[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phones and Fitness Apps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: app-tracking.jpg (44 KB, 279x425) Image search: [Google]
app-tracking.jpg
44 KB, 279x425
Is it bad to use your phone at the gym if its for gym purposes? Obviously done be texting or calling or ripping thru insta, but for music and fitness apps?

I get dirty looks as I use bodybuilding.com's app. It helps me plan and keep track, plus i use my phone for music! But I always feel like a shitbag after finishing a set, tracking my reps and weight then changing up my song.

Are people over reacting or am I just an asshole?

Also, Bodybuilding.coms app is buggy as fuck and slow, so post top tier fitness and diet apps.
>>
File: 1385895129377.jpg (15 KB, 217x266) Image search: [Google]
1385895129377.jpg
15 KB, 217x266
>>35452927
>Implying getting mad at people for using their phone at the gym isn't a meme
>>
>>35452971
Just the other day I was on my phone recording my reps and checking what I did previously to beat it.

No lie heard a guy say
> "all he lifts is his phone and waterbottle"
as his buddies all laugh and proceed to violently swing 25's in an attempt to curl

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>35452927
>Is it bad to use your phone at the gym if its for gym purposes?
Yes. Play with your phone on your own time. You're at a gym to WORK not fuck around.
>>
I look better than 90% of the people in my gym so I don't really give a shit about what they think I'm doing. You should probably do the same.
>>
>>35453094
im not playing candy crush or posting to facebook, Im logging all my info and keeping track of my lifts. Besides, how else should you spend rest time? getting ready for the next lift. This helps me to do that. I dont understand why its so taboo. Maybe its just me.
>>
>>35452927
i use the same app. bretty cool bud

fuck the people who give dirty looks
>>
>>35453127
nope.jpg
Leave your phone in your locker or in your car. Sit and watch whatever ballgame is on the nearest TV for the whole 90 seconds between sets. Do your work and get the fuck out of the way so someone else can use the equipment.
>>
>>35453094
Daily reminder that people this autistic do in fact exist
>>
>>35453187
Yep, it's autistic as fuck to go to the gym then sit there like some retard fucking around with your phone while other people are waiting for the equipment you're sitting at, fucking with your phone. There ought to be a law.
>>
>>35453206
I don't think he's spending a lot of time in it.

I also record my info in my phone op, but I don't do it I between every set. Just when transitioning between machines.
>>
>>35453206
Nope its autistic that people would care this much about what people do in between sets. Who cares what the fuck he's doing during his rest time, people seem to forget that for 95% of the population gym is for leisure not work. Overly sensitive pricks like you are why OP even made this post in the first place
>>
>>35452927
>Is it bad to use your phone at the gym if its for gym purposes?
In-between exercises, it's usually okay. In-between sets, though? Questionable.

If the gym is crowded, it's more conscientious to be alert in case anyone wants to work in, needs a spot, etc.

Depends on your gym too. Commercial gyms are more phone-friendly. At powerlifting/strongman gyms? Never seen a phone out except for filming PR's.
>>
>>35453242
Oh so it's perfectly OK so far as you're concerned that I have other things to do than stand around waiting for some shithead to get done with the squat rack so I can finish my training for the day and he's sitting there for 10 minutes fucking with his phone? Fuck you, that's just plain rude. It's not your personal gym, and making other people wait while you fart around is just fucking rude.
>>
>>35453281
Then ask to work in or how many sets he has left? Instead of being an out of touch spiteful old cuck.
>>
>>35453164
>Literally do nothing instead of something.

kek
>>
>>35453281
I'm not defending people who hold up the gym. If you're taking a 3 minute break between sets of a compound exercise I don't really give a crap what myself/others are doing during it. I will agree that during isolations (where you need a 30 second break between sets) its a little ridiculous to be whipping your phone out every time, especially if its crowded. But fuck i'm much happier waiting 3 minutes for some kid on his phone than 10 minutes for some fat fucking powerlifter to get ready just sitting there because thats his 'designated waiting period'. For me its just more the amount of time that people are taking up. If the guys phone isn't increasing the amount of time he takes between sets it just doesn't really matter in my mind
>>
>>35453403
>10 minutes for some fat fucking powerlifter to get ready just sitting there because thats his 'designated waiting period'

Did you ever consider asking to work in, or would taking off all his plates make you too tired?
>>
I literally read on the phone in between sets.

I take 2-3 minute rests per set.

How mad are u faggots?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.