[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I won't do it, just theoretically - is it bad to do squat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I won't do it, just theoretically - is it bad to do squat, bench press and deadlift every workout.

For example:

Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

AXAXAXX

3 times a week?

Why yes? Why not? If your goal is strength why not just do it, is it too much deadlifting in one week? Overtraining?
>>
>>35449212

bump
>>
Your shoulders will hate you. Do OHP too if you're that hell bent on it, but some isolation would definitely be beneficial to supplement it. I'd consider bicep, lat, calf and ham isolation for starters but there's probably more that should be added.
>>
I don't think it's too much, if you're used to it. I just think deadlifting that often might be tough, especially when you start to get to heavier weights.
>>
>>35449212
I used to do that with 5x5 weighted pull ups as well.

When I was eating enough and sleeping enough I'd do it every other day without the 2 rest days.
>>
>>35449212
Enjoy your /\ taper and snapped back
If I HAD to do the same exercises every day for some reason, I'd do high bar squats, PCs, dips, chin ups and presses. Volume adjusted to intensity, always sets of five.
>>
snap city
>>
>>35449212
So you want to do SS? That's literally the starting phase of SS.
>>
>>35449212
I did sheiko for awhile and its all three three tes a week. Brought me mad strength but it was hard to move for the first month
>>
>squats 3 times a week
>deadlifts 3 times a week

straight to t-rex mode. 0 aesthetics.
>>
i squat deadlift and bench everyday
>>
File: DUP sample.png (34 KB, 778x520) Image search: [Google]
DUP sample.png
34 KB, 778x520
>>35449212
>is it bad to do squat, bench press and deadlift every workout.

Not if you vary the rep ranges and intensity. Also, you would need some accessory work eventually for neglected or injury prone muscles.

Doing the big 3 every workout at different rep ranges is called Daily Undulating Periodization. It's actually really effective.

http://www.strengtheory.com/in-defense-of-program-hoppers-dup-revisited/
>>
>>35452831

those are ur stats?
>>
>>35453066
That was an unfinished training template that I was following last year leading up to a PL meet. There is an unfinished week, but I figured it out after the screen cap.

Went 550/350/585 at the meet. Used training maxes of 500/325/550 (IIRC).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.