[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work at with a private ambulance company. My work had a holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I work at with a private ambulance company. My work had a holy day raffle, and I won a Fitbit HR. Its a NEET little watch, I love the minimalist design, but Idk how these are worth $150. It seems that their target market was middle aged white women who like to count how many steps they take in a day to justify buying that organic smoked cheddar cheese at Whole Foods to pair it with their Safeway 6 pack of mix your own wine. The heart rate is extremely inaccurate (Says my resting is 110. I got the fat disease but I know how to take my damn pulse and resting for me is usually 88). The only cool thing is the sleeping monitor, which tells you how shitty you sleep. The staircase, calorie, and milage features are useless. they even have the apple watch sized fitbit which can control your spotify at the gym for only $250.
So I got a free minimalistic wristwatch. Now I look like a fag while lifting.

>implying I already am not a faggot
>still waiting for a watch with built in EKG/ECG
>>
>>35452684
Ebin blog
>>
And no I dont work for fitbit, frankly its a shit tier watch and you should not spend $150 on a glorified calorie counter thats double the cost of an android watch.
>>
>>35452713
What does this even meme?
>>
my gf got me a fitbit charge for a christmas present and i haven't decided if i want to keep it or not.
does it accurately track calories burned while lifting or is this thing just for cardio? it would be pretty useful for bulking and cutting if it was accurate but for some reason I think it won't be.
>>
>>35452879
From what I found it tracks your heartrate, so obviously when you lift it goes up. then it calculates how long your heart rate was elevated and how high it was, then it does math and tells you how many kilocals you burned while working out or walking. Thats for the HR, idk how the charge works.
>>
>>35452684
I got the same thing some month ago, I think its great for fat burning / cutting (since it tells you your heart rate)
>>
from my experience it's pretty fucking crazy how many calories it tells you you burned just from counting the steps
>>
Tfw you didn't think to tap in the middle aged white women market first
Tfw fitbit guy is now rich
>>
These things are good for fitness noobs to get their feet wet with metrics.

When you get to the point were you're fit enough that you obviously don't need to be tracking steps you'll realize that you only really need a chest monitor and watch at most.
>>
>>35452946
Caught me red handed

>>35452974
Are chest monitors really necessary?
>>
>>35453000
>Are chest monitors really necessary?
They are the most accurate device anon. Monitoring your heart rate with a wrist device pales in comparison.

Again, the product is marketed to fitness noobs. Heart rate accuracy isn't important this early in their fitness journey. They need babby metrics like steps and heart rate monitoring accurate enough just to let them know that they are actually getting a workout.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.