec, 1 min rest 3 sets, 3 times a week till fixed.
>>
File: neck-flexion-and-extension[1].jpg (6 KB, 288x172) Image search: [Google]
neck-flexion-and-extension[1].jpg
6 KB, 288x172
>>35455120
like so?
>>
>>35454196
Sleep on your back?
>>
>>35455198
Yes although first pic should be a neutral head position, there is never a time you put your neck in that position for any reason except gargling cum maybe.
>>
File: neck front.jpg (43 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
neck front.jpg
43 KB, 275x275
>>35455198
You could also do that same stretch at about 45 degrees left and right of the first stretch, to hit your traps a little, which might make things go by a little faster too. It's all about the back of your neck/upper back, all that shit is pulling too tight.

You could also do isometric neck exercises going forward like this one, to strengthen the front of the neck.

Stretching the back of neck makes the muscles looser and more relaxed putting neck in right position, STRENGTHENing the muscles on the front of your neck is essentially the same goal, as they will get tighter in their rested state also helping pull your head into the correct position.

All you need is the first stretch, but this is all the info I can give you for tryhard mode.
>>
>>35455275
cool, thanks. I'm not OP btw, but also suffering from light kyphosis. It really bugs me because kyphosis makes a guy with a 9/10 face and body to an insta 4/10.
>>
>>35454196
maintain proper posture, chest out, shoulders back, lift your head as if its being pulled by a string
you need to strengthen your back and most likely your weak hips/glutes as well because when those are weak you start to compensate somewhere else, in this case, your hunchback
strengthen your bac
>>
>>35455307
This is also right, but work top to bottom, start with fixing your neck, then move down to your traps, till they are lose, then work on your shouldeers, then your actual thoracic spine muscles. Problem will be fixed way before then ussually. Strength training tightens the muscle in the direction of the contraction, stretching reduces tthe tightness, use your brain to figure out which way things need to go, and stretch/lift accordingly.

For example I need to get my shoulders to move back, so I'm not doing back stretches, I lift back twice a week, and do a chest stretch every day, until my shoulders are back where they need to be.
>>
>>35454196
Warrior lunges, leg raises and other exercises, pull butt and stomach in slightly when you walk, pull shoulders back as well, yoga, You can fix this and lordosis fairly quickly if you are consistent.
>>
>>35454196
I have this problem, I'll be joining yoga or chi kung nest year (on september, I think on schoolar years).
>>
>>35455307
I do this but still have problems, I have a lot of tension in the shoulders, I can't release.
sorry for my shitty english, but to put it somehow, normal people go with a proper posture but relaxed, I go straight, as a soldier
>>
Im working the night shift and been doing some yoga from YouTube series just to stretch and stuff, but just noticed recently that it might have improved my posture drastically.
>>
>>35454196
Squat lower
>>
File: image_1.jpg (222 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
222 KB, 1024x730
>>35456264
>>
by swimming, crawl preferably.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.