[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is alcohol for you? Have any of you vowed to abstain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: beer_10.jpg (21 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
beer_10.jpg
21 KB, 640x430
How bad is alcohol for you? Have any of you vowed to abstain from drinking alcohol?
>>
I enjoy alcohol in moderation and counteract some negative effect with exercise and healthy eating
>>
Just take Phenibut instead
>>
>>35452878
That stuff tends to affect me the day after I take it. But for that morning it's like I'm on ecstasy and my clothes feel softer. I took 2 grams once and had numb arms and a headache the next day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresthesia
>>
>>35452861
It's fine, just look at me.
>>
>>35453098
Wow if I take under 2 grams I don't feel anything
>>
>>35452861
It lowers testosterone and increases muscle inflammation risk.
>>
>>35455027
so bar hoppers are low test then
>>
Beers, sweet wines, dessert wines and mixed drinks are just soda with added alcohol.
>>
>>35452878
how do you use pheni to get high? ive only used it successfully for sleeping and i only take 250 - 500mg
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 600x445
>>35452861
Our ancestors drank alcohol 8 times a year at most. You'd do best sticking to that.
>>
>>35452861
>vodka
>arizona green tea
>cleanest drunk
>>
>>35455225
Are you kidding, or are you just fucking dumb? Humans have been drinking beer since ancient Sumeria, since before the construction of the first pyramids in Egypt. Just to put that into perspective and context for you, we're closer in time to the birth of Julius Caesar and the golden ages of Rome than Caesar was to the construction of the pyramids. Egypt is fucking old beyond belief, and the Egyptians drank beer.
>>
Just take GHB/GBL

Plebs
>>
>>35455299
Chill
>>
>>35455299
>this is how alcoholics justify their actions
>>
>>35455299
Ancient civilizations didn't get everything right you know
>>
File: stron.jpg (22 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
stron.jpg
22 KB, 542x542
I decided to pen a beer can in a long while yesterday. After my first sip I could feel that this was wrong and all I though was

>this will impede my cut severely

I threw it in the sink and that was that.Water it is
>>
File: 1451025228830.jpg (26 KB, 398x422) Image search: [Google]
1451025228830.jpg
26 KB, 398x422
>>35452878
What is phenibut?
>>
>>35455194
Just take like 2-3 grams. Makes you feel drunk

>>35455495
Nootropic
>>
>tfw haven't touched alcohol since I turned 18
feels good man
>>
It's fine if you can handle it. I can't. Alcoholism runs in my family and I was showing signs of losing control so I quit. Haven't had a drink since September, never felt better. I get terrible hangovers as well so I don't miss it.
>>
>>35452861
Never tried it when I was a teen because I didn't want to conform and knew that I have an addictive personality.
Now 21 with no urge at all to drink FeelsGood.jpg
>>
Enjoy in moderation if you want to. This isn't the same as "crack a couple open each night", it's "crack a few open every 1-2 weeks". It's not good for you by any stretch, but you can enjoy it without compromising on your goals and your wellbeing.
>>
>>35455472
>>35455432
That wasn't his point but ok
>>
>>35455299
The real question is if they drank alcoholic bear. As I know, sumerians had bier mostly in their long travels in the desert, because bier is a fucking carbs bomb and cheap/light.
>>
>>35455707
You are me but its only been a month and a half since I've drank. Started out as an experiment and I liked it so I stuck with it.

Oh my god I've saved so much money
>>
>>35455299
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>35452861
it isn't, the rock drinks up to fifteen pints a day and still maintains his physique. Drink as much as you like, it doesn't impact gains at all
>>
File: 1410744.png (7 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
1410744.png
7 KB, 625x582
drank alcohol, broke my leg
rip squats for 3 months
>>
>>35457838
Emotional stability is more important than "gains."
>>
I don't drink but I smoke so I guess I'm no better. My whole family is a bunch of shameful alcoholics so I have some hatred for booze.
>>
>>35455783
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>35458089
>hates booze
>smokes

Do you know how retarded you are?
>>
>>35458110
I know, I'm a huge hypocrite. I've been smoking a lot less lately though, probably gonna try quitting this year
>>
>>35455299
I like that history lesson. Its an interesting perspective, but lets also remember....those fuckers didn't live very long that way. I believe they had an average max life span of like 40.

Drinking in moderation is DEBATABLE but never better than not drinking at all. All that bullshit about 1 glass of wine a day is a sales gimmick from a massive industry. If you want to say its for social reasons or to relax thats understandable. The shit isnt going to kill you but the more you drink the more estrogen it will trigger.

Theres a reason beer drinkers get bitch tits.
>>
i drink about 10 drinks a night 3 nights a week and it's a pretty bad habit. Not good for me, my sleep, my gainz, my anxiety at all. Fun stops now
>>
>>35458160
>those fuckers didn't live very long that way. I believe they had an average max life span of like 40.

Actually, the average life span of ancient times is only considered short because of how frequent children died. Once you're older than, say, 13 in ancient times, its very likely you'll live as high as 60 - 90.
>>
File: 1450669211945.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1450669211945.gif
182 KB, 226x224
Colonial America drank a lot so yeh best get to upholdin tradition.

http://www.history.org/foundation/journal/holiday07/drink.cfm
>>
>>35452861
Alcohol has been humanities friend for 10,000 years anon.

I can't abandon a friend anon, especially my only one.
>>
>>35458245
Why am I not surprised a lazy, dead faggot said this?
>>
>>35458160
You're no better than the quackers trying to get easy money from selling reseveratrol pills when you say it's all bullshit. It's controversial. Nobody knows if it works or not. It's just a poor excuse to drink wine.

Also, there is a lot of controversial evidence about the link between alcohol increasing estradiol and/or decreasing testosterone with low to moderate drinking.

Gyms are full of people saying a lot of bullshit about shit they don't understand (because often they're too stupid to know that they don't know shit about human physiology). If you don't want to fall for all of that nonsense you have to check your evidence in good sources online and have at least some basic understanding of evidence strenght and biomedical experimental techniques.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.