[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you learned how to fight yet? Surely you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: Bellator_Frame8_DW_01.jpg (289 KB, 670x376) Image search: [Google]
Bellator_Frame8_DW_01.jpg
289 KB, 670x376
Why haven't you learned how to fight yet?

Surely you don't think your 2 plate bench will get you out of trouble or protect your waifu from the bad mens
>>
>>35423983
concealed carry is a magical thing.
>>
>>35423983
i actually do know how to fight, year and a half of muay thai
>>
File: 1304028324354.jpg (45 KB, 388x296) Image search: [Google]
1304028324354.jpg
45 KB, 388x296
>>35424028
>>
BJJ is godtier
>>
>>35424068
This.
Rugby + BJJ best combo ever
>>
>>35423983
I grew up in a shitty neighbourhood. Cant box or karate or any of that shit, but i can street fight and will go for the balls. Of its me being hurt or a guy on the floor i will kick him in the dick if the opportunity arises.
Dont be affraid to fight dorty and ALWAYS kick a man when hes down. Else hel'll get back up
>>
>>35423983
I've done some kickboxing and I've been in my fair share of fights, I'll be okay. And I bench 3.5 plate you dyel faggot.
>>
>>35424068
BJJ is shit in most street fights
Good luck breaking someones arm/leg on the floor while 3 other guys are kicking the shit out of you.

Kickboxing/muay thai/boxing is god tier for street fights. A well trained person in good shape can easily fight off more opponents at a time.
Talking this with an experience in judo, bjj and kickboxing, few experiences in street fights and whenever there are more than one person close by, which is almost always, go for punches and try to disable your opponents as quickly as possible
>>
>>35424314
Yeah, I gotta agree with this guy. Striking is key in a street fight, going to ground is a good way to get your head stomped by the other guy's friends.
>>
>>35424245
Also this happens, therefor you don't use locks or chokes, and you NEVER take the fight to the ground
>>
>>35424329
Exactly, I've heard of it happening few times, I know a lot of good fighters and few of them got beaten up pretty rough by amateurs in street fights. One of the experiences I had was with 3 kinda buzzed guys, punched 2 of them in the chin and third one in the liver, the fight was over within seconds, I was also keeping my distance so I don't get punched in the balls or something
>>
>spend years learning to fight
>get shot by a nigger
pointless in america
>>
only dumb people get into street fights, smart people don't get into bad situations because of their superior brain power
>>
>>35424419
Are you one of those guys who never leaves the house and thinks he knows everything about the world, even tho he never actually lived in one lol

Rarely anyone who knows how to fight starts a street fight, and noone smart wouldnt start one either, but that doesn't mean some idiot isn't going to attack him without a reason, mostly with few buddies because he is usually to scared to do it alone. What would you do if 3 or more people attack you? Tell them stop, I dont fight, my intelligence is superior than yours therefor you can't attack me... Thats how you get your skull bashed in

I do agree however that some times you can choose not to retaliate and take shit from someone, but even that most of the time won't stop anything
>>
>>35424416
This, in the US gangstas have bazookas and all.
>>
got a bad shoulder so I can't even properly guard my face in a fight, much less throw a punch with the arm. I got some long ass legs though, what technique should I learn?
>>
>>35424483
You must live in a real shitty area if the prospect of getting randomly assaulted is something you think of every time you leave the house. You know, being ghetto trash doesn't mean you know more about the world. It just means you're a poor nigger.

Do you take flying lessons because you never know when the airline pilot will have a heart attack too?
>>
I kind of do. I used to get my ass kicked all the time by my jock brother and his friends. My brother used to punch me with a dumbbell in each hand and choke me out all the time. All the older kids used to make me fight kids my age that they didn't like. If I didn't then I would get beat up by them.
I'm not "tough" in punching and kicking. But I can take an ass kicking. I've won 4 fights by default because the other person gave up before me.
>>
>>35424533
I don't think ill get assaulted every time I leave the house, but if a random idiot tries to assault me I will be prepared. I may not be assaulted but training a martial art is still a great recreation and keeps me in a good shape.

People getting randomly assaulted can happen everywhere, just thinking that you can influence on that is stupid. And you started insulting me because you didn't like what I said, im not saying you will get assaulted, I'm saying it has no correlation between intelligence.
>>
File: SOTU+ad.png (430 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SOTU+ad.png
430 KB, 1000x500
to really defend yourself you need to own a gun and the right to carry

the second best thing is jew-jitsu and of course some punching/kicking
>>
>>35424531
Cowardly Cardio
>>
>>35424581
That sucks, have you considered taking a martial arts course? Not so you can beat up people, but just by knowing you can beat them up most of the people will be too scared to try.
>>
>>35424531
If your other arm is healthy you can consider perfecting a punch with it, try to avoid fights at all costs, but if it comes to that be sure to punch first, fast and precise.
>>
>>35424646
This.

What else are you gonna do when someone threatens your gf with a knife? Charge at him? kek
>>
>>35424654
I have considerd it. But I don't like to fight after my brother died. I'll either just stop fighting and get beat up mid fight or i'll black out and i'll come to and realize i'm choking someone out like my brother did to me. It's some kind of emotional stress thing because thats basically how me and him would communicate. Through fighting. So it just fucks me up.
>>
>>35424028
This. Literally have my Sig on me at all times including at work lol. Some crazy motherfuckers out there.
>>
>>35424691
If someone threatens you with a knife, just do what he asks, or run. Its foolish to fight someone with a knife. Most people that have very basic self defense training think they are like special ops or something and that they can defend from a knife, they cant...
>>
>>35424714
Pretty much this. If it's just a random mugging you are almost always better off handing over your wallet. Unless you carry cash like a caveman you won't lose any money except for having to buy a new wallet which you may even consider a small treat for your self after getting mugged.
>>
File: 1444920415377.jpg (23 KB, 480x522) Image search: [Google]
1444920415377.jpg
23 KB, 480x522
>will get you out of trouble or protect your waifu from the bad mens

where do you all live?

22 years of life and I've never been threatened or been in any real danger.

Then again, one guy in a bar started talking about getting aggro and all i said was, "pay my tuition buddy, do it."
>>
File: 1450654230635.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1450654230635.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>35424483
>>35424533
>tfw living in a first world country and it's more likely that I'll die in a car accident than it is for me to get into a fight without initiating it myself
>never been in a fight even though I go out at nights and been to worse neighborhoods

it seems that most people who get into fights or getting jumped are faggots carrying around a pink purse, hippies or guys that try to pick a fight while being obnoxious drunks

normal people rarely get jumped unless you roll unlucky and 5 random immigrant niggers decide to rape you and you'd still be fucked so better just practice running instead of fighting
>>
>>35424531
running
>>
>>35424044
lol peasant. I would destroy you despite how tall or big you can be.
>>
>>35424028
Pussy
>>
>>35424028
Really, why not learn hand to hand and how to shoot well?
>>
>blue belt Judo
>blue belt Aikido
>blue belt BJJ
Should make it to black/brown/purple in 2016. Now if only I had more than just dabbled in kickboxing, I'd be good to go.
>>
>>35424961
you're stupid, m8
>>
>>35425020
Until Jamal and his boys decide they want your phone.
>>
Been training for almost a year now and the biggest thing I learned is avoid a fight at all costs
>>
>>35423983
Guns exist. I know how to fight-due to compulsory draft- but would choose to shoot if I encounter some trouble. Why risk it?
>>
>>35424990
This is good advice. Learn both because it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it for both
>>
>>35423983
>Why haven't you learned how to fight yet?
Because I always win without knowing how to fight.
>>
>>35425020
>aikido
The other two were a step forward, that was two steps back
>>
getting fit and learning the basics of muay thai and some judo was all because of being robbed several times and being in a couple of streetfights, so a need to be as safe as I could arised

fucking 3rd world man.
>>
>This thread again
>all those people recommending just getting a gun
concealed weapons of any kind are illegal in Canada. Only the police and sometimes armoured vehicle guards are allowed to carry guns. You can only have a gun if you have a safe for it, if it's not used for hunting you can only use it at a range or on your property if you have a farm or something, if you live in the suburbs and you use your gun to shoot a target or something the neighbours will call the police. The criminals who do carry guns usually use them as an intimidation device and have no intent on harming someone because jail.
>>
>>35423983

MMA doesnt mean shit if someone has a gun or knife
>>
File: 1450569884377.jpg (54 KB, 700x367) Image search: [Google]
1450569884377.jpg
54 KB, 700x367
>>35423983
It was my dream to join martial art club as kid, but my mummy did not let me, because somebody could hit me.

I wish I oculd join today but here where I live I would have to commute 100km for each training
>>
>>35423983
Fighting is for the poor
>>
>>35423983
I've dabbled in karate, Kung fu, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai and tai chi. Picked up what I thought was the most useful out of all of them. In my opinion, karate is a great martial art with the only drawback being little-no groundwork, wing chun Kung fu has some very useful and cool techniques but as it gets more advanced the techniques become a bit weird and unnecessary so I left it after learning basic and intermediate stuff, JJ is awesome to know because chances are if you get into a street fight the other person will 95% likely have no fucking clue what they're doing, Muay Thai is good but not for real close combat, and tai chi is the mother of martial arts and is really awesome but so much harder to learn than any other and works your mind intensely, simply because of how precise all of your movements have to be.
>>
File: 1449203743042.jpg (20 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1449203743042.jpg
20 KB, 510x476
>>35424867
>>
>>35427732
> the other person will 95% likely have no fucking clue what they're doing
If the fight goes to the ground I mean
>>
>>35427825
why do you think muay thai isn't good for close up combat?
>>
>>35423983
>Surely you don't think your 2 plate bench will get you out of trouble or protect your waifu from the bad mens
Where the fuck do you live where people get into physical fights with any regularity?
>>
>>35423983
My mom was a taekwondo instructor so I know a bit. I'm self taught in a couple of other styles as well
>>
>>35427851
because he has trained muay thai for 2 months in a mcdojo and doesn't know what the word clinch even means
>>
>>35427851
The fact that Muay Thai essentially teaches you to fight with gloves, so you can't do things like grab the other persons arm. I know it teaches elbows which are very damn effective but personally when I'm sparring I like to get in real close and try to apply locks and throws which I need my hands for, in addition to landing hits. In saying that, I haven't sparred in a long time haha.
>>
>>35424028
"You thought this gonna be a street fight?" - CC guy to autismo mma
>>
>>35423983
Most MMA fags don't train legs.

I guess I can just try trampling them.
>>
I'll leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd7fZX8UHDQ

>Niggas and Felons League

My sides!
>>
>>35427887
The clinch is retarded if you know body weight techniques, literally just grab them as well and fall back to the ground and now you're wrestling
>>
File: muay thau.png (226 KB, 534x537) Image search: [Google]
muay thau.png
226 KB, 534x537
>>35423983
How does one exactly sign up for a martial arts program?

Also: is muay thai the best? Can one fit martial arts into a bodybuilding/strength program?
>>
>>35428019
"The best" martial art will always be debatable, and depends what you're looking to get out of it. Muay Thai is a great one to learn because it teaches punches and powerful kicks and it's also a great way to work out, but if you're fighting someone who knows something other than Muay Thai, or if you're fighting bare knuckle, be wary the general guard is absolutely useless (hands right next to your face instead of out in front of you)
>>
>>35424747
you're still wet behind the ears m8
>>
>>35428084
And knees and elbows are also powerful and boss
>>
>>35424028
lol wtf dude. some guy is just gonna KO you before you know whats happening

it isnt gonna be like "okay bro now i am going to fight you" *pause for 2 seconds while you pull out your gun*
>>
File: e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg (211 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg
211 KB, 600x530
Because it's all fun and games till you get punched in the fucking face and it hurts.

It's not fun getting punched in the face mate.
>>
>>35426688
Joke's on him, my phone is a decade old.

>>35426963
Wrist locks net me subs in BJJ tournaments every now and then, I'd hardly consider that a step back, let alone two.
>>
>>35428250
Yes getting punched in the face fucking sucks but it's the best way to learn how to avoid getting punched in the face
>>
>>35425020
>blue belt judo
Fuck out of here poser
>>
>>35428208
>two seconds
You only need about half a second to draw and get one off. Professionals can do it way faster.
>>
>>35424961
Let's see how well Bruce Lee will do against someone with a gun.
>>
>>35428523
the point still stands

nobody is gonna warn you before they KO you giving you time to pull out your gun

you clowns have some delusional fantasy that a pack of niggers are gonna roll up on you and your fat gf and try to rape you both and then youll just blow them away with your little concealed carry
>>
>>35428566
Bruce Lee actually also carried a gun
357 magnum
>>
I'm not great at powerlifting. I'm like 160 5'5 and can only bench like 185, but boxing for 4 years and black belt at Tae Kwon Do for 5 years as well. If only boxing and lifting made me not a fucking midget ass piece of shit.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.