[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too fat to deadlift? Gut getting in the way of starting form.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1428x776) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1428x776
Too fat to deadlift? Gut getting in the way of starting form.

6'3, 300 lbs, 28% BF, long torso but short arms and legs.

Any alternative exercises?
>>
>>35437961
post a body picture
>>
wider, or pull sumo. You should also stretch.

I'm 5'11 345 lbs man, I know the struggle.

Keep deadlifting, nothing better than heavy compounds.
>>
>>35437961
Why is everyone on this board so tall and overweight?
>Sup, /fit/! I'M 8'13" and 10000lbs 70% bf. Am I too fat and tall to squat?
>>
>>35437961
Eat less food
>>
>>35437989
yes

>>35437961
widen your stance a bit
Stretch
Practice form every session

I deadlifted just fine at 275 lbs when I started.
>>
>long torso
>short arms
> short legs (hopefully femur)

your alternatives are: squat, snatch, clean&jerk
>>
Romanian deadlifts?
>>
File: 2.jpg (189 KB, 606x1078) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
189 KB, 606x1078
>>35437973
Attached, closest thing I have at the moment. Otherwise just flab and bitch tits.

>>35437986
Will give sumo a go, one of the problems is getting low enough to the bar, so hopefully that should work.. I tried wide grip previously but found that I was rounding the back to reach lower for the bar.

Any recommendations on stretches or stretching programs?

>>35437989
Selection bias?
>>
>>35437994
Working on it..

>>35438023
Squatting now already (doing ICF), may look atthe others if it all goes to shit.
>>
OP reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9kioso1ya0
>>
I am 5'10" 305 and deadlift just fine. Man up and pull the weight. Stop looking for excuses or outs.
>>
6'1 285 here, definitely not thin by any strecth, I deadlift just fine. Stretch every day, practice getting into form. There's no excuse why your "gut" should get in the way. Drink a lot of water and piss out whatever excess bullshit you have in there to flatten it out some.
>>
>>35437961
head is cocked up, keep neutral with spine. also your lower back is rounded before you even start
>>
>>35438498
>145lbs

there are females at my commercial gym who can rep 145 for 5+. is this montage fake lol
>>
What stretches are you guys talking about?
>>
Stretch your fucking glutes, hams and IT band.

Use risers for now.

Use a trap bar

Don't use fucking squat shoes for deadlifts, you're shifting the load onto your quads and straining your lumbar and being shitty.
>>
>>35440265
Why the fuck are you wearing knee sleeves for deadlifts
>>
Yup, you're too fat to deadlift. I bet you regret spending $280 for Adipowers and a pair or Rehbands now, don't you?

Man up and stop looking for excuses.
>>
>>35440265
I was wearing chucks for the DLs.. will try those stretches
>>35440285
Just finished squats, no point taking them off just for DLs when I would just put them on again for OHPs

>>35440298
Not much of a dent in the wallet m8. Will put more use on them in the future when I'm not as much of a fatty.
>>
>>35438038
CUTTING 1xF
>>
>>35437961
there is no alternative to the deadlift
the deadlift is the only fullbody compound
it is fucking king
you can look at curlbros and squatfags and instantly see the lack of a balanced core and spinal erectors in people that should have them
the solution is to lose weight and to let the best exercise known to man back into your life
>>
>>35441165
this lol
fork putdowns xF
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.