[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions about how to gain muscle mass with Hyperthyroidism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160101_114805.jpg (712 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_114805.jpg
712 KB, 1536x2048
My grandmother had hyperthyroidism and it unfortunately passed down to me, and as a man I attempt very hard to try and increase muscle mass but since my metabolism is so fast I gain no fat and the more I work out the more weight I'm losing. I'm already below 140 pounds at 5'11" and nothing seems to work. The best a doctor can do for me is give me pills to slow down my metabolism but that make cause depressing and severe weight gain which I don't want. I'm stuck in progress but though I feel stronger I still look like a twig. Help?

That pic is probably the most flexed I can get though I've kept to a rough every other day workout schedule I've had to stop for a few weeks because I start noticing weight loss.
>>
>>35445636
>5'11"

be honest
>>
OP Here

My license lists me as 5'10" and the yearly checkup doctors always swapped between 5'11" and 5'10" since I was 15 years old.
>>
>>35445695
So 5'10 then.
>>
>>35445636

How I long have you been lifting? What are your stats? What is your routine?

High metabolism is a retarded excuse.
>>
>>35445636
Do you think gomad will work?
1 gallon of milk is alot of calories.Peanut butter has alot aswell.
Anyone else have any idea?
>>
>>35445636
I have the same problem. I decided years ago to just stop body building. I focus on cardio now. Cycling, rock climing, shit even cross country running. I have a great body. Never will my body bulk up though. I ate crazy amounts of food. Im talking tons. I ate 4 large pizzas a day for two weeks. I lost three pounds by the end of it. My weight stays even for the most part. I only gain weight from the food in my stomach once its digested nothing is put on my body. So i know this feeling op...it suxz.
>>
>>35445786

Alright so I've been trying to keep a steady 30 minutes of weight lifting then 50 pushups and situps. I'm more focused on my arms but I only have a 40 pound set to work with so I can't experiment trying higher weights. But I usually go through 6-7 pairs of 10 reps each arm of different ways to try and work on the shoulder, bicep and forearm. I'm not super experienced in this so I have no idea what the name of what I'm doing is. I've been doing this for a solid 2 years, and it's not an excuse it's literally stopping me I'm borderline underweight I don't wanna become anorexic but I also don't want to eat like a mammoth just to sustain no-gains. I already eat more than the average person at almost 4,000 calories a day sometimes and it's honestly getting expensive to keep that up. Assorted meats, milk, eggs, sandwiches and sometimes I spoil myself with pizza or buffalo wings.
>>
>>35445821

I can drink upwards of 6-8 gallons of milk a month. It's easily my go-to drink since the doctors said my hyperthyroidism gives me increased risk of diabetes since the sugar isn't dissolved properly etc. Eitherway soda and sugary stuff are a no-go for me.
>>
>>35445636

If you've tried GOMAD consider something like soylent powder. Digests quick & efficient. You can drink 3000 calories in one sitting.
>>
>>35446073

Alright thanks, if all else fails I'll probably just move to cardio and give up trying to bulk up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.