[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we talk shoes? what do you wear? I can't decide b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
can we talk shoes? what do you wear?

I can't decide between cross trainers or power lift shoes. I don't know if I really need them. Does anyone have an experience with lifting with non lifting shoes, then going to lifting shoes, and the differences?

>barefoot is best brah
yeah I know, but I want to talk about shoes

I'm looking at these:
http://www.amazon.com/Asics-Gel-Fortius-Training-Flash-Yellow/dp/B00GXDPIFK/ref=sr_1_14?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1451515592&sr=1-14&nodeID=7141123011

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Performance-Powerlift-2-Trainer-Yellow/dp/B00RSOWJO6/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1451515592&sr=1-5&nodeID=7141123011
>>
>>35428520
I'm doing squat, deadlift. no olympic lifts
>>
>>35428520
What's the difference?
Lifting shoes have elevated heels and incompressible rubber/wood sole. Very stable platform for lifting. Shit for walking or running.

Cross trainers are slightly firmer/sturdier versions of running shoes.

Do you need them?
Not unless you have really long legs and a short torso, or you don't want to or can't lift barefoot.
>>
I have those asics, they're shit and fell apart in <8 months
>>
File: Adidas Powerlift 2.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Adidas Powerlift 2.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
I have the adidas powerlift 2 pic related.
Got them because they are not as high on the heel as other WL shoes but still help for high bar and front squats.
Squatting feels fucking awesome, like your feet are glued to the ground.
You can also still deadlift in them and do all other lifts because the heel isnt as high as in Power Perfect 2's for example.
>>
People who actually lift do some heavy squats dl bp without shoes, just some socks and mad amonia.
>>
>>35428520

i lift in these, no complaints
>>
>>35428650

yeah man look at these dyel's with their shoes lmao right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI0L7E_5Qac
>>
>>35428667
They're on copious amounts of drugs and have the world's best coaches, cooks and facilities, you and I aren't and have none of those things
>>
>>35428687

what has this to do with the statement that "people who actually lift just wear socks"?

the best squatters in the world are wearing lifting shoes because squatting in them feels good man, even if you only squat 3 plate
>>
>>35428715
>the best squatters in the world
*best drug users in the world
>>
>>35428715
Show me how you look fsg, talkimg smack and i bet youre just stsrting for nye
>>
>>35428733
>"I would be as stronger or stronger than olympic athletes if they weren't on drugs."

t. anon
>>
>>35428733

not gonna argue with a troll/retard cya
>>
>>35428663
same tbqhwy familia
>>
>>35428751
Well, the guy in that video squats 275kg with a belt, steroids, coaches and shoes. I squat 175kg with none of those things.

That more than makes up for the 100kg disparity in weight, give me their gear and I'll smash 275kg within a year or two
>>
File: pepe11.jpg (18 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe11.jpg
18 KB, 251x242
>That more than makes up for the 100kg disparity in weight
>>
What about those "minimalist" shoes, eg New Balance Minimus, those faggy Vibram toe shoes, etc?

(I axed this in the last shoe thread but it was gone before I checked again.)
>>
Reminder that there are only 7 posters itt and two think wearing vans is okay. I agree in my gym I see people who lift more than 5 plates disregarding their shoes.
>>
nobody is saying that you cant squat 300kg barefoot.
just that lifting shoes are nice if you're not a poorfag and can spend 100€
>>
>>35428799
If you don't even know if they're good or not, why insult them before you have any idea?
Vibrams are great for lifting but IPF doesn't allow them.
>>
>>35428520
get adidas powerlift 2
>>
File: 1448431951642.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1448431951642.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>35428768
>Well, the guy in that video squats 275kg with a belt, steroids, coaches and shoes. I squat 175kg with none of those things.
>That more than makes up for the 100kg disparity in weight, give me their gear and I'll smash 275kg within a year or two
>>
>>35428832

Because they look faggy. I might look into the Minimus ones, I guess the soles are still made by Vibram, without the faggy toes.
>>
>>35428520
I lift in any shoes that have a flat sole. My squat sucks and my deadlift is men (6'1 hungry skelly).
>>
How much do i need to be able to squat before I'm not considered a pleb for where proper lfiting shoes?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>35428520
They help improve form and flexability. No more buttwink for me guys
>>
>>35428920
I would say 2pl8 squat
Anything before that why even bother. Learn good form before trying to get accesories to do it for you
>>
File: baitnicetry.jpg (64 KB, 620x622) Image search: [Google]
baitnicetry.jpg
64 KB, 620x622
>>35428768
>>
>>35428951
These won't necessarily help with butt wink, sometimes it's genetics or a form issue. More than likely it's the latter.
>>
If you want the experience without spending lots of money just get a pair of Converse.
I used to squat and diddly barefoot, bought a pair of Converse and haven't looked back
>>
My experience:

>converse chuck taylor hi tops
Pretty good stability, not great for running
>nike metcon 1
Great stability, definitely feel anchored. Ok for running but it wouldn't be my first choice
and just for funsies
>nike free flyknit 5.0
Poor stability, I don't recommend these for lifting at all. Excellent for running, they're super light with plenty of cushioning

Overall the converses win if only because they cost a fraction of the price of my other trainers, but the metcons are my go to general purpose gym shoe now
>>
>>35428951
i'm peruvian, how i can get this ones and what is their name?
>>
>>35431481
nike romaleos
>>
>>35428951

stretch your hammies , thats the main butt wink cause , if its not that you may have genetically short hamstrings but that isn't likely , Ive started stretching properly and im already seeing improvements
>>
File: BBHi.jpg (648 KB, 4592x3056) Image search: [Google]
BBHi.jpg
648 KB, 4592x3056
Flat bottom. Good enough.
>>
>>35428520
>barefoot is best brah
>yeah I know, but I want to talk about shoes
Bare foot is horrible.
Running shoes are horrible.
Read a book,nigger.
>>
Anyone else confused as to how cross training shoes would work?
For lifting you need stability and it to be rigid.

For running it needs to be flexible and conform to your foot.
Sounds like you might as well wear slippers.
>>
whenever i see a guy in the gym with converse its a dyel
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.