[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1.png (14 KB, 452x214) Image search: [Google]
1.png
14 KB, 452x214
Is this true?
>>
File: 4scoopsofcalcium.jpg (692 KB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
4scoopsofcalcium.jpg
692 KB, 3456x4608
Well no NYR then
>>
>>35447834
no
>>
>>35447834

You can do weighted pushups, pullups & dips at home with little equipment. I'm not saying it's ideal but you could get a decent upper body that way.
>>
>>35447834
Yea that's pretty true, you don't need a gym to get into good shape, but if you're goal is to build muscle it's going to be difficult with out gym equipment
>>
>>35447934
Does anyone have the image of the body weight exercises to do at home? I always see it, but I never save it.
>>
File: 1451253784485.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
1451253784485.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>35447956
maybe this is it idk
>>
>Meatheads aka people with muscle
Boohoo is whoever wrote that intimidated by people who actually lift?
>>
>>35447834
No, but I am still glad that they keep this myth up because it keeps the people who actually suck at working out away.
>>
>>35447834
Corporate gyms, like the one I go to, are definitely filled with morons with no clue what they're doing. However, you're not going to the the body you ultimately desire without real gym equipment
>>
>>35448001
It is fine to follow the most retarded fad diets and work outs, but god forbid you are actually successful and do get fitter, they will immediately try to label you as a moron.

They are the saltiest of crabs.
>>
>>35447834
Gym's are certainly full of people who suck at working out.

That's why I have a homegym but I don't think that's what this was suggesting.
>>
>>35447994
What are those plank progressions even for? I think most people could manage at least side planks, even with no other training.
>>
>>35448260

Autism. You are supposed to start from the first progression even if it's too easy.
>>
>>35447834
Meatheads and people who suck at working out are the two kinds of people in the world, so it's written in a misleading way but it's true.
>>
>>35447834
Personal trainer here, most gyms I've worked at would fit that description.

Idiots, meat heads and people who suck at working out should be one category though, most people don't know shit about performing exercises properly, they learned from videos on the internet or from someone bigger than them.
A lot like /fit/

As for pushy salesmen, I've worked at gyms whose staff offered me a cut of their commission if I got clients to buy supplements from the gym, they will say anything to people about needing BCAAs, protein or even bottled water (they all have water fountains) just to try and make money, even to women who are "toning up".
>tfw a pushy salesman tries telling a seasoned marathon runner she needs protein bars
At times I hate my job, being put on the spot by someone desperate to make £1 from selling 2kg of protein is is one of those times.
>>
>>35448455
>everyone but me is an idiot
>>
>>35448471
I didn't say that.
You would be surprised how many people fuck up on basic shit, for example rep times, if it takes you less than a minute to perform 6 reps, you are doing shit terribly wrong, but everyone will still fuck about doing reps as fast as possible because they want to lift the most weight they can instead of actually get stronger.
>>
>>35447834

I mean theoretically I could get everywhere I need to go on a bike. Doesn't mean that a car(gym) isn't easier.
>>
>>35447834
I have a homegym. My logic is basically that if you work out for, say, four years, then I'd pay 30 EUR for 4*12 months, so all in all 1440 EUR. That is a LOT of money. You can slowly build your own gym easily for that kind of money. I have adjustable dumbbells, a self made rack and bench, a barbell plus six plates (slowly collected them), and lots of other small stuff here. All in all it maybe cost me around 300 - 400 EUR. And I have it forever. And I can go whenever I want to. Wearing whatever I want to. Making noises whatever I like to. I can do whatever the fuck I want to in there. On weekends, on holidays, in the middle of the night, listening to music that I actually like etc.

Oh, and yes, nobody annoys you.
>>
>>35448634
This x a 1 and as many zeros as you can imagine
>>
>>35448634
op here. I decided to buy a home gym last night. I got an adjustable bench, 300 lb barbell set and power rack. Anything else you think I'll need. Want to lose weight and get stronger cuz I'm weak as hell.
>>
>>35447934
This.

Well executed chins with weight are the deadlift of the upper body.
>>
>>35447834
Whoever wrote in OP's pic is just trying to revert a common excuse people have to not even start exercising. Don't take it literally. This is obviously taken out of context.
>>
>>35448305
no you aren't. did you even read the website?
>>
>>35447934
I load my bed with heavy items and lift the end of it.

I use that to squat, deadlift and suitcase deadlift.
>>
>>35447834
>salesmen
spoken like true salesman
>>
>>35447834

You can absolutely get in shape with out a gym, but the gym makes a substantial difference

> social facilitation
> habituation
> muscle targeting
> social comparison
> female presence
> sauna + steam + pool
>>
>>35447834
All you need for aestethic body that women lust for

Pullup bar
Ab wheel

thats it

do pullups/chinups, pushups, dips, and planks/ab rollouts and run a mile a day for one year and bam aestethic body

note only applies to normal humans

low test lanklets and fat as fuck fatasses need not apply
>>
>>35447834
Dunno about the meatheads, but dumbasses galore, and salesmen. Every salesmen is the same always trying to give me the best deal that only they can do that minute.
>>
>>35450583
>no shoulders
>no biceps
>pushups

Care to post a pic proving how your meme routine gave you an aesthetic body? Kek
>>
File: zyzzsfuture.jpg (329 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
zyzzsfuture.jpg
329 KB, 800x599
>>35447834
I know one thing for sure. They love members who pay for a year and never go. That's how planet fitness prospers. It costs as much as a Netflix subscription. So no one will really miss 10 dollars less in their pockets. It's a brilliant set up.
>>
>>35447834
Yes. You can do 90% of what you need with a cheap $200 weight set. Add a power rack and you're complete
>>
>>35448513
This guy is right,
People will fuck up a lot, I know I do.
That's why humble gym goers and bros who help you see the best kid of people
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.