[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5x5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 5x5.png (11 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
5x5.png
11 KB, 175x175
>low back ache on low bar during 5x5

do I just need to push my knees out harder or tighten abs more or what
>>
>>35449616
maybe take 10% for a week and go back up?
eating enough?
>ive been doing sl5x5 for 1 month
>>
>>35449633
I've been doing for 2 months

it's always at bottom of squat

maybe I need to keep head more neutral or don't go so far below parallel

if any experts here feel free to correct me
>>
>>35449616
Video tape yourself with your phone. I can pretty much guarantee you will see your back rounding and the bar not staying centred over your mid foot. Congrats, your legs are strong enough that your core can no longer support the weight. You'll have to progress slower and concentrate on strict form. Also check your ankle flexibility. Low ankle flexibility can make it really hard to keep the bar going straight up and down.
>>
>>35449616

Switch to highbar style and only squat to parallel.
> In b4 hurr muh ass to grass

it's not necessary to go that low and it's actually kind bad for you because when you sink that deep, inevitably you're going to round your lower back for the extra depth.

otherwise op. All you have to do is rest the bar on top of your traps, keep your posture fixed, eliminate any and all forward lean during the movement, lowerthe weight 10% from what you are currently using, add aabdominal work if you aren't already doing it, and there you have it. That should eliminate all unnecessary tension on your lower back.
>>
>>35449660
I had back pain after doing SL for two months, it went away after I corrected my head position.
>>
>>35449616
Post video
>>
>>35449616
You are not flexible enough. Do some yoga or other flexibilty increasing exercises
>>
>>35450111
>it's not necessary to go that low and it's actually kind bad for you because when you sink that deep
yeah, if your form is shit, you retard.
>>
Tighten your core more.

What's your breathing like? Breathe in at the top and hold it throughout the rep to help keep your core solid.

Breathe out as you return to upright at the end of the rep.
>>
>>35449616
do you have buttwink during your squats (aka your hamstrings pull your ass inwards at the bottom of the squat), cause that could be a cause. If so I reccomend sticking your ass out more and streching your hamstrings at the bottom of the squat.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.