[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be a good routine involving only the Olympic lifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: lidia-valentin.jpg (49 KB, 604x396) Image search: [Google]
lidia-valentin.jpg
49 KB, 604x396
What would be a good routine involving only the Olympic lifts + calisthenics?
>>
Bump, happy new year guys
>>
>>35435431
>good routine
>only oly and calisthenics

pick one, NYR fag
>>
>>35435431
Sounds to me like you want to do crossfit.
You're not some kind of fag, are you?
>>
>>35436527
Why not both? I'm not a NYR fag if I was I would be asking about a brosplit
>>
>>35436546
Let's keep crossfit on reddit. I'm asking for something like 8x2 C&J, 3x5 High Bar Back Squat, Chin Ups and Dips. Some shit like that, I like weighted compound movements but I also like the feel of conquering my own body.
>>
>>35436568
That sounds entirely more reasonable than 'only the Olympic lifts + calisthenics'.
I'd add weight to dips and chins tho
>>
>>35436588
Yes, thanks man, I plan on doing the body movements weighted, got any routines for this?
>>
What about this?

A
8x2 C&J
3x5 High Bar Back Squat
3xF Weighted Chin Ups superset with Weighted Dips (tip)
4xF Leg Raises superset with Weighted Neck Flexions (for MMA)

B
8x2 Snatch
3x5 Front Squat
3xF Pull Ups superset with Weighted Dips
4xF abs and neck again

Should I include deadlifts or bench press?
>>
>>35435431
Do ss and add dips and pull ups as calistenics
>>
>>35436568
go to /asp the bodyweight general there should have a beginner and intermediate routine that incorporates bodyweight movements into weightlifting
>>
Just add a shitton of pullups/ chinups and dips to your WL roputine and you are good to go.
>>
>>35435431
fucckkkk, bump this
>>
>>35436733
definitely add ohp, DLs can never hurt
>>
>>35435431
You should seriously look into doing the bodyweight variation of 5/3/1 and use the Olympic lifts as the main compounds

I have both the books and there's a question and answer part in both where someone asked wendler if it would work with the O lifts. His response was pretty much "I don't do the O lifts but I've heard of people using them with the program and see no reason why it wouldn't work"

Probably look something like this OP

A:
Front Squat 5/3/1
Glute-Ham Raises
Hanging Leg Raises

B:
Snatch 5/3/1
Dips
Pull ups

C:
Back Squat 5/3/1
Back Extensions
Decline Sit ups

D:
Clean + Jerk 5/3/1
Push ups
Chin ups

Happy new year bro
>>
>>35437107
Thanks bro, happy new year
>>
>>35437126
Obviously if you could handle the volume I would throw in some military press, bench press, and deadlifts as those are pretty integral to Olympic lifting. However, if you want to equally focus on just the Olympic lifts and bodyweight movements then that template above should work pretty well.

I wouldn't expect it to get you to advanced weight numbers though...
>>
>>35435431
Nothing. You would be bad at both if you try to go for both.

That said if you're only vanity training then you can try Overcoming Gravity-get the book- combined with 3 days of weightlifting in this scheme:

Snatch Day-Rest-OG day-Rest-Clean and Jerk Day-Rest-Snatch Day

Snatch day doesn't mean you do only snatches but also assitances that would help the snatch itself. Same with C&J day. For OG day the book itself is amazing so just follow it.
>>
>>35437330
>Nothing. You would be bad at both if you try to go for both.
That's not how it works. Weightlifting and calisthenics are similiar enough activities to benefit each other(to a certain degree of course, you can't become elite in both but there are weightlifters who are good at calisthenics).
>>
>>35437330
Not everything is this black and white...

For people that just want to become semi proficient in Olympic lifting you absolutely can train bodyweight movements in conjunction and make progress in both.

I remember reading in an interview with Glenn pendlay once that unless you are going to compete or dedicate 100% of your training time to Olympic lifting there is no practical purpose to trying to achieve over a bodyweight snatch.
>>
>>35436733
So how would you guys change this?
>>
Get a coach. Choose one of the Catalyst Athletics programs.

If you want to get better at weightlifting you need lots of specific accessory work
>>
>>35438990
I have no access to a coach or a weightlifting team. I want to be good at all aspects of fitness: endurance, power, strength, flexibility, agility, speed, balance, coordination...

I don't want to sound nerdy but yeah, I wanna kinda be like Batman, hence becoming a Jack of All Trades.
>>
>>35439971
did you go to /asp and look for that thread? The program combines the big compound lifts of weightlifting with exercises that have no equivalence in weightlifting(straight arm work:planche, levers). just ask for whatever you need there and they will respond, I will ask for the actual program right now since I see it has not been posted yet
>>
>>35440119
Thanks bro
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.