[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /fit/ I need your help. My New Years resolution is to lose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 277x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 277x329
Ok /fit/ I need your help.

My New Years resolution is to lose weight. I'm currently 5'7" 325 pounds @ 20 years old. I already signed up for a month of gym membership and I already got a workout plan set up.

I just need help with my diet. I know that I shouldn't eat many calories obviously, but what the fuck do I eat that doesn't have many calories and is filling? I hate eating shit like broccoli so that won't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys
>>
Just eat less and don't drink soda you fat piece of shit
>>
>>35423184
Is diet soda ok?
>>
>>35423126
Rice chicken sweet potatoes. Just look up basic foods and cook with those.
>>
>>35423215
Its okay but it is super carbonated and makes you retain a lot of gas which makes you lose bloated. I would suggest switching to Diet Coke and then transition to water eventually.
>>
Good luck to you in reaching your goals. Immediately cut down drastically on soda, junk food, and baked goods and keep working out. You will see progress.
>>
>>35423215
Occasionally. 95% of what you drink should be water, drink a gallon a day.
>>
look into lyle mcdonalds rapid fat loss diet. I've been doing it for 4-5 weeks now and I'm very happy with the result. it's pretty much the fastest sensible way to lose weight as you only eat the bare minimum (i.e. enough protein)
>>
Easiest way - cut out processed foods. Only eat things made from scratch. If you don't know how something is made (crackers, cookies, pizza, soda, etc) then don't fucking eat it.
>>
Lean meats, dairy, eggs, beans, various veggies, slowly quit sugary drinks and health food will aquire a better taste.
>>
>>35423126
I don't help fat hopeless fucks like you OP

Fuck off fatty
>>
>muh new year resolution blah blah

How bad do you want it. If you truly want to be fit, you will indeed become fit. Come hell, or hot water.
My biggest advice is to not be a pussy and never give up. If you're really 5'7 325, you can't even afford to give yourself cheat days.
>>
>>35423126
>but what the fuck do I eat that doesn't have many calories and is filling
That's your first fucking problem, you eat to be full. Eat a fucking meal, stop eating after it's done. A normal sized meal. What is it with you fat faggots thinking you're starving if you aren't on the verge of vomiting from over eating after a meal.

>I hate eating shit like broccoli so that won't work.
What do you hate more? Being a fat piece of shit or getting proper nutrients from a side?

>Is diet soda ok?
No you stupid fuck.
>>
>>35423353
Ok I get the other stuff, but why isn't diet soda ok? It has zero calories. Or are you just trying to find ways to insult me you privileged faggot?
>>
>>35423126
Yogurt with artificial sweeteners, the ones I buy have 46 kcal for 100 gr and are quite filling.
Diet soda is infact a good option, as it fills you better than water and doesn't make you fat.
Protein fills more than any other kind of energy source, so eating things that mainly have protein is a good idea.
>>
Also:

How do I avoid DOMS?

And supplements to take are:

Vitamin D
Zinc
Fish Oil
Creatine
Vitamin K

right?
>>
>>35423353
Damn chill the fuck out you fucking manlet. OP just needs to guidance. No need to be a douche to him you beta phaggot.
>>
>>35423371
DOMS are not to be avoided, just have them for the first week or so and then they won't appear anymore.
You don't need supplements, try to get micronutrients from your diet and don't waste money on supplements, they don't help much, if I were you I would wait to have at least all the noob gains you can before thinking of buying supplements.
>>
>>35423361
>Or are you just trying to find ways to insult me you privileged faggot?
Don't take my advice fatty. Drink all that diet soda. Surely it's a magical soda that will give you all the fun of swallowing large quantities of carbonated garbage with no draw backs. Fuck off with this low quality shit posting nigger.
>>
>>35423394
b-but the sticky said...
>>
>>35423395
explain how diet soda hinders weight loss. what's the mechanism?
>>
>>35423397
The 80/20 rule, is a waste of money for now.
>>
>>35423391
No he doesn't. He wants to drink diet soda and start this years NYR.
>>
>>35423405
nigga supplements are cheap as fuck
>>
>>35423398
http://www.prevention.com/health/effects-diet-soda
It's almost like we have this massive resource of information at our fingertips, I think it's called the internet.
>>
>>35423420
>literal clickbait article

wew
>>
You've already failed
>>
>>35423436
Yep, that invalidates it. OP can drink all the diet soda they want. Not my job to help some fat baby.
>>
>>35423126
stead the ricky
>>35423353
>thinking you're starving
Well, I'm a former fatty and the first three months i never got full. I could eat a large pizza and a half and still take another piece without even thinking about it. When you're fat and your stomach has expanded it really takes a lot to feel even slightly stuffed.
A normal sized meal to a fatty feels like a glass of water to normal person
>>
>>35423371
Fish oil, vitamin D, and creatine are fine. If you eat some vegetables like a normal person, you shouldn't worry about the other shit.

As far as what foods to eat:

chicken breast, eggs, oats, beans, lentils, lots of vegetables (seriously, these have very little calories), low fat cottage cheese, tuna

Just pick some of those that you really like and make them staples in your diet. Drink tons of water too. More than you think you need. If you think you're hungry, drink a lot of water first.

Also if you're new to cooking make sure to season your food so you're not just eating bland chicken all the time like a tard.
>>
>>35423361
Personally, I don't trust the chemicals in diet sodas, I also find the taste disgusting, as it doesn't taste like anything natural, way too sweet (I believe ingesting unnaturally sweet stuff over and over is not good for you. It destroys your sense of taste. I have no source for this, it's just the feeling I have, based on my experiences). But it's okay if you think otherwise, there's no study as of yet that shows any side effects of the sweeteners and whatnot used in most diet sodas. I won't take the risk though, as it's absolutely against my personal beliefs on nutrition.
>>
>>35423455
>thinking you're starving
That's the point, you aren't starving, you just think you are.
>>
>>35423361
Diet soda is full of artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, which causes headaches, digestive problems (I.e. You get fat), and eventually can lead to Alzheimer's.
>>
>>35423410
>he wants to drink liquids that have no calories and wants to change his life for better

Oh no that's so terrible. You're right, OP isn't going to make it.
>>
>>35423420
That entire article is a load of shit
>>
>>35423126
>I hate eating shit like broccoli so that won't work

stop being a faggot or you'll never make it brah

getting in shape isnt about what you LIKE doing, its about changing your lifestyle PERMANENTLY. dont think youre going to go an diet for a few months and then relax when you reach your goal. change the way you eat and change the way you think about food

eating isn't about having fun or enjoying yourself, it's about you supplying your body with the nutrients it needs
that said, nothing wrong with trying to make that process more enjoyable, but you're probably better off asking /ck/.
>>
>>35423126
>new year resolutioner
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAARGHHHHHHHH
>>
This board need to ban US IPs for a couple of weeks.
This is ridicules.
>>
>>35423487
>that have no calories
I dun have no calories which is why you only seem them there beautiful healthy women drinkin it.
>>
>>35423126
>>35423527
cont. with some actual advice

Here's why you shouldn't drink diet soda:
Right now, your body is used to eating garbage. That's all it knows, that's all it wants. Your body is conditioned to like very sweet or very salty things. Mass-produced food is specifically engineered to induce this effect so you keep buying their stuff. You probably think dry bread is disgusting because it tastes "bland". Your tastebuds are completely desensitized

Diet soda, while probably not that big of a deal health-wise by itself, is EXTREMELY sweet. Look up the relative sweetness values of artificial sweeteners compared to regular sugar. Drinking diet soda will keep your body used to sweetness and keep it craving MORE sweets.

Like I said, you need to change the way you think about food all together. Like another anon said, the simplest way is to stick to non-processed, organic foods. This will naturally make you eat healthier as your body gets used to a diet that is much closer to what our bodies were evolved to digest

Now, you COULD ignore everything I just said and drink it any way, and you might even make it after all. But you're just making it harder on yourself. Also, you haven't even started your diet yet and you're already looking for ways to "cheat"? What the fuck man.

Hope you make it OP, and Happy New Years.
>>
>>35423487
>>35423436
http://time.com/3628546/diet-soda-bad-for-you/
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
>>
File: 1446821378767.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1446821378767.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>35423126
FUCKING RESOLUTIONERS FLOODING THIS SITE, GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Just eat broccoli faggot
>>
>>35423126
I'm surprised everyone is being so nice/not calling you a dumb lazy fat fuck for no getting these basics from reading the sticky. Probably because they only get mad at females because a majority can't relate to them.because of their own personal biases. Here ill do it for them to make sure this shit stays equal
Tldr: READ THE STICKY YOU LAZY FAT FUCK.
/thread
>>
Buy a kitchen scale, learn to use it, and cook all your own meals.
>>
5'7" When will they learn?
>>
>>35423126
>A year long resolution
>Obscure goal with no specific deadlines/numbers to reach

You're setting yourself up to allow for too many mistakes friend. Try to meet a new weight goal every week, or every two weeks. It'll motivate you more to keep pushing forward.

As for diet, cut out all refined sugars. Drink a lot of water. Try to incorporate veggies in almost every meal. When you feel like snacking, opt for nuts/seeds/fruit over processed shit. Don't go crazy if you mess up and eat something bad, it's only human and thus inevitable. Just make a point to do better next time and keep those weight goals in mind.

Good luck bro.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.