[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/ Newb questions here, cause I'm totally new to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1344931091018.jpg (115 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1344931091018.jpg
115 KB, 1000x800
Sup /fit/
Newb questions here, cause I'm totally new to this whole exercise and health thing.

I just started working out, I'm 240 pounds and 5'10, not really any muscle. How should I adjust my food intake if I'm trying to both lose weight and add a lot of muscle? Also what are good routines for brokefags who have no exercise equipment or access to gyms?
>>
>>35427152
READ
>>
>>35427173
I did read, I can find stuff on the exercise thing, but as far as losing fat and gaining muscle the sticky didn't help none.
>>
>>35427173
THE
>>
>>35427220
FUCKING

>>35427216
>sticky didn't help none
That's because you're illiterate. Learn to read, then READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
>>
>>35427241
I read the sticky. You need to calm down friend.
>>
>>35427266
See? You're so illiterate that you don't even understand what the word 'calm' means, just like you apparently can't read well enough to have absorbed the contents of The Sticky, otherwise you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions. Hint: You have to read EVERY WORD, not just skip over things because they make your head hurt, ok? Now go back and try again.
>>
>>35427216
The sticky "didn't help none", oh good, so it helped you then. /thread
>>
File: 1445664009977.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1445664009977.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>35427152
Eat normally but.cleaner replace soda with protein.shakes. thats about it
>>
Come on dude. The sticky isn't just for show. The food/diet info is very well covered.

As far as the gym thing goes, you can probably get away with do a calisthenics routine if you have to, but you aren't going to be getting the gains you would from lifting. It's going to take longer to get the results you want, and ultimately you'll reach a point where you need weights to progress anyways.
>>
File: kevin-curry-headshot.jpg (511 KB, 796x977) Image search: [Google]
kevin-curry-headshot.jpg
511 KB, 796x977
>>35427152

another candidate for the best food related playlist in the history of YouTube and Healthy eating detected

Here fatty .. sit on your ass and watch every single video

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIqj12N6PhnDgYFRfSJOD8__vfEjGVdu6

Enjoy!
>>
>>35427152
>Lose weight
>add a lot of muscle

pick one.

However, as a complete beginner, if perform compound barbell exercises at a challenging weight and incorporate cardiovascular exercise while eating at a deficit, you will have muscles by the time you are thin enough to see definition.

It's very easy for people who are complete beginners to gain muscle mass while losing fat weight.

Don't worry about bulking or cutting until you stop gaining lean muscle mass, and to be able to tell that you have to have a much lower bf% than you have now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.