[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True or False?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: wksh1.jpg (54 KB, 510x500) Image search: [Google]
wksh1.jpg
54 KB, 510x500
Let's see if you guys can have a consensus on these:

1. rest days are unnecessary and overtraining is largely a myth

2. tingling sensations in your feet when stretching your hamstrings may cause nerve damage

3. doing cardio after you've built yourself a strong body is beneficial

4. intermittent fasting has positive results on your metabolism

5. protein shakes aren't necessary

6. dumbbells are not as efficient as barbells

7. people who injure themselves generally do so because of bad form and because they try lifting far too heavy for their actual strength

Write your own, too.
>>
>>35445689
1. false
Wonder why you see guys at the gym benching 2-3pl8 for years and never increasing it?

Poor fatigue management, they plateau and never change their high volume, high frequency programming to allow for fatigue management,
>>
>>35445689
>1. rest days are unnecessary and overtraining is largely a myth

False to the first part, overtraining is not something the average gymgoer will experience, it is really something that concerns elite athletes and people at the top of their game. Rest IS important however.

>2. tingling sensations in your feet when stretching your hamstrings may cause nerve damage

Never had that.

>3. doing cardio after you've built yourself a strong body is beneficial

Cardio is always beneficial in the right quantities. No need to wait until after.

>4. intermittent fasting has positive results on your metabolism

The main benefit seems to be a stricter calorie control imo.

>5. protein shakes aren't necessary

true

>6. dumbbells are not as efficient as barbells

Depends what you're doing. You can't get 4plate dumbells so they're no good for deadlifting. Barbells are no good for flies.

>7. people who injure themselves generally do so because of bad form and because they try lifting far too heavy for their actual strength

Yep.
>>
>>35445689
False
>2. tingling sensations in your feet when stretching your hamstrings may cause nerve damage
dunno
Doing cardio is beneficial to everyone
Dunno.But it works.Take 2 people one eats all day one eats for only 8 hours of his day who do you think will eat less?
Agreed unless you lack protein
Disagree.Depends on the lift though.Try lat raises with barbells.
>7. people who injure themselves generally do so because of bad form and because they try lifting far too heavy for their actual strength
No if you lift weights.Period you will be injured so long as you've progressed alot.I don't even mean reaching out for a 22kg+ to your one rep max I mean progressing
>>
>>35445730
>Never had that.

I have very short hamstrings, which probably fuck up my knees (makes it hard to squat), and I'm working on stretching: I get that whenever I stretch. Sometimes during the stretch, and then for hours afterwards, especially later in the day, especially in bed. I feel cold/warm sensations completely independent from the rest of my body. Is this normal or should I get concerned?
>>
>>35445689

Horseshit. Your muscles need time to repair and grow.

No idea.

Yes.

Not sure about that one but I'd say no.

True.

Depends. If you are novice, in most cases, yes.

True, obviously.
>>
>>35445761

Guys, please use green text.

Also, don't assume that these statements are OP's opinions, just to be clear.
>>
>>35445689
1 false
2 maybe
3 true
4 true
5 true
6 false
7 true
>>
8. Muscle confusion is a good way to keep gaining strength and mass
>>
>>35445810
>8. Muscle confusion is a good way to keep gaining strength and mass

Muscles don't know what you're doing and they don't care. Only you get confused by exercise variety, which is largely bullshit oozing from the fitness sales' industry. The human body doesn't change every 6 months, so the best exercises will be the same for centuries and millennia. We know them by now.

>compound movements
>the most basic of them
>SS/SL
>>
9. Scoobies physique is achievable naturally
>>
File: 1451419234391.jpg (456 KB, 1200x1321) Image search: [Google]
1451419234391.jpg
456 KB, 1200x1321
>>35445883
>9. Scoobies physique is achievable naturally

Sure. You can lose hair because of muh genetics alone.
>>
>>35445883
Current physique or peak?
Current - no he is on TRT to maintain that at his age
Peak - maybe there are pretty strong rumours that he was not as natty as he claimed
>>
>>35445997
Can understand if you start cruising past 40

Nature just cheats you out of your gains, it's only fair to cheat back
>>
>>35446040
>Can understand if you start cruising past 40

You can virtually stop muscle loss at even older ages. I've seen guys get fit past 65.
>>
>>35445689

1. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

2. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

3. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

4. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

5. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

6. This is a stupid fucking troII thread

7. This is a stupid fucking troII thread
>>
>>35445689
>Let's see if you guys can have a consensus on these:
False. Your body needs to recover. You generally need 48 hours between training each bodypart again, unless you're going light and have built up to some Bulgarian style frequency.
I'm not a doctor but I imagine it would
Yes, cardio is always necessary
Don't know. Results are probably minimal and vary from person to person.
If you can get enough protein from other sources, they are not necessary
False. The same argument used on here against cable machines and for barbells can be used against barbells and for dumbells.
This is a cause of injury. I don't know if this is 'generally' the cause of injury from the weight room.
>>
>>35445689
poorly phrased, you dont necessarily need rest days (bro splitters all around the globe can confirm), but its often beneficial, especially if you do a compound heavy routine.

the rest are very obvious.
>>
10. you need to eat protein within a few hours of your work out or else it will be useless

11. protein stays in the body for 5 hours only
>>
>>35445767
>Guys, please use green text.
>>
>>35448015

>thanks
>>
>>35445730
>Barbells are no good for flies
Enjoy not making it
>>
>>35448449
does anyone have that screencap about barbell flies?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.