[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no friends who will go to gym with me How do I handle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: LOLZ.jpg (6 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
LOLZ.jpg
6 KB, 306x165
>tfw no friends who will go to gym with me

How do I handle the bench press, squat rack, etc all by myself? Is this even possible? Anyone else go to the gym a lone?

>tfw
>>
>>35431861
I have these feels too. My best friend goes to a different gym. I'm thinking about switching gyms so we can lift together. Lifting alone is sad, bro.
>>
>>35431861

People have lifted far more weight training alone than you will hit in the next ten years.

Yes, its entirely possible.
>>
>tfw solo master race

If I need spots I ask a random person from around me.

People who talk in the gym just waste time. Gym is not a place to socialize
>>
Thnx bras
>>
If you feel like you may fail the next rep, don't fucking do it
Problem solved

I only ask for a spotter when I'm trying for a 1RM
>>
lol, you'll know when the weights too heavy, you'll be fine
>>
>tfw no qt gym bro to spot me
>>
desu i fucking hate bringing someone along to the gym with me. then i have to bullshit with them and take longer rests and waste more time.

even worse if it's somebody's first time and they "want some pointers"
>>
I have friends, but i always train alone. its better like this op, training partners are often a distraction
>>
>>35431861
You answered your own question. Squat rack. Just use the safety pins and you can go as heavy as you need to
>>
>>35431861
There is one guy at my gym i swear he only goes there to talk to people. He is skinny fat and i never see him actually doing anything.
As for bench use dumbells.
>>
no one comes to the gym with me because i lift way more than them. just barely hit 1000 on my total and still dyel as heck.
>>
I always go to the gym solo, but sometimes I will lift with a guy if he is there too. We don't know each other's names, but his presence allows me to dead lift heavier. I think it's because I'm not worried about my form when he's there because he's a doctor and can lift heavier than me. He tells me when my form is starting to go bad.
>>
>>35431861
Never had a lifting buddy. I have no friends.
Must feel nice to have someone there for you that got's your back. I've been lifting alone since I started.
>>
Most of my friends are gym freaks now. I never really gave a shit but I ended up starting a few weeks ago just so they'd shut up about it. I dunno why you'd want to go to the gym with friends for something other than spotting.

Mr.Skeletal question but I've been doing about 60-75 push ups after my basic routine and my arms are really starting to hurt bad. Do I take a break (I go 7 days a week) or just muscle through it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.