[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTTDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x686
I'll kick things off. Can you workout twice a day?

Also, how to achieve build in picture shown?
>>
theres already one of these threads up
>>
File: 1445030846894.gif (545 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1445030846894.gif
545 KB, 400x600
>>35429996
did they shop that guys head onto a body
>>
>>35429996
working out twice a day is not just a meme. It works.
>>
What can I do help heal a slight shoulder injury? I've let it rest for over a week now. Should I be stretching it too? How often?
>>
>>35430405
depends on the injury. You may need surgery.
torn rotator cuff?
>>
>>35430405
just do have reps on all your upper body movements for a month, if it hurts stop. Stretch and do mobility exercises twice a day for that month too.

it fucking blows but this is the only way to get better fast. If you miss a day of stretching you clearly dont care about getting better.
>>
let the other thread die first please
>>
>>35430560
No.
Doing leg helps with upper gains.
>always do legs 2x a week minimum
>>
>>35429996
tren
>>
>>35430781
16 pounds
Amazon carries them
>>
>>35430781
10-15 pounds
>>
Can you make progress on your DL if you only work it once a week? Obviously you can probably get to 3pl8 like this but past that?
>>
>>35430781
use dumbbells, these arent good for anything
>>
>>35429996
I hurt my back recently, its better than it was but moving too much aggravates it, so I can't lift until its better...
I'm worried over losing my progress/gains. How quickly do they go?
5 months lifting here, using dumbbells only at home. Dumbbells are at roughly 18kg, to be increased when I can do 3x8 of all my exercises with them
>>
>>35430781
more than likely 15 or 25lbs

>grab scale
>weigh self
>get off scale
>grab bar
>get back on scale
>subtract.
>>
>>35430801
>>35430803
I was hoping it was a bit heavier, fug. thanks, time to learn how to use it
>>
Anyone try armistane straight up and not just as a PCT? Thoughts?
>>
>>35430825
scale says 20lbs i didnt even think of doing that thanks
>>
>>35430820
doing dead lifts? sounds like a herniated disc. Will take at least 4 month to recover.
Best bet is just do cardio and maybe some cables until no more pain.
>>
guys there's already another one up.

Christ, search the catalog before posting one.

>>35427537
>>
>>35430872
No, doing squats. I should have been more specific, sorry
>>
>>35429996
>Can you workout twice a day?
Yes, yes I can.
>>
>>35430952
yea, that sucks senpai. Will just have to work around it.
>>
>>35429996
I used to train with an olympic short distance runner. He trained at least twice a day 5 to 6 days a week.
>>
Whats with the sudden rise of these stupid fucking questions. Did /fit/ get taken over my actual retards?
>>
File: 2lxhebC.jpg (677 KB, 1838x3264) Image search: [Google]
2lxhebC.jpg
677 KB, 1838x3264
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/3yqxg7/12mths_progress_before_after_pics_full_details/

redditor claiming natty, is he lying fucker
>>
>>35431163
>r/fitness

Well theres your problem
>>
>>35431163
mirin core and lats evolution.

But 12 months? I'd say it depends on his past fitness experience, level of dediaction, etc.

But natty is plausible
>>
>>35431163
dudes old as fuck, probably on TRT or some old guy shit
>>
>>35431189
at 62 years old?
>>
eat clen tren hard op, and with a little photoshop you too can achieve that body
>>
>>35430815

I got to 455 deadlifting once a week, one set of 5
>>
>>35431190
yeah, old guy shit
>>
>>35431192
like I said, seeing his before pics, it's obvious he played sports/workedout for quite some time. I mean, for a 61 years old, his before pic is pretty impressive. It's all about of dedicated he was to his one year transformation imo (counting macros, having a non-retarded routine/adequate periodization, high level of motivation)

Who knows desu, and who can know? Unless somebody is willing to go through this old man's trash can, the question is moot.

Take a look at your own shit and fix what's lacking instead of looking for demons on the internet
>>
my back is sore in this area and it aches when I walk. It's gotten better over the last few days but it's irritating me.

Pretty sure it's from bad form either from deadlift or military press.
>>
>>35432003
How is your shoulder mobility?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg

My question:
I did RDL's for the first time the other day and did a PR on my squat. My legs were tingly for a few days after. This is major muscle growth, right guys? R-r-right?
>>
>>35431163
>Old man gets buff

Of course he's on something retard.
>>
when is it a good time to start using a belt for squats/deads? i ask because i've been stalling at squats 295x5 for a while now and i figure now's a good time to get that extra tightness
>>
>>35427537

Hey fags, there is already a QTDDTOT thread up!
>>
>>35432003
your left glute and hamstring are weak compared to your right ones so your left spinal erector is compensating beyond its ability
>>
>>35430815
sheiko has me deadlifting once a week. i max at 5pl8 at 89kg bw
>>
>>35431163
half of those gains were already there under the fat in the before pick
the after pick also has VERY generous lighting compared to the first
this is entirely possible to do natty
>>
>>35432387
generally, you should avoid using your belt. if you are stalling, then you need to change your frequency and work load, and add variation
>>
File: 1382616877671.jpg (69 KB, 1000x882) Image search: [Google]
1382616877671.jpg
69 KB, 1000x882
>>
>>35431163
Those are 11" biceps in both & after. Of course its natty.
>>
When deadlifting, how much (if any) lower back rounding is acceptable? Should I be staying at a certain weight until I can do it without *any* rounding before progressing?

I'm quite paranoid about hurting myself, so I've been very cautious with how much weight I'm lifting, I feel kind of stupid doing baby weight compared to others in the gym.
>>
Recently my right shoulder area started hurting after doing pull-ups, what can be the cause of this? its just fucking pull-ups...
>>
How do I progress on shit like front and lateral raises with dumbbells?

I will do one weight easily for 3x8 then I try to move up 5lbs and can never even lift it for one rep. Am I making any progress by lifting the heavier weight half way and holding it?
>>
>>35433637

Lower back rounding is never good. Upper back rounding is another story. Lots of elite lifters use round backs which improves leverage during the bottom of the lift. Makes lockout a bitch though
>>
>>35429996
You can. But as a Natty it won't do shit for you except ruin your joints.
>>
>>35430055
What?
>>
If all I have is dumbells how often and which excersises should i do with them? I'm a skelly btw
>>
Has anyone here ever had sciatic nerve pain? It's shooting pulsing sharp pain that travels from below my ass down my hams and to my calves occasionally. It's not too bad but I can't lift because I make it worse, and rest does nothing.

Is it literally a "trapped" nerve or is that a name for something else? And how do I fix it? What exercises should I avoid?
>>
>>35432222
QUADS

Honestly, thanks for posting that video. It's longwinded, but I've been meaning to check out shoulder stretches for a couple of days now.
>>
>>35433877
Wrong form, overloaded, too tight, etc.

I usually do pull ups with the head under the bar (basically touching the bar with my neck). Every rest day I do stretching
>>
How do I get below 10% bodyfat? Do I have to carb cycle? Or is a normal diet with deficit enough? As well as training harder
>>
>>35434157
I had that and it always got worse, especially after squats but after about a month of steadily working out it stopped.
>>
>>35434275
So you just carried on working through the pain?

It doesn't hurt when I move anymore, it's just random pulsating pain. I could work through it but I'm terrified I'll make it much worse and have to take more time off lifting.

What did your pain feel like?
>>
>>35434251
Small deficit. Carb cycling can help
>>
How do I increase my grip strength? I'm already struggling keeping the bar in my hands deadlifiting just over lmao1pl8.

Also, at what kind of 1rms might a 5'7" midget look like he has actually lifted a weight once in his life?
>>
>>35429996
On roids and on roids
>>
>>35435258
Hanging from bar for as long as you can
Wrist roller
Hand gripper
Farmer walks
Go shopping with your mom and carry her bags
>>
>>35431163
Pic 1: That before is just about the least flattering photo you could take of the guy. Shoulders pulled back, taken from below so his shoulders look narrow compared to hips.

Pic 2: His arms are still not particularly big and his pose emphasizes shoulders and lats very well. Higher contrast lighting to top it off.

Is he natty? If he were young I'd say of course. Since he's old it is possible he's on TRT, not all guys over 40 can maintain that much muscle at low bf.
>>
>>35434058
anyone?
>>
File: orc monk.png (835 KB, 639x859) Image search: [Google]
orc monk.png
835 KB, 639x859
>>35429996
Is "Built Like A Badass" any good? I'm a relatively new guy to lifting (only about 4 months) but desu it looks more fun than Texas or SS.
>>
>>35430393
how often do you do it tho? I mean, if you're natty
>>
>>35438004
Do more volume. Or, better, just do some fucking overhead presses or push presses or gorilla presses. The fuck you think you're going to do big weights on single joint exercises?
>>
>>35438086
It's fine, but it's an advanced program. Too much rest on rest days and too much volume on volume days for noobs.
>>
>>35438837
Every day. Think of it more as long rest periods between sets.
>>
>>35438867
not him, but which intermediate workout do you recommend from the sticky?
>>
>>35434348
Introduce your piriformis to a tennis ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dimfNtsN7I
>>
are squats that big of a deal or they can be replaced by leg press?
>>
Will I get fucked up if I never do any stretching? I'm a beginner and it's already complex, senpai. Should I spend my time researching mobility or stretching or will it be fine if I won't stretch for now
>>
>>35438917
Starr 5x5 and Texas Method are intermediate programs. You'll progress week to week on those.

5/3/1 and Built Like a Bad Ass are actually advanced programs. You'll progress month to month on those.

>>35438935
Maybe. Some people need a lot of stretching, some people don't need any. I need to spend a half hour a day stretching to get into the bottom of a squat. My girlfriend can bend in half and touch her toes cold.

>>35438928
You can, but you're better off squatting if you can. Squats are a more natural movement.
>>
Talk me out of taking trt. I feel like it would make my life so much better
>>
>>35434147
3x a week do some overhead presses, rows, squats, deadlifts, etc. most importantly: eat. make sure you're getting a 250-500 kcal surplus per day. you'll know that you are if you're gaining ~1 lb per week.
>>
>>35439001
How old are you and what are your hormone levels?
>>
>>35439042
20 yrs old, no idea for my levels. I'm a serious autist (Enough to be considered disabled) and I have pretty much all the symptoms of low test
>>
>>35439067
20 isn't too young, but if you're not willing to get a hormone panel and learn how to interpret it, much less see a doctor and discuss your concerns, you're not ready for it.
>>
>>35439103
I can get that done. I'm just starting my research on the subject. I could probably go see a private doctor and ask them to do it without much hassle, I doubt public doctors would be willing to help me with that (They'd rather I go on a shitload of meds like anti-depressants, it's what always happen whenever I have a concern with anything)
>>
>>35439135

I'd rather go on TRT than anti-depressants, to be honest. Much safer. Look at the US and all the mass shootings by people who have gone off SSRIs.

Are you in the UK? Or, is self-treatment/possession legal where you are?
>>
>>35439187
I'm thinking the same. I've had enough of their bullshit meds. Since I started taking them I've lost all libido and I struggle to even get hard for more than 2 minutes, which shouldn't be the case at only 20. I don't smoke or drink so I should be relatively healthy. I'm in canada so I don't know if it's available here, gonna research that all evening most likely. I'm glad someone agrees with my thinking
>>
>>35438991
thanks mate
>>
How much alcohol do you need to drink to damage your performance the next day? I've only ever had like, four beers in a night before. How much can I have tonight and still expect to have a good workout tomorrow? I'm 185
>>
>>35439230
Alcohol relaxes you, which makes it a performance enhancing drug. You're going to need to drink enough to overdose and end up in a coma to have a bad workout. Being hung over and puking your guts out between squat PRs is something every man should experience once in his life.
>>
>>35429996
his pencil neck makes it look like his head was photoshoped to this body, it kills everything when he is in clothes
>>
File: vroom vroom.jpg (9 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
vroom vroom.jpg
9 KB, 300x242
do these work or are they a meme
>>
>>35440498
Both. They're a good exercise, but you don't need the wheel. Just do walkouts.
>>
>>35440498
They are great, but just learn how to use them properly.
You can get a good wheel for like $10 as well.
Check out scoobs video on them.
>>
>>35440498
Best abs exercise by far
>>
Will eating a 6 ounce steak each day actually give me heart disease or something else bad while i'm in my 20s, or am i not aware of some dank meme?
>>
>>35441137
>Will eating a 6 ounce steak each day actually give me heart disease or something else bad while i'm in my 20s, or am i not aware of some dank meme?
eating meat EVERY DAY will probably giving digestion issues but it wont kill you

unless its country fried or other fatty shit
>>
>>35441158
I eat lean meat like chicken and fish everyday, how screwed am I?
>>
>>35429996
ofc you can work out twice a day
i work out all day almost every day with extremely low weights at work, literally perfect squat form, then i go home and bust out 50 comfy reps of all my compounds
i do this every night and have been increasing my weights by 1 kg a week for a year at 1/2/3/4
it's about endurance and training though
you can't do that shit at the very start if you have untrained muscle groups
you can't bust out a 3x8 or a 5x5 serious program twice a day, if you can, you aren't lifting heavy enough or you have fucking god tier all fast twitch muscle fibers and great fucking kesth
>>
>>35441175
Not screwed at all but say goodbye to your gains and hello to mercury poisoning
>>
File: 1450626310350.gif (1 MB, 395x222) Image search: [Google]
1450626310350.gif
1 MB, 395x222
what should I do if I see stars after every set of every lift (except bench)? This hasn't happened much before my 2 month break. I was lifting heavier without any problems before my 2 month break and I'm sure my doctor will say stop lifting or some shit like a faggot.

also, I'm doing SL.
>>
>>35441191
I know about that, I eat it twice a week at most. But chicken I eat at least 5 days a week
>>
How does my routine look?

3 days a week

A:
High bar squats 3x5
Dips 3x5
Chin ups 3x5
Romanian deadlifts 3x8

B
High bar squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
>>
I've been counting macros for about a month now and it sucks. I spend I majority of my day counting and weighting shit and it's seriously starting to take away from my life. It seems like before when I was just eating clean I was happier, had much more free time, and noticed about the same in terms of weight loss. So is counting my macros and calories really worth it?
>>
>>35441425
You don't need to. Just make sure you are eating enough protein. The rest can be eyeballed.
>>
>>35441422
Weird, and you don't seem to hit chest at all.
Just stick with the proven novice programs.

>>35441425
If it bothers you that much, you don't have to do it.
It takes me no time at all to measure and count what I eat, even without an app like MyFitnessPal. It takes a bit longer if I'm cooking a soup or something where there are a lot of ingredients though, if I make more than a days worth.

Some people find it's a hassle, some people don't mind, and some people do guesswork.
Do what you want to do.
>>
>>35441477
The dips i find hit my chest well. Cant do bench or any chest press machine because it fucks with my shoulder. Already injured my shoulder once because of it and had to take 2 months off lifting to recover.
>>
What should my RDL look like compared to my conventional deadlift? Should I be aiming for same weight, lighter/heavier?
>>
>>35441503
Try reverse grip bench press, floor pressing and pushups.

Also check out Allan Thral's shoulder video.
>>
File: 1445057062196.png (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445057062196.png
10 KB, 400x400
>>35441514
Also, RDL's make my whole legs tingle. It's not pins and needles, just tingly. What's up with this?
>>
>>35429996
Yep. Keep the intensity moderate, eat enough, and rest a good few hours in-between workouts.

>>35430405
Some external rotation exercises a few times a week with weight that's <10 lbs. Don't sleep on the side with the messed up shoulder and sleep with a pillow under your arm. Shoulder dislocations with a broom handle (or whatever) once you can do external rotations with 10 lbs. Stretch your chest, too.

>>35430815
Yes.

>>35434058
You aren't supposed to do laterals and front raises with heavy weight. Lightish weight, high rep, and proper isolation of the muscle is how you get 3D delts.

>>35440498
They work, but you can just use your bodyweight.

>>35441514
Lighter. Your lumbar spine would not appreciate you using the same weight.
>>
>>35441581
>Lighter. Your lumbar spine would not appreciate you using the same weight.
Thanks m8. A lot lighter or just a bit?

Also, how bad is it if I don't keep the bar close to my legs raising/lowering it?
>>
>>35441216
>>35441216
Breathe, you fucking retard.

You're probably stimulating your vagus nerve because you're literally trying to shit out your intestines when you squat. You need to exhale a liiiiittle bit of air to keep your intrathoracic pressure down, pursed lips and let the pressure push air out.

Also you sound like a super noob, your body adapts to it.
>>
File: waifu marg.png (117 KB, 267x325) Image search: [Google]
waifu marg.png
117 KB, 267x325
>>35441503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
>>
>>35442022
>You're probably stimulating your vagus nerve because you're literally trying to shit out your intestines when you squat. You need to exhale a liiiiittle bit of air to keep your intrathoracic pressure down, pursed lips and let the pressure push air out.

perhaps. I thought I was just engaging my core
>>
>>35442132
I love you stay safe my child
>>
File: 782.jpg (30 KB, 275x198) Image search: [Google]
782.jpg
30 KB, 275x198
i bought fat calipers to measure my body fat percent and I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. is there a good go to video to get this shit down properly?
>>
>>35442562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPy-D9LZQqM
>>
>>35442595
tanks bruh
>>
So decided to get back into training after 6 months of not caring anymore. I cannot afford or have the time for the gym or buying weights.

Been watching lots of youtube videos like Athlean-X stuff and got loads of ideas of what to do, my question though is how much? Do I;

3x12 a range of exercises?
To exhaustion the whole range of exercises?
45 mins of as many different exercises as possible?

Like theres 8 different variations on the pull up, 9 on the press up etc, do I just pick a couple from each and do those or do I just do as much of everything as possible until I pass out in a pile of sweat and vomit?
>>
>>35442732
>>>/asp/848098
>>
>>35442752
thanks
>>
>>35429996
Im 225lb 8% bf 6'1
>>
How quick do lost gains come back? Say you took off 2 months, how fast to get everything back assuming diet and exercise is perfect?
>>
Fuck brehs. I've really done it.

Didn't do my stretches today, I read somewhere that doing stretches before Overhead Press can cause problems, and I thought perhaps that I should try working out without stretching today.

How fucking wrong I was.

Got to my squat, I wear a belt, thought I might have put it too high, I got to the 3rd rep, and felt this immediate pain which winded me.

It's in my back, toward the left, it feels sharp occassionally, I pulled the fuck out of it.

Anybody had this experience? If so, course of action?
>>
>>35443393
ice + rest

I did that too some time ago. Don't work through it the pain just DON'T because I did and what should have healed in a week took 6 weeks.
>>
>>35443465
Alright man, thanks. I'm heating it overnight to relax it, Icing it when it's sore. Cheers!
>>
>>35431163
I'm going to keep this short and sweet.
The Natty PoliceTM are not welcome in /r/Fitness[1] .
The constant derailment of any semi-decent progress thread by people that only want to bicker over things they can't possibly know is inane, tired, boring, and stupid.
If you think you can determine whether a person is on steroids from a couple of pictures, then get yourself to the IOC because you've cracked a code they cannot. In the meantime, take your crap elsewhere because we don't want it here.
To be clear, you may ask a person if they use PEDs. They are free to answer. They are also free to not answer. You are not free to call them a liar or argue the point. At least not in this sub.
Do you want to argue against this policy for the greater good? That's fine, get it out of your system. Just don't expect to change our minds.
Does this policy offend you? That's fine, go somewhere else. That's the whole point of this anyway.
I'll be adding this post to our first rule[2] , so it will be more visible (ha) in the future.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

This was written by a real person. Faggots like this actually roam this Earth

why live anons?
>>
>>35431163
>redditor claiming natty, is he lying fucker
anon its just creatine chill with your obvious roid rage
>>
What's a good intermediate routine where it's easy to do cardio on rest days (basketball practice 2 times a week)?
>>
>>35443548

WS4SB.
>>
>>35443500
as far as I know you have to ice it first. don't heat it, it'll just increase the swelling.

heat it after a week or something when it's healing. it's ice first.
>>
File: jordan-carver-yoga_02.jpg (92 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
jordan-carver-yoga_02.jpg
92 KB, 900x600
Are BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) any good or is it just a sales gimmick?
>>
File: 3jFMAN6.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
3jFMAN6.gif
2 MB, 400x350
I eat 6 eggs for breakfast everyday, is it bad ?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 714x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 714x249
Since I've started my bulk almost 2 months ago, I've come to motice that most of my fat is being stored in my belly.

Like, I can't really see the fat being divided in other places, like my legs, arms etc. Is this a problem? Will all be good as soon as I start cutting?

5'10, from around 158 to 176lbs in two months so far.
>>
>>35443682
Nope, it's great.
>>
>>35443721
This is why dirty bulking is bad
>>
I have this pain in my triceps (near the elbow) that I think I got after a bad set of bench pressing, therefore I can't bench or OHP. What should I do about it ? stretch or something ?
>>
Is there a good oly lifting routine after you finished doing stronglifts?
>>
>>35443736
Not that dirty at all actually. Eatimg whole foods, aiming for 150g protein a day.
>>
>>35443757
Let it rest
>>
>>35443757
I had the same thing and ignored it, it put me out for 2 months.

rest until its completely gone!
>>
>>35443764
Are you skelly?
>>
>>35443758

Many of them. I think Catalyst put a ton up on their site.

But be warned, you're almost certainly going to suck to start with. And it won't be a quick process to unsucking.
>>
I did some blow last night and drank a metric shitton. No serious hangover though. Am I good to go for training tomorrow? Ie, no health concerns from the coke and rising blood pressure?
>>
>>35443773
I was kind of skelly yes. Now I'm more skinnyfat. Again, only at my belly I've gotten fatter.

I got stronger by the way doing SL5x5.
>>
>>35443784
>coke head that cares about fitness
If you cared about health, you wouldn't use drugs. Get the fuck in there.
>>
Everytime I do bicep curls it seems as though I can only hit my forearms and not my biceps. Any tips?
>>
>>35443807

Stop bending your wrists.
>>
File: 1341586369862.jpg (20 KB, 213x211) Image search: [Google]
1341586369862.jpg
20 KB, 213x211
>>35443801

Doing blow once every 1-2 years doesn't kill you anon. You should try snorting it off a high test girls clit on NYE some time, it's super fun. Have fun jerking yourself righteously off whilst you're wasting time on /fit/ when you probably can't even do 1/2/3/4.
>>
>>35443799
The reason people struggle to get abs is because the bellyfat is the first to come. I think your fat will even out after a little bit.
>>
>>35443807
Make sure your arms are not moving and keep your wrists straight.

You can try to curl with your back and arms resting against a wall.
>>
>>35443850
>putting dangerous, impure illegal chemicals on your most sensitive sex organ
ISHYGDDT. Shit's not regulated at all, you have no idea what's it's cut with.
>>
>>35443910

At best, its a topical anaesthetic. Doesn't make for a fun night afterwards.
>>
>>35443383
bump
>>
What should a warm up before squats/deads look like?

Do I stretch or not? I heard stretching weakens lifts.
>>
>>35429996
No wonder you didn't find the other thread
>QTTDTOT

What does /fit/ put on their bread? Myfitnesspal is telling me 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter has like 50% of my day's fat. Extremely hard to work around that, but I love sandwiches post workout
>>
>>35443990

In two months, you've probably barely lost a thing.
>>
>>35429996
Yes you can, but chances of injury are higher.
I worked out twice a day 6 times a day for about a month but then I injured my shoulder tendon.

Perhaps you can do it more safely if only lifting but in my case it was sports so fuck it.
>>
>>35443996
Light warm up sets to working sets of squats/deads.
Checking flexibility of hip flexors for squats.
Stretching is the opposite of contraction for a muscle. Instead of separating or increasing the distance of your muscle fibers, do warm ups of the same movements you plan on doing heavy sets for.
>>
>>35429996
>Also, how to achieve build in picture shown?
Juice
>>
In a calorie cut, should I try to lift heavyer or should I stay by current level
>>
>>35443997
Don't worry about the fat if you like it.
>>
>>35444052
honestly if you aren't putting weight on the bar each session, you aren't making gains.
Simply put
>>
>>35444090
Yes but there's no point in trying to make muscle gains on a calorie deficit unless he's a noob, now is there?

>>35444052
Try it, see how you go, but I probably wouldn't expect to make any real strength gains until you're eating more again.
>>
>>35444106
muscle gains, not really.
Strength may very well continue during a maintenance or cut to a certain point.
I always recommend IF, but thats just because it works really well for me on cuts where I don't want to lose strength.
>>
>>35444123
do you work out fasted?
>>
How's my routine?

Upper:
3x5 Flat BB bench
3x5 Row
3x5 Seated shoulder press OR 3x8 Incline hammer chest press
3x8 Lat pulldown
3x12 Rope push down
3x12 Dumbell/cable overhead extension

Lower (+bis and traps):
3x5 Squats OR 1x5 deads
4x6 Leg press OR dumbbell lunges
5x12 Seated calf raises
4x12 Shrugs
3x12 Dumbbell/cable curls
3x12 Dumbbell/cable hammer curls
>>
Could someone rate my routine? Just a modified version of SS:
Back Squats 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Dead Lift 1x5
Dips 3x6
Barbell Curls 3x8
Farmer's Walk 3x1
>>
>>35443850
Not lifting doesn't kill you either. People live long and happy lives and never pick up a dumbbell.
>>
I have literally been sitting on the toilet for two hours, i have to shit so bad that ots causing me pain. I een reached into my asshole to try and grab the giant turd but it doesnt appear to jave edges, like my whole lower torso is just a giant turd. It hurts. I tried pooping in the shower because it felt like i might be able to fron a standing position. Didnt work. I took a bunch of laxatives but they say they might take hoirs to take effect. Ive been chugging warm water too. I think i might die. Anyone suggestions? I dontwant to go to the hospital
>>
>>35444218
press your asshole together with your fingers so it kind of cuts the shit in half and makes it easier to shit out

...and that's the fucking weirdest thing I've said on the internet this year.
>>
Is it bad to do cardio (basketball) after lifting?
>>
>>35444218
ROFL!!!!
Thanks for posting this, anon! Holy kek!
>>
>>35444248
Thanks for the tip anon but i found relief just,before your response. I decided to try squatting in the shower like indian people do, i just bounced up and down like that for a few minutes and it started coming. Luckily i hopped back over onto the toiket just as,it ripped my asshole into shreds. A fuckin fist sized turd shot out followed by a real long,thick intestine shaped log. Crazy how fast everythng came out once the mustard plug was pulled. Jesus christ.
>>
>>35444218
>>35444276
my first big laugh of the year, holy shit I can't stop this is fucking hilarious
>>
File: 0101160529.jpg (890 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
0101160529.jpg
890 KB, 2560x1920
This is just the tail end, that was without a doubt one of tje worst two hours of my life
>>
File: kirua.gif (963 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
kirua.gif
963 KB, 500x351
>>35444296
you have cancer sorry
>>
>>35444362
Maybe but this is most definitely the result of two things. I eat almost nothing but meat and i have been drinking theraflu instead of water for a few days so that i can function at work. Apparently theraflu side effect: constipation.
>>
>>35444403
Your diet lacks fiber bro, eat some fruit like banana´s, oranges, pears and/or kiwi´s.
>>
>>35429996
Help pls, i went on vacataion for two weeks with my family and was only able to do 1 and a half week of canditos cycle before leaving do you think I will be fine just starting over from week 1 or do you recommend some sort of recovery work?
>>
>>35444459
You'll be fine
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>35429996

Adi Gillespie, 22, british armed forces- RAF.

roids?
>>
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CZ4ZN0?psc=1

This pullup bar good?
>>
>>35444602
If he were an extreme manlet I'd say natty, but that phone looks awfully tiny in his hands. Probably roids.
>>
How long can I stick with the same routine? Technically if I keep progressing is there a need to change your routine at all? Whether bulking or cutting. This is something I get confused on. I'm new to all this more or less, but I'm thinking ahead.
>>
>>35444602
Even though roids are banned in the Military, people do still take them.

Hell I knew of two guys just in my squadron who took them, one was even my gym bro.

Steroids really do work.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x628
how's my facial aesthetics? i'm the guy on the right
>>
>>35444945
Nice b8 m8
>>
Do BCAAs do anything useful? I heard they might help with soreness after lifting, but is that true? Or are these claims just marketing gimmicks?
>>
>>35444266
bump
>>
>>35444266
>>35445078
It's great. You should do cardio on top of lifting for health, just make sure you eat enough so you don't loose gains.
>>
What's the best bread/bread substitute to eat? As in the one with the least shit macro.
>>
>>35445218
lentils. They're high protein.
>>
>>35441216

where this gif from?
>>
>>35445095
But doing them on the same day won't be bad for recovery?
>>
>>35445363
Yes, but not a lot.
>>
Ok, I need some help as a student.
I have made it my lifestyle to wake up at 6am every day.
i study hard, I want to party hard.
And with party I mean, get to know people and build a new foundation for self-confidence.
My problem is, I have little money.
I hate partying in the late evening till morning, because it hurts me mentally a lot that I can't use the morning for better things and I spend money for walking and dancing tired as my subconsciousness berates me for not sleeping and wasting money and time on shit.
I agree.

Where do I find people who socialize in the early evening and actually know that night is for recovering and rejuvenating?
>>
>>35444919
Bump
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 318x159
>>35445418
>i study hard, I want to party hard.
>>
File: 1446930601749.jpg (52 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1446930601749.jpg
52 KB, 1366x768
I've been going to the gym since september, and I'm happy with the progress I've made so far, but I would like to make bigger gains. I'm going to start SL5x5 with accessory exercises next week.

Would bulking now be a good idea? I'm going to Spain in July and would like to have a decent beach bod at that point. How would I have to bulk?
I'm 18, 6'3 and ~160 pounds.
And how long does cutting take?
Thanks /fit/
>>
>>35431163
Pic 1: No pump
Pic 2: Pump

oh wow I solved it.
>>
>>35445418
>Where do I find people who socialize in the early evening and actually know that night is for recovering and rejuvenating?
Anywhere over the age of 30 usually
>>
I'm not flexible at all, is there any point in trying to do pendlay rows?
>>
>>35445891
Do stretches every day, and you'll become flexible.
>>
>>35445841
that's... actually bad.
>>
>>35445965
Why?
>>
>>35441422
imo replace dips with bench, keep dips as an accessory.

A:
High bar squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chin ups 3x5
Romanian deadlifts 3x8

B
High bar squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips 2x10
>>
>>35445995
I dislike to waste my nights like this.
I am dissatisfied with partying in the evening.
I guess I am not the party owl?
>>
>>35444177
good, implying you actually do all these sets.

how much rest time in between sets? how long for an entire session?
>>
>>35446033
Yes.
>>
>>35446070
So, what is the alternative?
I mean, I like to have fun. But you can also have fun and are social while the sun shines.
Where do these people go?
>>
>>35443682
Eggs are very unhealthy in general high in cholesterol and acidic but they have lots of protein so good for gains.
>>
>>35446114
>Where do these people go?
Out while the sun shines, you idiot.
>>
Can I begin starting strength as a skeleton. Been lifting for 3 months but want to start a program. Just worried as I can hardly bench 30 kg with the bar but I don't want to continue using machines.
>>
>>35446140
i know. I think I make it more complicated than it has any right to be...
>>
>>35446162
pls go
>>
Are sarms bad for you? Someone offered me ostapure today. But theres so little reliable info about it on the internet i dont know.
>>
>>35446114
>I mean, I like to have fun. But you can also have fun and are social while the sun shines.
>Where do these people go?

The unemployment office you bum
>>
>>35446148
Yes, of course it's good. Just fucking do SS and eat if you're really a skelly
>>
File: lower-back-pain-relief.png (274 KB, 680x461) Image search: [Google]
lower-back-pain-relief.png
274 KB, 680x461
I have had this annoying lower back pain for many years. the pain is very mild, a sort of aching discomfort that flares up during prolonged walk, prolonged sitting and even prolonged lying down. it doesn't hurt when I lift, but it does become untolerable when I run. I went to a physio and it didn't help, but at least she tested for hernias and told me I don't have one. what do
>>
I've never curled, but am going to start.

Barbell or Dumbell? What do you prefer and why?
>>
How do I get rid of/deal with /fit/-induced body dismorphia and self-doubt?
>>
>>35446345
lift harder
>>
>doing crunches
>abs cramp up
does anyone else get this?
>>
>>35446216
I get this sometimes as well. Pretty sure I caused mine during squats due to butt wink. Do you squat? Look into your form if so and see if you aren't rounding your back as you go below parallel.
>>
What kind of stats mean its time to move on from SS?
>>
What's a good program for losing weight(on a deficit)? Beginner level please.
>>
Does lower abdominal fat(fat above the penis) lose at a slower rate than, say, belly fat?
>>
>>35430405
99% of the time your shoulder hurts because your posture needs to be fixed before you can lift with proper form.

Otherwise your muscles will overtask single tendons that are being asked to do what a group of tendons can easily do if you had good form...

But dont listen to me, I'm just a doctor.
>>
>>35446375
ah. could be it, although I did take a 1 month break from squats and the discomfort didn't go away.
>>
>>35431163
62 yrs old 5'8... does this apply to you?

No, kiddo, so don't even read (as if you would really read anyway)
>>
I am doing ICF3x5 and a workout usually takes 1 hour and a half. What option do I choose while calculating my TDEE? 1-3 or 3-5 days/week?
>>
>>35446723
Any program. And do cardio
>>
>>35446724
Anyone??
>>
>>35446978
idiot
>>
How do I foam roll my lower back and shoulders? How often should I foam roll?
>>
>>35446724
1.) You can't really target fat loss. Your body just loses body fat where it wants to.
2.) Your lower abdomen will tend to to store more fat because it is a larger area to store fat. It may take longer to notice fat loss in that area because there is usually more fat there to lose.
3.) Losing fat takes time.
>>
>>35447018
For lower back, you just roll across your lower back. Back and forth. You can lean to one side or the other if you like to isolate one side.

For your shoulders, I'm assuming you mean your rear delts, traps, upper back, and neck areas. Hitting your front delts will be difficult. you can adjust what areas are getting "rolled" by moving your arms in different configurations. For example, while rolling, hold your arms forward like you were a zombie, then out to the side as if you were a T, and then straight overhead like you were Superman flying. I especially like to wrap my arms around my chest as if I were hugging myself while rolling across my mid and upper back. It opens up the scapula a bit and feels really good.
>>
>>35447164
I'll try that thanks for the advice anon!
>>
>>35446617
I changed when I squat 265 for 3x5 @ 195bw because I didn't feel like doing that again each day I lifted. But in general, you should only consider changing or altering your programming when you aren't making gains anymore. If you are getting stronger, keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>35447006
Eat shit.

>>35447102
I'm not talking about spot reducing. I meant while you're lowering your overall bf, is that usually the last area men tend to lose weight after love handles. I should have been more clearm
>>
>>35447274
No u
>>
When I deadlift, I keep hitting my balls as I go up and can't fully rise without it being really uncomfortable. How fix?
>>
>be drunk at friend's coming home (navy)/ NYE party
>be drunk off beer and a couple of shots of jim beam
>girl sits next to me
>talks to me and rests her head on my shoulder
>has to go but grabs my number
Was she into me? Did I mess up by giving her my number and not getting hers?
She said she had to be on a plane in the morning and hasn't texted me yet
>>
>>35446367
Yes...are you dehydrated and have low potassium?
>>
Has anyone done a successful cocoon mode for the winter. Like shut out friends and other things. For the most part I can still hang with friend if I have adequate prep for meals and such. What are the pros and cons? I'd like opinions from someone that's actually done it but opinions in general are appreciated too. I'm kinda mad at my friends for cock blocking me NYE and considering cocooning for awhile
>>
File: backpained areas.jpg (69 KB, 400x424) Image search: [Google]
backpained areas.jpg
69 KB, 400x424
How can I tell if I have bad form or not while in mid rep?
I want to be able to know if I'm in position. I'm a visual learner, and don't learn from people talking.

Also, I've had aggravations in my left shoulder around my delt area, some burning pain in the left side of my neck (I think from faulty standing press form), and some back pain from what I believe to be my squat form.

Also, I'm on the verge of giving up, so how can I remotivate myself? I'm lifting to feel better about myself, but I've been injuring myself from my shit form and have even felt more depressed after a workout than before.
What gives?
>>
how can vegans/vegetarians or even by extension asians be skelly mode when the most satiating parts of their diets are breads, pastas and rice? Are you telling me that I have to exercise to be skinny when I can just eat meat and sit on my ass?
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 750x1334
Does my form at the bottom of my squat look ok?
>>
>>35431190
lol this.

And if he lived a smart life and was able to retire then he can spend as much time training as possible just like actors.
>>
>>35441216
I don't know the answer to your question but as a side note I actually asked one of my neuro lecturers what this was. The phenomenon of seeing 'stars' are cells in your occipital (visual) cortex dying due to lack of oxygen. If I had to hazard a guess, it would be a combination of extreme exertion, lack of oxygen and maybe low blood pressure? Maybe have a chat to your doctor, they might tell you to stop lifting so heavy, which you can choose to ignore if you want, but they might give you some useful information or pick up on a larger issue. At worst you might burn some cash, but you stand to gain more than you can lose.
>>
>>35445218
Seeded bread, usually.
Take a look the ones that you can get around you, a local brand has 4g protons and 40cal per slice.
>>
>>35450734
Perfect.
>>
File: 1438467713781.jpg (2 MB, 2560x3647) Image search: [Google]
1438467713781.jpg
2 MB, 2560x3647
DIM is a rather good estrogen blocker that has removed my acne and helped me lose weight. Are there any other over the counter estrogen blockers that work just as well or better, im taking DHEA for Test boosting effects and im looking for better ways to block estrogen since i want to take 1-DHEA and 4-DHEA.
>>
>>35451767
i don't think 1-dhea could convert into estrogen, i thought it was metabolized into 1-testosterone
>>
File: reprange.png (37 KB, 807x662) Image search: [Google]
reprange.png
37 KB, 807x662
>>35451800
1-DHEA doesnt convert to estrogen but whenever you raise testosterone or add more into your system your endocrine system compensates and makes more estrogen regardless if its a good or bad form, DIM blocks the bad and doesnt shut down estrogen production so you can have healthy joints, skin and hair while on cycle so its a decent alternative to thoses that completely shut down estrogen production, im trying to find something equivalent but from a different plant or chemical form to get double the effect just my estrogen levels raise to high to compensate for higher testosterone levels.
>>
>>35443393

Brah... Is it the muscle between your shoulder blade and spine?

I blow that thing at least once a year... usually doing stupid shit like stretching. Hurts like fuck for about 10 minutes and I can't breath then it's just sore for a few days.

It doesn't matter how much I strengthen my back/etc it's been doing it for 10 years always on the left.
>>
File: Fat Nagel Kid.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fat Nagel Kid.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
Is there such a thing as too much protein in a day? I bought some new whey protein that says it's 40g of protein per serving, I of course did 4 scoops so I should be getting 80g of protein in that single serving. I highly doubt I'm getting 80grams from that, but if I were to be getting that amount would it be too much?
>>
>>35446046
He's doing Sets X Reps, not Reps X sets.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.