[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NY Resolutioners' Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: resolutioners.png (35 KB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
resolutioners.png
35 KB, 400x371
New Year's resolutioners GTFIH!

We won't make it they say
We'll quit by February they say
We're just wasting space they say

But they're wrong. We will make it. 2016 will be the year our goals are realized.

Let's do this brahs!

Diet Help:
http://whataremymacros.com/
http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Lifting Help:
http://stronglifts.com/
http://symmetricstrength.com/
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/
http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

Cardio Help:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml

Please pitch in with some links of your own. We're all gonna make it /fit/!
>>
If NYR was able to make it, he'd start any other time no matter what date it is.
>>
>>35447099
How is starting at New Years any different than starting some other time of year?

Everyone has to start some time. I don't see why starting on January 1st is any worse from starting on February 5th or some other random date.
>>
>>35447050
In. I wanted to start back in November but with Christmas coming I ended up spending too much money buying people presents and couldn't afford a membership. Now I can and I'm ready to get in the gym.

I've been reading articles and practicing my form unweighted for the past few weeks. I feel like my form is pretty solid but I want to see how it holds up with a loaded barbell and not just bodyweight or a broomstick.
>>
>>35447167
Because most likely the new years reoslutioner had decided he was going to start half way through December but put it off for 20 odd days. If you're not dedicated you're never gonna make it
>>
>>35447294
Maybe New Years was just the time that was most convenient for them to start. See >>35447258

Regardless, the most important thing is that they started. When they start doesn't matter. Even if they waited till New Years that still shows that they have the desire to improve and the willingness to take action. That makes them better than all the couch potatoes staying at home.
>>
>>35447294
Deciding to do something and putting it off for 20 days is still better than putting something off forever. And it's way better than not making that decision at all.
>>
>Makes this big thread with a dozen links
>Literally all of this information and more is in the fucking sticky

YOU

NEVER

FUCKING

LEARN

10/10 Legit mad that so many people miss the fucking sticky
>>
>>35447050

you will quit because you dont have the effort to keep a burger out of your mouth

let alone stick to a routine.

either stick with it or FUCK OFF
>>
is this a chat thread or is everyone just gonna complain, then defend themselves...
>>
>>35447529
Putting it off for twenty days is indicative of a lack of dedication. What was so important during those twenty days that you couldn't go to the gym? If it wasn't something on the scale of a death in the family, you will quit the gym as soon as something else comes up. And if something else doesn't come up, you will make one up.
>>
there is some serious 'tism in this thread. If they stop going to the gym who cares if they keep going to the gym good for them
>>
>>35447589
It takes time to make a change. Most people take some time to contemplate before making the plunge. That's natural.

For example, I play a musical instrument. I practice it daily and have become proficient over the past 5 years I've been playing it.

However, I did not just wake up one day and say "I'm going to learn how to play a musical instrument." I spent a couple weeks contemplating it before finally making the plunge. Seeing as how I've been practicing it consistently for 5 year my putting it off wasn't indicative of lacking dedication.

I don't know anyone who commits to something without spending some time contemplating first.
>>
I see a lot of talk here. Report back in March if you're still at it.
>>
ICF 5x5 is good for people who want a little extra hypertrophy work

Die the volume I only recommend it while bulking or maintaining. If cutting you should do one of the programs OP listed.
>>
>>35447099
Retarded
>>
>>35447948
>Die the volume

I meant 'due to the volume'.
>>
>>35447589
>What was so important during those twenty days that you couldn't go to the gym?

Lots of travelling lots of holidays lots of shopping lots of food lots of annoying relatives lots of traffic lots of busy crowded places lots of shitty weather
December sucks in general
Fuck you
Stop being autistic there's more than one way to operate
>>
>>35447948
Link to ICF: https://content.tigerfitness.com/jason-blaha-5x5-novice-workout-program/

Link to author's other program: https://content.tigerfitness.com/juggernaut-fitness-linear-hypertrophy-program/
>>
>>35447574
Unfortunately the "hurr durr resolutioners suck" crowed is quite vocal.
>>
>>35447050
>>35447050
Eh I believe in you. Just keep that conviction.
>>
File: Greyskull LP.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull LP.png
47 KB, 547x465
Phrak's Greyskull variant is nice.
>>
>>35447099
Dubs tells the truth, if you wanted to make a change you'd start at anytime, not wait for new year.
You start by saying "man fuck it l really need to fix my shit" not by saying "new year new me" like all the time.
On the other hand, all of my coworkers and friends that decided to start lifting in january stopped after a few weeks.
"I don't have any time boo hoo"
And you will stop too, because you're so lazy that you didn't say "l'll start tomorrow" but "l'll start next year".
Go for it, though, use all of the hate as fuel, that's what l did.
>>
This thread is a literal meme.
>>
>>35448227
because they do suck.
>>
>>35447258
I didn't join the gym until I'd lost 50lbs

Not gonna make it
o
t

g
o
n
n
a

m
a
k
e

i
t
>>
>>35447975
> being this defensive
>being this delusional
>having this many fucking excuses

Cmon anon, I'm not gonna tell you that you're never gonna make it, because everyone has the ability to make it, but stop deluding yourself. If you are truly motivated and dedicated to improving yourself, you need to make working out a fucking priority.

None of this "THERE'S JUST NO TIME AND THERES TOO MUCH TRAFFIC AND TOO MUCH TRAVELLING AND TOO MUCH FOOD AND FAMILY UGH THERES NO TIME". Holy shit that is the worst mentality. You should be saying "Fuck, I won't have time to do something today because it interferes with my gym schedule" instead of the other way around. It's a fucking priority and if you don't think so, you'll have a hell of a hard time keeping it up, Mr. Resolutioner.
>>
>>35447755

There's a difference between

> i need some time to see if this is really what i want
and
> Me in three months will deal with is

People in the last category are not going to make it
>>
>>35450617
Who the fuck cares?

As long as they make the decision to improve their bodies and start working why does it matter when they decide to start?

Resolutioner bashing is just a meme the socially retarded use to make themselves feel superior.

"Hi, I started lifting in January."
"Well I started in October so I'm better than you!"

Like it makes a difference.
>>
>>35450758
I'm not bashing the date that he starts working out, I'm criticizing the whole mentality of "I'm too busy to work out". It's not a healthy mentality if you want to keep something up.
>>
>>35447050

I bike 3 miles a day to the gym and another 3 back 4 days a week whilst working 9 hour days 6 days a week. Each workout is a bit over an hour, and I've been doing this consistently
for months, before which I was biking 5 miles to and from while being self-employed. Keep in mind, it's currently 45 degrees Fahrenheit when I get off of work, requires me to bike up
a huge fuckin' hill, and by the time I finish working out an hour and fifteen after getting there, it's dark and under 30°.

Fuck NYR. I started working out two years ago, lifting a year ago, and going to an actual gym so I can do compounds five months ago. Fuck you for thinking you have willpower because
you waited for no goddamn reason to start on January 1st. Fuck you for wasting space in the place I have to bike 25 minutes to and from in the cold. Fuck you for thinking you have
any amount of dedication. And most of all, fuck you for quitting when my former 285 pound ass is sitting at 200/13.5%.
>>
>>35450879
Why did you weight until you got up to 285 lbs? If you had any dedication you wouldn't have gotten fat in the first place.

That's how stupid you sound.
>>
>>35450790
Some people have different priorities. School & family are mine. Since I've finished my undergrad now and I'm (hopefully) moving out in September I can focus on my fitness more. Plus I got a gym membership last month as a gift so I actually have somewhere to work out.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.