[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of damage can make to your body a two week stoppage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Ywn4KnW.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Ywn4KnW.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
How much of damage can make to your body a two week stoppage of training?
>>
Eat at maintenance and it will be almost nothing
>>
>>35444346
You will lose all your gains and get gyno.
>>
>>35444387
No gynoooooooo
Fuck no :(

>>35444374
Hmm maintenance at xmas and new year? Hard stuff
>>
Provided your diet is good and you're not killing it with the alcohol/drugs, hardly anything.

The issue is more the psychological impact, like you think it's ok to take longer and longer breaks until you've basically quit and you don't even realize it.
>>
>>35444442
Does someone force feed you?
>>
>>35444486
Kinda
>>
>>35444346

The general rule of thumb is you can go about 3 weeks of doing nothing before your body decides to break down some useless muscle.
This will happen gradually so you won't lose all your gains right away but the phrase 'use it or lose it' is still true.

Also, >>35444465
You run the risk of breaking your habit of working out which is even worse.
>>
RIP OP
>>
>>35444465

>The issue is more the psychological impact

This is why I can't take weeks off from lifting. I used to miss one day, then I'd rationalize not lifting for a second day, then say I'd start up again next week etc.
>>
>>35444465
Had to stop due to hollydays and bad weather
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.