[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: fiteme.png (2 MB, 2232x1918) Image search: [Google]
fiteme.png
2 MB, 2232x1918
Hey anons, im back to help some off you who might need some motivation/help/advice in general, so here we go.

So I've managed to get my life on track this last year, ill make this a bit tl;dr(ask me if you want to know more details Overcame drug addiction, cigarettes, skinny and fatness, Anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression as well as i started cleaning, eating/cooking healthy 6 times a week(ate a 1/3 chocolate bar now though, tasty as fuck) and all that "regulare" shit. As well as i keep myself in shape by going to the gym. And i managed all of this in one year, and well im here to help some of you out that might be in the same shit(or anything else) So, tl;dr Want any advice/tips/motivation?
Ask op anything and ill do my best answering.

>pic is OC, 2 months of cardio, 4 months of gym
>Cant type this down anyhow without sounding like a cocky retard, so i just typed it down, you decide what to make of it
>>
>>35429346
thank you skelly
>>
File: 1451511761641.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1451511761641.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>35429367
>>
>>35429346
even with that shitty filter and pose you still look horrible, come back in a year
>>
>>35429346
how does one convince his own self to get shit done, o wise one? I know I have to do some stuff, but just can't start doing it.
>>
File: Whypleaseno.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
Whypleaseno.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>35429414
hey, faggot, there are people struggeling and doing something about their body as well as it helps some out in life, this thread is about motivation to get started, not about being the buffest faggot on the internet, so, stop the shitposting
>>
>>35429421
Hey anon, well its really hard in the start to get this habbit started, if you have been lazy through out your life, like i REALLY was, its just hard.

I just lacked the energy in my everyday life to do any shit around myself, so working out really helped me get going, so after a while, i forced myself to eat very healthy which needed me to cook. And eventually i liked cooking, and i started cleaning regularely without second thinking anything, i just did it even though i didnt feel like it(for example when i quit cigs and felt like shit and was angry, i used that energy to clean), And eventually it becomes natural, and the more you clean, the faster it goes since you wont have shit piled up

But you dont have to start hard off, but try doing atleast 3 things around your apartment daily, just 3 things, and up it if you feel like its progress
>>
File: 4chanVsFeminazis.webm (2 MB, 310x176) Image search: [Google]
4chanVsFeminazis.webm
2 MB, 310x176
bump
>>
>>35429454
damn straight, >>35429414 is a wimp who only feels better by making fun of others
>>
bumping, dont be afraid to ask anons
>>
So, I really want to start shedding pounds (275 Ib right now). I feel motivated to start (though its tough), but I feel its difficult to maintain my social life and meet my calorie goals. When I go out to eat (which I do fairly often) I feel compelled to eat the entire meal, even if its more than I should. What can I do to stop this?
>>
>>35429754
don't eat as much
>>
>>35429754
There is a few options, you could choose to go to healthier places, maybe find a place where there is healthy and unhealthy food(thinking of your friends) and you can pick the healthier option as well as finnish your whole meal.

And you can still go out with your friends and they can eat while you socialize, this is a though one, but you can hold yourself for some more healthy and better food at home(all depends on how fast you want to lose that weight, but eventually this wont be so hard, it will almost feel natural).

and always remember, change doesnt come over night, dont try to stop everything bad and do everything "right" instantly, take a few steps at a time
>>
Hello guys i think i have a problem
I've been dealing with this depression for 3 years,suicidal thoughts every single day and so on so about 5 months ago (pic related,when i started and 1 month ago,now just look a bit more buffed) and despite gym helped me to avoid those thoughts i still think about it sometimes.Im NEET and feel totally lost in my life idk how or when should i start to study or find a job,mostly just feel like giving up on everything
>>
>>35429785
holy shit, is /fit/ really this autistic? People trying to change their life and you "fit" fags are just being faggots on the internet thinking you're "edgy", You dont know shit about life, even though many of /fit/ might be buff, not a single person of you would dare to say some of that shit to a stranger
>>
File: 3.jpg (311 KB, 2081x1107) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
311 KB, 2081x1107
>>35429811
forgot pic
>>
>>35429811
Why are you so depressed, anon?
>>
>>35429811
>>35429833
Good shit anon, keep going.

So, I would suggest you to find another hobby, anything, and dont be afraid to try. That is what is causing you to feel this way(i belive) Try to throw yourself in there anon, and dont give up.
And until you see that your mind will be occupied with better things in life(depends on hobby), and you get those feelings, try using them for something good. Just PUSH yourself, dont second think just do that shit. Like example, clean/cook/fix a broken door/go out for a walk/be nice to ATLEAST one person each day). Just try this without considering anon, and good luck
>>
>>35429855
i feel im pathetic,never kissed,virgin,my dad died 2 years ago,feel useless,no very much money (im 19 right now) iknow there's people with bigger problems than me but i cannot help it
>>35429879
thank you so much anon,i will try to follow your advice despite i tried before and u can see what happened i wish you very good luck too
>>
Do you count your calories? I'm desperately in need of getting back into the lifestyle, and the thing that knocked me out the first time was the sheer monotony of counting calories, weighing my food, and preparing everything. Is it possible to make eating healthier less inconvenient and time consuming?
>>
>>35430080
OP here again can sort of relate, lost my mother as well 2 years ago, she died of cancer, and she single handed raised me because my dad was abusive, you will do better anon, life will turn around eventually

"i know there's people with bigger problems"
you should never think like that because that wont get you any progress, rich people who doesnt get golden toilet paper can cry down and some people will say(its not a big problem) No its not for most people, but it cant define the way they feel.

Kissless virgin can be fixed easily, its just your lack of confidence. Try being nice to ATLEAST one person each day, even though you might not know them, at the gym, at supermarket, anywhere u can anon. Just try to interact with others. There wont be any results instantly, dont expect that. But there might be a chance some of that will lead to something bigger and better. Good luck
>>
>>35430115
I dont count calories, I assume and check up what the calories are in what i eat, dont have to be exact anon. If you're going to cook a dinner of meat/sweetpotatoes/vegetables and so on, you shouldnt be afraid to add a little sauce on the side(make your own, not so fat) or maybe scoot in a meal with a bit more calories in a meal. As long as you workout, your body will still change for the better, and you can always do some cardio to get the xtra off if you want to.

It all just depends on how fast you want to get mega fit! less counting calories, a little bit more time, but not as grave danger as you might think
>>
>>35429346
props OP
>>
what kind of drugs did you do?
how did you quit smoking cigs?
any advice for someone trying to quit alcohol?
someone gave me a huge jar of protein powder, what do I do with it?
>>
File: 1450309355670.gif (1 MB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450309355670.gif
1 MB, 180x180
>>35430176
thanks anon
>>
File: 1451126743610.gif (1 MB, 339x229) Image search: [Google]
1451126743610.gif
1 MB, 339x229
Alright /fit/ bedtime for me now, going to hit bed and get ready for new years, gn8 /fit/ and some of you are actually nice, im might come back someday :)
>>
File: 1435646070202.jpg (675 KB, 3504x2332) Image search: [Google]
1435646070202.jpg
675 KB, 3504x2332
I have some huge motivational issues myself.
For a while, when my gym first opened up i got a membership for cheap and its still cheap to this day. Anyways, when I first joined I had this personal trainer that had a fairly open schedule to work around, but as things got busy I couldn't book him as easily as before. As a result I found myself going less and less until not at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is; I need a gym buddy to help motivate me to get there and work out on either my days off or after work.
>>
>>35430451
Ah, gonna answer this before i go

Anon, you just wrote the answer, get yourself a gym buddy, there is many sites which can also help you out with this, facebook for example, instagram, or even google some site or try getting a friend to join, but always remember, true strength comes from you and noone else. You got to push yourself anon, and good luck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.