[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overweight Roomate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Okay /fit/ this is my first post, pic related: The women is about the same size as my roommate.
I am currently attending College & I have a roommate about this size.
She is actually a sweetheart, everyone genuinely has a good time being around her, has never made excuses for her body size, fun to party she can drink us all under the table. etc. (Understands drinking isn't helping)
On a few occasions when it's just her & I (I frequent the local gym & sauna on a regular basis) she has mentioned she would love to lose the weight/ attend the gym with me.
She is over 250 pounds.
If I began to dedicate time to bringing her with me how long would it take to lose the weight?
What would be the best exercise for me to recommend to start?
If at all possible could I get a timeline for her?
>>
3 - 4 years to get fit. It takes time most people will give up or revert.

Friends with a girl who was that size. Took 2 years before she dieted hard. On her 3 year now and she is down like 40 lbs or so. Just put her on a low dose clen as well.

First year was just lifting
Then I added cardio
Then diet
Now supps.

It isn't an easy battle. I had to break her many times cause fat people are usually all self liars...they like to claim they are doin more than they did.
>>
^ Oh yea self liars.

We only have five months left with one another what can I hope to achieve in that time?

I really just want to get her mentality/ motivation in shape to continue more than anything.
>>
Replace *I with **We
lol gotta realize this isn't about me my bad haha
>>
>>35434215
>All that airbrush
>>
lol the standard for modeling does not change between size, just the amount of work.
>>
>>35434465
5 month on diet and cardio will give the best results. It's not enough time for the gym. Make her your running bro>>35434594
>>
Thank you, I thought running was the best option also.
I honestly do not know any of what I should about dieting as my body type is the smallest I believe Endomorph so I try to eat as much as I can.
>>
>>35434215
>If I began to dedicate time to bringing her with me how long would it take to lose the weight?

If she tracks her calories, she'll straight losing weight day #1

>What would be the best exercise for me to recommend to start?

Cardio. Keep it simple, if she responds well to her diet/cardio, maybe throw in some resistance training.

>If at all possible could I get a timeline for her?

That's a very subjective question. How tall is she? What caloric deficit will she try? 250, 500 or 1k?
>>
>>35434454
Get her into eating healthy and some form of activity she enjoys. But most of all healthy eating will change her life the most. Both in looks and thereby self image, but also from how good you feel eating real food and not processed crap.

In short, focus on diet.
>>
>>35434215
The single biggest hurdle to losing weight is diet. Teach her what's healthy to eat and stress the importance of portion control. As far as exercise she'll see good results from HIIT cardio in the morning on week days and from doing stronglifts three days a week.

Source: Former fatfuck here, that's basically what I did and I went from 5'11 260 pds to 180 pounds in just under a year.

The main thing is I eat a lot of lean meats (fish especially) dark green vegetables and the only carbs I eat are oatz, quinoa, and legumes.

Does she drink soda? Simply dropping soda helps way more than you'd think.

Just keep in mind it's highly unlikely she'll actually lose the weight once she realizes it requires effort and a lifestyle change.
>>
File: mountain climbing.jpg (185 KB, 525x881) Image search: [Google]
mountain climbing.jpg
185 KB, 525x881
>>35434215
>If I began to dedicate time to bringing her with me

She'll take it as a slight and resent you for it.
No matter how nice you are about it.
You see, when people say these types of things:
>"Oh it would by nice to [x], at some point in the future..."
>"I'd love to try [x] activity with you anon.."
They are just making conversation. They dont actually plan to take you up on it. Especially if shes as polite a girl as you make her out to be.
She might also just be making a token gesture because she finds you attractive and wants to present the illusion of engaging with you.

You'll end up with a heiferlump like this one attached to you. And youll have wasted tons of time you coulda used to make gains dragging her out of her latent psychoses.

Dont do this.
If she was actually serious, she would have showed up to your gym on her own.
>>
>>35434800
If she tries to run at that size she'll hurt herself. She needs to control her diet first. You can't outrun your fork.
>>
>>35435760
>fit-thick

This is what your fucking high-test meme has done, brehs.
>>
>>35435760
I hate that shit so I often pretend like I didn't know they were being polite. The other day a girl was like "we should go to the gym together, I can bring guests," so I get her number and then actually hit her up for the gym.
Needless to say she didn't follow through
>>
>>35435760
big boobs? spaniel's ears more like it

fucking disillusion fat pigs, without the photos she's list herself as "a few extra pounds".
>>
>>35435810
I knew someone like this, all good intentions but when it came to it they had more excuses than courses. Trying to impress you but to fat and lazy to do anything about it
>>
>>35435791
>implying that the rest of the world knows what high test is

Or maybe this is because there are plenty of guys who have been willing to stick their dick in something wet since the beginning of time
>>
>>35434215

OP, I'm housemates with three girls (well, one just left, but the past year this was true) all of whom are overweight to some degree. One is a little plump, the other two are significantly bigger than the girl in your photo.

(For reference; I used to be skinny fat, I'm now DYEL by fits standards, but healthy by wider society and I'm fine with that as it's a big step from where I was)

At various times, all of them said similar things to me. All three are case studies in the different way that this can go down.

Big Girl 1: Mentioned it, did her own thing, decided she was happy, got a boyfriend, never complained, we're chill. She doesn't pretend she's not fat, but she's happy.

Big Girl 2: use to do gymnastics. Surprisingly flexible. Fucking moaned about everything. used to come to the gym occasionally, do calithetic type stuff then follow it up with a cookie. Ate nothing but greased shit and then held court on what I ate (vegetables, salad, cottage cheese, shakes) as being unhealthy. Wouldn't take advice, had no real interest in changing, liked to complain about it. Used to try to make fun of me for actually going to the gym regularly.

Plump Girl: Goes on and off from the gym. Cards mainly, started doing a bit of weights when I suggested it. Pays attention to what she eats, but knows that it's her own actions which hold her back from anything more. Has lost some weight, is healthier.

TLDR: Offer some advice, encourage her if she takes it, leave off if she doesn't as she'll just use you as an excuse if you in any way pester her about it.
>>
Get her onto DNP brah
>>
File: 1450487356870.gif (1000 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1450487356870.gif
1000 KB, 500x335
>>35434215

http://pastebin.com/B23qymQr

: ^)
>>
File: 1438437163308.jpg (219 KB, 908x811) Image search: [Google]
1438437163308.jpg
219 KB, 908x811
>>35435760

>reddit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.