[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk propecia. So i have been reading on and off about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18
File: joel-mchale-plastic-surgery.jpg (49 KB, 495x373) Image search: [Google]
joel-mchale-plastic-surgery.jpg
49 KB, 495x373
Lets talk propecia.

So i have been reading on and off about it for the last 3 years and my hair (front) is incredible thin now. I am now ready to make the jump, but i want to hear your experience with it. Did it have any affect on your sex life? on your gains? where do you buy it? would you recommend it ?

I am 26 year old male from Norway, if any norsk-fags can help out i ll very grateful!

Happy new year
>>
>>35438368

fuck really? that looks more like surgery.
>>
>>35438368
The potential for permanent impotence is too great. Just shave your fucking head.
>>
>>35438381
its supposedly 1.8%, and it can go away once you stop taking it. I JUST DONT KNOW!!
>>
>>35438381
That shit is all in your head. Its a meme perpetuated by crab minded already bald faggots who are too late to save.
>>
I have been on it for about 8 months and have regained much of what i lost. I am back to a solid nw1,5. No side effects, no sexual sides and no effects on muscle mass.
I buy it at my local pharmacy as a generic for about 10 euro. I split them into 4s, so one packet lasts for 4 months.
It was really, really worth it for me!
>>
your pic is probably of a hair transplant.

i've been reading on propecia for about a year before i decided to take the jump. i tried to avoid all the paranoia and simply read the studies myself. it eventually became clear to me that propecia has very little risk. i decided to take it about 7 months ago, as an "experiment". i decided that if at any point i'll get side effects, i will drop it immediately. my dick is more important to me than my hair.

anyway, it's been 7 months now, maybe 8. i have not suffered any side effects. maybe my libido dropped about 15%, but that's probably beause i've been working hard and hardly sleeping lately. also i'm 28 and fap about once every two days, so i guess i'm perfectly fine. i'm always down to fuck. never had boner issues. semes is just as thick as it's ever been. can't think of anything else really. i'll probably get my hormones checked and sperm count in the year's mark, just in case.

as for the hair.. it was actually not bad when i started taking it. just slightly receeding at the temples, a little bit of thinning in the crown. you wouldn't say i'm "balding" or anything, it was more of a preemptive measure. it's a little worse now, actually. that's how it is when you stard taking the drug, first some hair falls off, so be prepared. it didn't grow back as of yet, but it probably will. they say the best results are in the 2 year mark. i'm optimistic.

god speed.
>>
>>35438733

actually i take back what i said on the hair transplant, it might be propecia or just a good haircut.
>>
>>35438368
Community is such a shit show I'm glad it's finally dead.
>>
>>35438832
that annie tho
>>
File: greendalegifs.gif (497 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
greendalegifs.gif
497 KB, 350x197
>>35439241
>>
>>35438733
>has only lost hair since taking this drug
>libido HAS gone down but he rationalizes it
>still convinced the drug is working

It's placebo bullshit most likely. And Joel McHale has a hair transplant, and possibly silicone "pecs" or something like that. His muscles don't look real on Community, more like a "muscle suit", the proportions aren't right.
>>
File: 20151227_142132.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20151227_142132.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Been on it for about 6 months. I take the generic. I also use rogaine and nizoral shampoo. The hair gains have been great, and my hair keeps getting healthier.

With that said, I might quit. I noticed that I have not been as sharp as before i started the drug. My cognitive abilities like memory and critical thought seem to be struggling. Basically I think I have brain fog, which is a common anecdotal side effect described by users of hair loss forums about the drug.

There is scientific research that has been done that gives support to the possibility of propecia/finasteride causing cognitive issues. Basically the drug has been shown to significantly reduce the concentration neurosteroids. This is unsettling as neurosteroids have important functions in brain health.

The picture is my current hair.
>>
File: 20151227_142027.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20151227_142027.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>35439567
>>
>>35439567

That's pretty scary stuff anon. I'd quit too if that happened to me.
>>
>>35439533
took it for 3 years
first year very mild sides, only missing morning wood sometimes
2nd year no morning wood,semen becomes watery starting to get a bit of ed
3rd year worse ed , at that point i just dropped it
about year+ off it now, lost alot of hair at the temples and overall thickness, sides are pretty much all gone thx god.
probably most aren't as sensitive to it as me but if some sides occur, make sure not to convince yourself it's nothing.
>>
I've taken it for about six years now and never had any problems. I'd been thinning for years but didn't notice. If you value your hair then start now. Just think when your hair is gone and you look like a freak would you rather have taken one pill to stop it.
>>
>>35439590
i hope it won't get to that, but yeah, i will definitely drop it if it ever becomes an issue. i am well aware that using the drug despite having side effects for a long time can lead to long term effects even after you stop taking it. again, not gonna risk my dick for my hair. i've had a buzzcut most of my life, i look good with it anyway. i would still rather keep my hair if i can, at least until something better comes around
>>
>>35439662
Breezula should be coming around soon
>>
>>35439672
will probably take about a decade before it's fully commercialized and available in my country..
>>
>>35439660
this is what most people on fin are saying from what i've read. side effects are over all pretty rare, under 2%. i think you should approach the drug while being cautious, but take it nonetheless
>>
File: 6 month update.jpg (660 KB, 1821x1152) Image search: [Google]
6 month update.jpg
660 KB, 1821x1152
Here is me at the six month mark. I am coming up on the 9 month mark and look even better.
>>
File: Dec 30b.jpg (700 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Dec 30b.jpg
700 KB, 1080x1920
>>35439721
Here is about 8.5 months.
>>
>>35439721
wow that's fantastic m8. can't believe you look so much better after just 6 months, meanwhile i look worse. been taking the expensive patented stuff
>>
>>35438368
>2016
>not knowing that ajkd is the cure for MPB in most cases
>not knowing that progesterone is a powerful inhibitor of estrogen and dht
>not knowing that high levels of progesterone during puberty are the reason that you have high test and no hairloss.
>>
File: 1451439450885.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1451439450885.png
464 KB, 878x900
>roiding is ok to bodybuilders
>taking hair transplant/pills
>nah bro just shave it off jason statham mode xDDD

fuck that shit take the hair pills

full head of hair means young, vigor, sexy

bald head is gay
>>
>>35439742
>tfw i would definitely roid if i weren't prone to balding
i wonder if going on a moderate cycle while taking duta or something as powerful can stop the hairloss
>>
>>35439721
>>35439735

that's awesome!
how are the side-effects ?
>>
>>35439736
Thanks man. My routine:

>Minoxidil AM
>Finasteride AM
>Biontin AM (just started doing this)
>Mioxidil PM before bed
>Nizoral shampoo twice a week
>>
>>35439736
i think a reason why i've lost hair on propecia in the last 6 months might be minoxidil.. i've been using it kind of irresponsibly, some days i forgot, i even had like a week where i went without it.. shouldn't have started minoxi in the first place
>>
>>35439751
Touch and go. I had some ball ache when I first started. Heart racing / palpatations?? every once in a while, scares the crap out of me when it happens.

Went through a wicked hair shed at around the 6 month mark.

Dick still works if that's what you're mostly wondering. Had the "watery" semen thing for a while but it returned to normal.
>>
>>35439779
thx how old are you and do you lift ? (no offence)
>>
George lucas has GOAT hair genetics. Norwood 1 in his 70s.
>>
>>35439763
why fin in the AM? i heard it can cause some foggyness and shit right after you take it, so i've always taken it right before going to be and never had that problem
>>
>>35439812
*bed
>>
>>35439799
Early 30s. Been lifting for 6 months (bulked from 139 lbs - 173 lbs on ICF). Began balding when I was 18-19.
>>
>>35439812
Yeah you can take it whenever you want during the day. When I began taking it I would just take it in the morning and it became part of my routine. I might try this though, thanks for the tip.
>>
File: 6 month update 2.png (3 MB, 3170x1920) Image search: [Google]
6 month update 2.png
3 MB, 3170x1920
>>35439763
Here is from another angle
>>
File: Dec 30c.jpg (719 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Dec 30c.jpg
719 KB, 1080x1920
>>35439868
One I took yesterday, around 8.5 months mark.
>>
>>35439868
If I had one advice though, aesthetically-speaking, what about shaving your head while continuing your hair treatment ?
>>
>>35439721

I've been using minox for like 3 years and I never got results like that... I need to start fin.
>>
>>35439886
I have tried this and it doesn't look that great on me, which is why I am on the drugs now.

My ex-gf hated when I shaved my head. I have a bit of a baby face and can't go Staham mode.

I do style/spike the hair, all these pictures are with my hair combed down and forward which is not how I style my hair.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 922x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 922x400
I think its hit or miss on the sides op. Im 36 now, started balding around 22 and took fin off an on until 30.
The first few months on fin, i would be fine but later on my libido would drop drastically and my semen became really watery, eventually brain fog would set in and stuff like making a simple list or remembering what i had done the day before became difficult, the sides would disappear after i stopped and having tried it several times i know they werent fake or just in my mind, that being said, fin did an excellent job of restoring my hairline and keeping it looking nice, for me it just wasnt worth it to have a nice hairline but a broken dick and brain fog. I shave and rock a vin diesel look but im checking out scalp micropigmentation as an alternative
Pic related: hair stubble tattoo
>>
File: Hair 4chan.jpg (246 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
Hair 4chan.jpg
246 KB, 405x720
>>35439943
Here is a pic from about a month or so ago just to give you an idea.
>>
>>35439970
sheeit looking swole senpai
>>
>>35439951
don't do that m8..
there's an old guy in my gym who did that, now he lost what's left of his hair and it looks fucking ridiculous
>all hairline
>nothing else
also looks very fake when you're up close. i'd rather go full baldlet desu. get a tan keep your bf% low and a little bit of mass, you'll be fine
>>
>>35439970

Blacking out your eyes like that gives the impression that you're wearing makeup.
>>
File: HT-min.png (2 MB, 1437x4721) Image search: [Google]
HT-min.png
2 MB, 1437x4721
I take fin and had really nice regrowth

I am less than NW2 now but not back to NW1

In a couple years if I maintain my hairline then I will get a HT to fill in the temples a little bit

glorious NW0 will come upon me soon
>>
>>35439740
Why would you troll like this?
>>
>>35439970

why would you only black out the eyes?
it's... kinda creepy
>>
>>35438722
What do you buy? I live in Norway please tell me every thing
>>
>>35439740
The fuck is ajkd
>>
>>35438832

>guy who is streets behind detected
>>
Gonna hop on fin soon. I want to be able to comb my hair without freaking out when i lose like 15 hairs. Been on minox 3 months and castor oil a few weeks
>>
>>35439970
Dude, you need some facial hair. That would fix your problems.
>>
>>35439721
Have you though about buzzing?
The hair regrowth youve experienced would make a buzz cut look better since you have a hairline now to frame your face.
>>
>>35442073
Got my hair cut a few weeks ago before Christmas. Asked the girl for a number 2 buzz. She goes "ohh...." In like a disapproving tone. I'm like "what? No good?" She suggested a fade on the sides and back with a bit of hair up top to mess up/style. I can't grow much facial hair so I'm guessing this is why.
>>
>>35439721

is the money and side effects really worth that much more hair? i doubt it will ever turn into a full head of hair again

youd probably be better off buzzing your head and growing a beard desu
>>
>>35442214
I've experienced minimal sided so far luckily enough. I've had a lot of compliments and people tell me my hair is looking a lot better.

Thing with finasteride is that it can take like 3-4 years for max results and I'm only at 9 months
>>
>>35438368
barber det av homo
>>
>>35441918
how do you use the castor oil?

ive been taking a few drops internally, has made my shedding go down heaps
>>
>>35439721
You look so dejected
>>
>>35439868
Shave your head, get glasses that fit your face and then start lifting weights.
>>
I'm fucking terrified
>>
File: hairline.jpg (398 KB, 1843x632) Image search: [Google]
hairline.jpg
398 KB, 1843x632
>>35439721
Nice man. I havent used proscar. But I did minox, pumpkin seed oil topically and niz. Along with biotin. It's wortked for me. Might hop on proscar but havent decided.
>>
im 26, been having a receding hairline for a few years now. I saif fuck it and buzzed my head. I have thick eyebrows and can grow a thick beard so im good

i dont wanna fuck with any meds that will alter my moods or sex drive. All I need is to lift weights
>>
File: IMG_0005.jpg (795 KB, 2000x1693) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0005.jpg
795 KB, 2000x1693
I've been questioning my hair a lot lately. It seems like my scalp is clearly visible in direct light, especially around the crown, but I'm not sure if it's thinning or if it's just because of my hair type. I've went through older photo's from 3 years ago, and even back then, it seems like my crown is slightly visible on several images, which is why I suspect my hairstyle is to blame.

Pic related is my crown. hard light vs. soft light
>>
been thinning in the front of my head for a long while. actually using minoxidil 5% on my face instead of the top of my head. i figure if i go bald naturally the least i can do is jumpstart a fucking killer beard to go with it. had faggy pubic hair beard for my whole life. i hear after about 6 months of using the stuff twice daily you'll pretty much be set for life. i might dabble in it on my head after my face supply is over, but i'd rather focus on growing new hair on my face than struggling to keep what i have on top.
>>
>>35442477
2 ml orally and topical i just cover my temples. Both once a day
>>
>>35442858
I have the exact same thing man, im nearly 21 and when i look back at older pics i have that same crown pattern as you, and it has barely changed, I cant tell if im balding but im taking preventative measures already.
>>
Serious question: why do black men generally look better bald? Is it purely a matter if skin colour or something to do with African aesthetics?
>>
>>35442858
My hair color is the exact same as yours.

I'm worried that it's getting darker though. I like being blonde.
>>
>>35442858
Its called a cowlick. I have that. Thats usually where you start to go bald. Keep an eye on it, and take fin preemptively if you see any changes. So far youre good
>>
>>35442977
Doesnt it really age your skin?
>>
File: 1448886634651.jpg (73 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448886634651.jpg
73 KB, 800x800
I have been unsing minox for the last 6 years and Propecia for the last 3 (stoping 4 months this summer).

The libido may go a bit down, but it is mostly pshycological, i fix the libido issue by doing kegels and my sex ife has not ever been better than now.

About the brain fog i am not sure what to say, i do have some but i think i was this was my entire life.

i started balding at 20, now i am 26 and I would be bald by now if not by the help of this drugs.

Planing on going Statham mode at my 30 birthday.

PD: Biotin (Regaxidil) is great for the white shit that appears in the scalp after using minox.

So i basically do: 12 sprays of Minox 5 % before going to bed, 1/5 of Propecia (proscar) on the mornings and a lot of regaxidil (Biotin, zinc and other shit mix) after washing my face in the mornigns.

GL with the struggle anons
>>
Trump
>>
File: sam-winchester.jpg (129 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
sam-winchester.jpg
129 KB, 500x332
>>35439970

A demon, Dean look out!
>>
Keep posting your results /baldbros/
>>
>>35445543

don't have a pic but i've lost a bit of hair while on fin for a year
>>
Daily reminder to drink at least 3/4 of a gallon of water a day, to get thicker hair, healthier scalp and better skin
>>
My 52 year old father has been taking it for a few years and his bald spot is basically gone
>>
>>35444154
Not that I've seen at all. Just moisturize like you would normally
>>
Why do you just do FUE?
That's what I'm planning on doing, when my hairline is completely shitfucked (which will be pretty soon).
All these meds seem very unreliable and the sides could be pretty scary too.
>>
>>35448550
>Why don't you just do FUE?
fixed englando
>>
>>35448561
because with the help of fin you can aiod being shitfucked altogether (if you start soon enough)

if you start just when you notice it starting, you will not get bald ever. at all. the problem is most people start way too late, either because they're in denial, or scared, or simply unaware that there's an actual solution. it's mostly denial tho, that was my case
>>
>>35443195
any results? i guess you're doing it coz of the swisstemples thing huh. i wish he'd post another progress shot
>>
>>35438722
Ugh I hate hearing this, I've been on it 8 months and I'm pretty sure it's only got worse - still get the mpb itch. Gonna give it another month or two before swapping to dutasteride
>>
File: Johnny Knoxville-SGG-027347.jpg (34 KB, 408x644) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Knoxville-SGG-027347.jpg
34 KB, 408x644
Been on it for 2 years, stopped my hair falling out, but now i have and have maintained a johnny knoxville hairline which im fine with.

I seriously think propecia side effects are noceblo fear mongeing. After i started i read up on it and as soon as i heard about it causing impotence i started having problem with my dick. But now a few years later my dick works better than ever, had no side effects what so ever. I think its a crab in the bucket type of thing from salty bald people who try to keep you down since they're pissed they never started it.
But in my experience you won't grow any hair with it, so if you got on too late its useless.
>>
>>35450325
Yep swisstemples is our savior.
ive seen a bit of regrowth from the minox too early to tell with the oil.
>>
Any way to get propecia without a scrip? Or is a scrip easy enough to obtain? Online websites sell the non brand shit for a hundred dollars for a year supply.
>>
>>35451089
No, But if youre over 18 any doctor will prescribe it to you if you directly ask them. Some might be hesitant, but if you say you want it they will give it. But in my experience male doctors are way more lenient, since they know the pain and the position you're in. Female doctors try to lecture you how the "rewards" are not worth the risks
>>
>>35438368
With all due respect, I never got why would you hurt your health and your pockets just to delay the inevitable.
Get a good haircut or shave and accept you're hair is shit. Isn't that cheaper and less stressful?
>>
>>35440288
Is the circled thing a transplant?
>>
>>35451282
But most of the time it doesnt affect your health at all. Why wouldnt one try to stop mbp?
>>
>>35451335
just get hair transplant...
>>
>>35451411
>>35451411
Then you still need to get on fin to not look like shit. And transplants cost too much abd will look like shit the first months still
>>
>>35438368
I'm using Minox at the moment. I used Fin a few years ago and was one of the unlucky one to experience sexual sides so had to discontinue use. Only been using Minox for two weeks so no progress yet. Those two /fit/izens who posted their Minox progress gave me hope. Still got relatively decent coverage at 30 so if I can make it to 35 - 40 with most of what I've got I'll be happy.
>>
>>35439735
Looking good. Your progress makes me pretty confident I can at the very least keep what I've got. Even a little filler would give me a virtually full head of hair.
>>
>>35439807
Manlet tho
>>
>>35442214
I've heard sides come eventually and you'll have to quit and all hair loss comes rapidly, might be the case that those who bald more aggresivly get sides faster and those who has been on it for years never were going bald anyways and it was just all in their heads
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.