[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest fitness regrets and lessons of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 29
File: 1450972577127.jpg (553 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
1450972577127.jpg
553 KB, 960x1440
Since it's almost the New Year let's look back and learn from this year's errors. Learning from your mistakes is an important key to making it Imo.

I'll start I guess
I started losing weight this year; I went from 265 down to 176. My regrets are that I cut too fast and lost a lt if muscle mass. Also, I drove myself crazy by obsessing over my body and how I look until I cracked and nearly gave up. I ate like shit for like 2.5 months and barly lifted. I gained ~20 lbs. I lost half of it already but if I stuck to it and didn't give in like a fat fuck faggot I'd be much more happy with my body right now. I'm about 186-7 now and I'm hoping to get to my 160 goal weight by the end of February(I'm 6'0)

What I learned from my failure is NOTHING is worth delaying your progress and there is no worse feeling than that self hate you get from self sabotage. Don't get in your own way, /fit/. We all have hurdles to jump, even if you fall you can get right back up and become a sick cunt. We're all gonna make it

Let's hear yours /fit/.
>>
>>35421107
I started my fitness journey with SS
>>
>>35421134
I told you, son.
>>
My biggest regret is not being natty, i took creatine
>>
>>35421134
Why?
I did a GSLP variant routine.

>>35421141
They neber learn
>>
Trying to work through injuries
>>
I learned that I still need to become comfortable with myself and not rely on others for my self worth. It's easy to say that you've done that when you have women and friends, but when you really become alone you'll put that to the test.
I still have a ways to go, but I'm becoming more comfortable with my own self.
>>
Biggest regret is 4chan desu senpai
>>
File: 1442368130561.jpg (316 KB, 561x867) Image search: [Google]
1442368130561.jpg
316 KB, 561x867
>>35421107
Why couldn't I have read this before I broke my nofap streak? : ^(

Now I'm just filled with catholic guilt, and shame.
>>
>>35421203
>It's hard for me to be comfortable with myself while I'm still on the weight loss portion of my fitness journey. I have big love handles and a shitload of stretch marks to look at everyday. The love handles will go but the stretch marks are a permanent reminder of my past failures.
>>
>>35421208
>even if you fall you can get right back up and become a sick cunt
>>
>>35421168
Was it worth it anon
>>
I didn't start counting macros until December, and by then all I wanted was Christmas baked goods.
>>
>>35421134
Why shouldn't you start with SS?
>>
Nutrition
>>
>>35421441
Nutrition is your regret?
>>
File: 1447588819266.jpg (88 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1447588819266.jpg
88 KB, 768x768
>>35421521
no, it's what i learned this year senpai. I'm a little intoxicated.
>>
>july 2015
>hurt back when moving
>go to doctor
>holy shit i weigh 240lbs?????
>20lbs heavier than i've ever been
>blood pressure is high
>keep having to buy new clothes
>FUCK THIS i'm getting into shape
>strict diet and lift 3-5x/wk
>lost 50lbs
>doubled or tripled or more all of my beginning weights
>look best i have in over a decade
>still hate how i look naked
>motivated af to drop 20 more lbs by june
>>
I've been lifting for years so my outtake on the hobby has evolved many times. I came to the conclusion that lifting will always be a part of my life at the start of 2015. With the comfort of knowing this, I became really lax with my diet, programming, and training. I basically eat the same way I used to all my life prior to fitness, which isn't a bad diet, but it's not fit approved and there's a ton of unhealthy choices I make on a weekly basis. I basically ignore protein macros, rest days, routines. I started drinking a lot and going out more. I think ive had at least a beer everyday since Thanksgiving. I just go with the flow, although remember Ive been lifting for years so sub/consciously I know what im doing or do it close to correctly.

Anyway, I want fitness to be a part of my life, I dont want it to be my life. I dont want to worry about anything really, except maybe plateauing for too long. So many people let the hobby consume them and i was one of them.

Surprisingly the progress went really well this year. I made a ton of strength gains, surpassed my projected goals, yet only gained 2 pounds of weight.

It really bothered me when my friend said he doesn't want to lift because he cant get his diet right or he has to miss a gym session here and there. So many people think fitness is about being perfect and being anal about calories and lift %s when really it's not like that at all. It's all pretty chaotic and random actually.

Im sure the best scientists cant even figure out when they'll progress in strength. Might be after 1 cycle, might be after 6 on their program. You just invest time and things happen. Just be as consistent as possible and tweak things around not until they work, but to make it fun and fresh for you. Progress will come so dont sweat it new guys. Sometimes it will be fast, sometimes slow.

I can go on how the fit industry is corrupted and thats why the pointless standards are the way they are but thats a whole other topic.
>>
>>35421107
Not sticking with anything. Lurked /fit/ for 5 years, probably worked out for 1 year total on and off for these 5 years.

I'm sticking to it now; getting gains is REALLY fucking easy once you stop flaking.
>>
>>35421609

This was really motivational. Thanks.
>>
I started working out and eating better 2 months ago and went from 246lbs down to 224lbs (5'9), i ate a shit ton over christmas and gained another 5lbs, but i am back into my workout routine and on track to lose another 20lbs+.
>>
>>35421107
I regret not fucking more women.
>>
>>35421609
Well said anon.
2015 waa just the beginning of my life long fitness journey. I know some people dont like Elliot Hulse but he made a point when he said humans have seasons. There are times when we are just not as motivated or driven and that's just fine. As long as you never give up you're allowed to fuck up. You really cannot learn with out mistakes.

>>35421692
Good shit anon keep at it!
>>
mostly regret not making the connection between lifting heavy and feeling good. also regret not trying to get strong 10 years ago

in 2 months ill start a cut and then probably regret focusing strength over aesthetics
>>
>>35421692
Good on ya, anon. Keep going.
>>
My biggest regret is not starting sooner. Heard that one before, amirite?

Decided to get serious back in October. Started SL 5x5 then, decided to eat clean, stick to a proper diet, etc. It's been going well, except for a few hiccoughs. I'm a big guy and I love to eat, so even though I'm eating quite a lot by most standards for a cut, I still feel the urge to binge on pizza and ice cream every few days. Now and then it's probably OK to give in, but over the past 2 months I've caved a few times too many and probably stalled my progress. Need to work on my self-control. The actual weightlifting is going well, though. Going to be starting some HIIT today, too.

Looking forward to 2016. Moving forward, I'm hoping to really internalize that I'm not just doing all of this to "get into shape" or whatever, but that fitness and the Iron are permanent parts of my life now.
>>
>>35421651

Thanks for reading that. I couldnt write exactly what I wanted in 2000 characters but I guess that shows the gist of it.

I dont regret doing things 100% by the books because im sure that contributed a lot to my progress and that some people just really need to give 100% to get what they desire. I learned a lot in my experience and I carefully observed what works and doesnt for my body.

Im just sharing in hopes that new people wont burnout or quit for bullshit reasons that truly no one understands in this world.

It's okay if sometimes you cant do things perfectly. Thats life.

Just chill out. Missed your protein macro? Im sure there was a day recently you ate way more than you had to.

Your bro asks for you to join in on his workout? Do it, compete a bit and have some fun.

You feel great and its a slow rest day, go workout again. Fuck it.

It's your friends birthday and he's a chad. Go nuts, drink more than him., buy his girl a drink too.

People want results fast and go through great effort to achieve it and sometimes it doesnt work. And that discourages them from lifting forever rather than just staying at it.
>>
File: 1385469848329.jpg (34 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1385469848329.jpg
34 KB, 500x669
>>35421107
Nice thread, OP.

Ive always been a lanky, hungry bonelord but in october I started goig to the gym. Before that I fucked around at home for like 4 months with babby weight.

Still at baby weight but made a lot of progress compared to 'homegym.'

I regret not starting the whole thing in the gym, it's great to have people around for advice on how to use some machines and how to do proper form.

But what I regret the most is sitting close to a guy on the bus who looked really sick. Caught the flu and lost 5 kgs, much of it I suppose, is muscle.
>>
>>35421794
Thanks anon I like making learning threads on /fit/ because I believe fitness is one of those things where you can never have enough knowledge on.
I still have a basic home gym set up (weight bench, barbell, 2 dumbells,some weights, pull up bar, and an ab roller) because I'm not very well off. Keep at it bro, getting /fit/ is the best decision I've ever made.
>>
File: 1411921461575.gif (890 KB, 255x160) Image search: [Google]
1411921461575.gif
890 KB, 255x160
>>35421609
>>35421786

This breh.
>>
Fatfuck reporting in

I started starving myself 9 days ago, I still drink 4l water a day, no calories however.
I lost about 3.2kg already

I regret not doing this earlier. Fuck you and your "thats not healthy"

Only thing I regret about this is that pooping hurts but I only pooped twice in those 9 days so its cool.

See you losers when I'm from 155kg to 70kg
>>
>>35421107
What do you recommend as a good lb/week or lb/month rate to cut at, since you are more experienced? I am trying to bulk until around March.

>>35421134
So did I. I did it for about 4 months and I don't consider it a regret but I'm glad I'm not squatting 3x a week anymore, although I might get back on the SS train after my upper body fills out.

>>35421168
I have been taking creatine as well but starting halving my dose and am kinda starting to wonder if it's worth the trouble. I haven't noticed a big difference...still making gains.

>>35421203
This is so hard but I'm trying every day.

>>35421618
More people should listen to this guy. I started SS in August and kept muh workout diary, I havent missed a day since starting and now go to the gym 4 days a week. Developing a routine and sticking with it is the absolute best way to approach this as a beginner. I promise yu will see gains.

>>35421696
I'm in my late 20s and have had around a dozen partners, which I think normies would consider low/average. I don't regret not hooking up with more lousy sluts I would have forgotten about by now. Even the small number of women I've been with hasn't done anyhing but make me feel dirty.
>>
>>35421696
This. I could have had sex with four different chicks this year, only nailed one.
>first chick I get to bed with, only we arent alone... her cousin and bff is in the same bed cuddling.
>second and third chick I get to bed with but because I was too drunk I couldn't get it up
>fourth time was the only time I was sober, and I finally lost my virginity. This was about 2 weeks ago
>>
Biggest fitness regret is not starting sooner. Will be member of 100lb club in 2 or 3 months.

Second is not buying a squat rack sooner.

Also, dieting over the holidays is dumb. Doable, but stupid.

Also, never tell a woman you love her first. Ever.
>>
>>35422778
Congrats since it was your first time. But trust me, you will see diminishing returns. As you get older, you'll start to realize simply getting laid provides only fleeting satisfaction. Some of the happiest and most rewarding times of my life came from being in a healthy, trusting relationship with someone I really respected and loved.

Sorry for the feels...
>>
File: 1393286346032.jpg (21 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1393286346032.jpg
21 KB, 400x600
>>35421107
I learned that problems I had before lifting/cardio are much bigger now that i'm active. I thought my flat feet meant nothing and that my asthma was well controlled, but after squats and jogging i realized my hip pain was cause i stand like a duck and that i would likely die if i had to sprint a mile. I've learned to take better care of my pre existing conditions and to read my body better to prevent or postpone new ones.
>>35421168
r u serious? Creatine is found in meat, so you're just taking meat extract.
>>
>>35422812
>Also, dieting over the holidays is dumb. Doable, but stupid.

Agreed. Take advantage of the bounty and bulk during this time. Your gains will thank you.

>Also, never tell a woman you love her first. Ever.

I wouldn't make such a sweeping generalization... love isn't science. We get obsessed with getting mires, bedding women, and "becoming alpha" around here. Sometimes you need to let go of your ego. If you really want to find a lifelong companion, do you think telling her how you feel is going to hurt? I hid my emotions from people for most of my life.... I think you should be careful who you confide in, but building a wall around yourself will destroy you.
>>
>>35422635
see you on the other side when you die by a heart attack out of nutrients or some shit or you get hospitalized and recover all the weight again plus losing even more muscle mass you retard
>>
>>35422635
enjoy your yoyo and/or loose skin
>>
>>35422635
This is why you're fat as fuck. You want to find the easy way, you want the quick fix. You want to have the results without all the hard work, dedication and consistency that is needed to achieve such a goal.

With such an attitude, you aint gonna make it bruh
>>
Not bulking properly. I love the gym, I love working out, I love eating, I cook for myself... But I just would not eat enough, I'm stuffed at hlf my daily calorie intake. I made the change one week ago. Really funny that I need more motivation to eat, than to lift, but I figured I'd just start right away. Cheers to my gymbro for that
>>
>>35421107
That I started lifting too late. I started to lose weight at august. All I did was calorie deficit and a lot of cardio. Started lifting at november and still doing some cardio. Lifting is more fun, seeing some noob gains is awesome, and lifting combined with cardio is the most effective way to lose weight(with a calorie deficit of course). I was 202lbs and am currently at 167 and I am cutting until I hit 152lbs. Fatties listen to my advice, do cardio AND lift!!
>>
File: hungergames.jpg (14 KB, 217x300) Image search: [Google]
hungergames.jpg
14 KB, 217x300
I learned that my biggest vice will haunt me no matter how much I lift and no matter how strong I get.

After finally escaping dyel mode last winter I lost all gains during summer due to my anorexia returning, and the same happened in October and now during Christmas.

I'm back to auswitch, and I'm now "bulking" on a 60% deficit.
This shit will end me.
It's been a good run, guys.
>>
>>35423073
you're gonna make it brah
have you seen a therapist for that shit?
>>
File: 1450841852004.jpg (313 KB, 2336x3246) Image search: [Google]
1450841852004.jpg
313 KB, 2336x3246
>>35423073
>>
>>35423175
I quit my last therapist because he refused to believe that men could have anorexia.Gonna keep fighting tho. It hasn't killed me yet.
>Yet

>>35423251
Thanks
>>
>>35422846
SAUCE NOW!
>>
>>35421107
>didn't lift all summer
>didn't lift all winter
>lost all my hard fought gains
>didn't keep myself healthy

Went from 150 to 132. I am king of all skeletons and it fucking hurts /fit/. No lifting and illness will fuck you up every which way.

Fortuntely back on old bulking diet and starting to put back on weight, probably start back with old gym routine in a couple of weeks once my diet is solid
>>
>>35422817
fuckin this brah, one night stands are nothing compared to having sex with someone you truly love and understand fully.

also sets you up for some of the worst pain if they leave or cheat on you though. fuck feels.
>>
>>35421246
>complaining about based tiger stripes

Anon...
>>
>>35423402
start right now. dont wait
>>
don't deadlift if you have shit form
>>
>>35423544
Snap city?
>>
>>35422635
Dude... you wont succeed with shortcuts. You also wont suceed with that mentality.

Also a recovering fat fuck.
I wish you the best.
>>
>>35421594
are you me?
>>
My only regret is not having started sooner.
In a year I pretty much achieved what I set out to achieve so overall I'm real happy with the results.
On the other hand I'm also an insecure nerd and I want to look even better.
>>
>>35422858
I know what yiu are saying man, and I appriciate it. I mostly agree with you.

I just mean 'first'. Let her say it first, even if you feel it first.
>>
File: 300px-Dips.png (59 KB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
300px-Dips.png
59 KB, 300x273
Not getting serious sooner.

Seriously, if you're lurking and half-assing your lifting or not even training, fucking start.
>>
My only regret was not bringing swimming goggles to the gym on the account of all the pussy I'm swimming in, thx fit-kun
>>
>>35422635
enjoy losing all your muscle mass dumbass
>>
>>35422858

>Also, never tell a woman you love her first. Ever.

>I wouldn't make such a sweeping generalization... love isn't science. We get obsessed with getting mires, bedding women, and "becoming alpha" around here. Sometimes you need to let go of your ego. If you really want to find a lifelong companion, do you think telling her how you feel is going to hurt? I hid my emotions from people for most of my life.... I think you should be careful who you confide in, but building a wall around yourself will destroy you.

Pretty spot on here. I told my current gf that I loved her first, because I really do. However with that being said, I knew that she was already 100% invested in the relationship, so there was no room for awkward investment. I made the move first, but only because I KNEW she would reciprocate without hesitation. Now more than ever because of my gains and rekindled discipline, I know that I am the more desirable person in the relationship from an individual standpoint. If things ever went south, of course I'd be devastated, but I won't be sucked into pathetic dumped cocoon mode.
>>
>>35423800
>pathetic dumped cocoon mode

thats ya boi. its not actually that bad though, I've lost like 25lbs and am just now starting to really see my abs come through. best shape of my life rn and next time she sees me shes gon feel real dumb, im gonna be like an 8/10 in another month
>>
>>35421609
I'd like to add that beginners reading this shouldn't follow this advice. This dude's been lifting for years, and has developed habits that now come naturally by being anal about training and diet in the past, so he can afford to be lax. If you're conditioned to being a skelly or fatass and try to relax and follow your old habits, then you're progress will be shit.
>>
>>35422635
you just lost the fake weight

there are always 2 or 3 kg that you losse in seconds but then it goes slower
>>
>>35423375
Cynthia Valdez
>>
>>35421246
>>>35421203
>>It's hard for me to be comfortable with myself while I'm still on the weight loss portion of my fitness journey. I have big love handles and a shitload of stretch marks to look at everyday. The love handles will go but the stretch marks are a permanent reminder of my past failures.

Wear them like battle scars, and let them remind you every single day to never be a fat fuck again.
>>
>>35421107
I regret not partying harder when I was younger. Drinking more. Doing more drugs. Eating more cake. Eating more ice cream. Eating more garbage food. Donuts.

Now that I'm type 1 diabetic, diagnosed in 2015, fuck all that.

My goals have completely changed to:
Don't die.

Everything else is secondary.
>>
>>35424056
Picture to draw attention to my previous post because I'm really fucked up inside and want a few people on the internet to at least see my post.
>>
>>35424090
>locking knees before hips
this is why we can't have nice things
>>
im deathfat, was almost 350 pounds, dropped ~40 since then. kept saying for real this time, then giving up 2 days later cause i wanted some chocolate or takeaway.

went for a 6am walk as part of my latest attempt, saw a fellow deathfat standing outside a bakery, staring through the glass. they were waiting for it to open, so they could buy tons of sandwiches and pastries in the early morning, without dealing with the crushing shame of other people seeing them do it. felt so much disgust when i realized they were effectively me.

i regret not seeing it sooner, made me feel so dumb i lived my whole life like that.
>>
>>35422817
I guess I can see that, but I want to fuck around a lot first
>>
>>35421203
Trying everyday, anon
Godspeed, brehs
>>
>>35423293
you should def. get a new therapist. it may take a while to find a good one. as someone who has worked in a psychiatry: many of the shrinks are stupid, mentally ill, or both. but there are good ones. just try again. and stick with it. like lifting.

hope you are going to make it.
>>
>>35424056
fucking stupid advice
>>
Don't keep upping the weight unless I'm positive I'm doing it safely and properly.

Fuck SL and this whole "add 2.5lbs" every time you squat bullshit. Just like "get rick quick" is bullshit, so is its "get strong quick" promise. At least now I know not to give a fuck about how fast I'm progressing. I'll hit 3pl8 in my own damn time when I'm good and ready to do it safely and securely.
>>
File: Feeling lonely on mrs.png (521 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
Feeling lonely on mrs.png
521 KB, 800x559
No regrets, I try to learn from my mistakes

I did come to realization that I don't enjoy being around people that much. But that brings up the question; if I'm going to live a solitary life how am I supposed to get a gf

The search for truth continues next year.
>>
>>35422635
Your chances of making it
>RIP in peace
>>
File: feels.png (199 KB, 1200x1332) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
199 KB, 1200x1332
My regret isn't really something I could help too much, but it still stings.

I was well on my way to going from skinnyfat to lean, when I got pretty fucked up with some eye disease and kidney stones. Three months of hospital visits later it's under control, but it was three months of sitting and shitty eating. My family lives far away so I have only myself to depend on.

Now I'm skinnyfat again. I feel like I wasted 6 months, but at least now I can get back on the wagon...
>>
I learned that:

>the only time to start is NOW
Today is the only day that matters. Do not wait for x,y,z. Do not put it off. There will never be a perfect time. If you don't do it today you never will.

>the pain is not real
Do some research. Find the average and develop something solid from there. Once you have something you're sure isn't legitimately bad for your health all the pain, all the soreness, all those moments where you believe you cannot physically do it are all lies.
Your body is capable of considerable more than your mind thinks. Push yourself. When you reach what you think is the boundary you grit your teeth to dust if you must, scream so the whole world can witness and power through that boundary because you are the master of your fate and not your feelings.

>If you're going to do it, do it right
Get help. Ask people. Even if you're sure you're right. So many times I learned how my form was off or how my routine was inefficient and every little correction was an improvement. Also you make some good friends along the way.

>Something is better than nothing
If you can't make your usual routine for whatever reason then find some substitute. Do not decide that it's ok to skip just this one time. There are no excuses and your own self-hatred is deserved for all those times you took the easy path.

>There is no greater feeling than that of accomplishment through Discipline & Willpower
>>
>>35421107

regrets: not eating enough carbs sooner

I feel like the biggest fucking idiot for eating low-ish carb. since eating more (say 200g+) I feel stronger, and look better. and my mood is even better.

why the fuck didnt I read about glycogen sooner. in any case, im motivated as hell now to make solid gains instead of trying to make gains in low carb mode.
>>
i stopped working out and lost most gains.
>>
>>35421107
Fucked up my shoulder by keeping on benching while my shoulder started to hurt more and more.
Won't be able to bench for a few months now.
>>
>>35422635
at least take nutritional supplements so you dont die you idiot
>>
>>35424056
fucking stupid af. dont listen to this idiot. or listen to him and become even more of a slave to your desires/vices.
>>
>>35423968
Let the gains be with you, based anon
>>
File: image.jpg (309 KB, 1235x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309 KB, 1235x1600
Going to Ranger School aka the gains apocalypse.

Before School
>185lbs ~15%bf
>can run a 32 minute 5 mile, do 8 mile long runs at 6:45 pace
>225 bench, 280 squat, 405 deadlift
Post School
>175 lbs skelly, shoot up to 192 lbs with in a month and a half ~23%bf
>can barely lift because no muscle/body is fucked
>running 2 miles at 8 minute pace is exhausting

9 months later and I've gained back all of my strength and a bit more, but I'm still sitting at 192 lbs, and I'm still not where I was with my running- though I'm getting close.

Ranger School, you only have to do it once- unless you recycle.
>>
I continued squatting and diddlying knowing there was patellar tendonitis starting in my left knee.
Fucking kill me I want to DL again.
>>
>>35421107
>started eating big and lifting hard
>nice swell going by summer ~ +15 lbs
>starting to break dyel, friends, family commenting for the first time in my life
>fall hits, job gets super busy
>long days at work, come home and pass out instead of eating
>sleep til work instead of early gym sessions
>almost all gains gone, strength and weight
>back to square one
i'm so sorry /fit/ i let you down.
>>
>>35425975
why? I get that it kills your beach body bc cardio, but why does your cardio get worse?
>>
>>35425975
>>35426605
Yeah man, how did your cardio go DOWN after ranger school?
>>
>>35426665
>>35426605
Because Ranger School basically destroys your body. It's sixty days of sleep deprivation- you're sleeping 1- maybe 4 hours a night- and food deprivation- you're getting 2 MREs a day with which is about 2200 calories and expend over 3,000 in any given day.

Combined with the fact that you're doing patrols where you're walking 6km-14km daily with a +100lbs ruck through shitty terrain. That's all by design too.
>>
>>35421107
I should have switched routine after my first stall on SL and add more volume instead of deloading.
>>
>>35421190
This and not actually doing any kind of a serious diet through a whole year, my gains are minimum.
>>
>>35427233
I don't know about Ranger School, but isn't these kind of training supposed to train you mentally not physically?
>>
>>35425261
>Your body is capable of considerable more than your mind thinks. Push yourself. When you reach what you think is the boundary you grit your teeth to dust if you must, scream so the whole world can witness and power through that boundary because you are the master of your fate and not your feelings.

Beautiful.
>>
>>35421696
Sticking with the same chick that cheated on me with two different people, and becoming engaged to her even though she's still a bitch to me 90% of the time, completely unaffectionate, and doesn't appreciate anything I do. I understand that I have faults, but fuck, who doesn't, and she has just as many. Could have been with at least 5 other chicks this year, but I passed on them to stay with her even though she fucked up, cheated, and left me. Even let her fuck up my lifting routine and now it's infrequent as shit.

If I'd chosen to stay single after she left me instead of getting back with her and just focused on the gym and my gains, life would be a lot different had I decided not to get back with her. These days I feel trapped and have mixed feelings about whether or not I want to get away or stay and endure it.

>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>35427351
Yeah, if trains you mentally by breaking you physically to help simulate the conditions and stress you'd face in combat.
>>
>>35421107
>Biggest fitness regrets and lessons of 2015
Don't be discouraged when you hit a platue.
>>
>>35421107
Don't get addicted to pharmaceutical painkillers
Fucks up your test
>>
>>35421609
I just lift hard/heavy and eat a shit ton but I'm a perma bulking idiot. at least my back and knee pain has gone away,.
>>
Not doing glute/ham accessories after squats and deads. My dead 1rm shot right up in the last 5 months.
>>
>>35427743
fucking cut that bitch off , fucking end the relationship now bro . do it before new years and you will be healthier all the way around
>>
>>35429121
Every time I try, I let her drag me back in with temporary affection and kindness that lasts a few hours tops. I don't know how to get away from someone I've spent 18 months with. Not to mention she has a two year old that turns three next month and a one year old turning two in March that I've grown incredibly close to. Neither kid is mine, but the bonding time I've had with them makes it that much harder.
>>
>>35429204
you either find the will to do it now or you will rot in bitterness and self loathing until she either gets rid of you or you die . 38yr old bro who was in a similar situation for a year and change in my mid 20's . I loved that chick when we in our early teens and got back with her 3 times over the course of a decade. fucking cut the cancer out . you dont have to be a total cunt about it but its what you need to do man
>>
File: 1434592173702s.jpg (7 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1434592173702s.jpg
7 KB, 187x250
As always, I just regret my lack of self-discipline and inconsistencies of habit. Like all the days I said "tomorrow/monday I'll really start doing this", the excuses, the times I ate badly thinking it's OK because it will be the last time.

I'm already aware of how I'm fooling myself when I tell myself those, even while I'm doing them, but it doesn't help.

And I also regret the wasted time in general. I often find myself in situations where I wish I had done this or that earlier, and then I feeling every minute I spent doing nothing or doing something silly (if not self-destructive) instead.

Just typical end-of-year regrets I guess. They hit me particularly hard when it comes to /fit/-related stuff because I always travel to beach cities with my family this time of year and I hate taking my shirt off and feeling like regular Joe.
>>
>>35424507
I don't know man. I don't think I'm mentally stable enough to deal with another shrink right now. I've been trying to handle it on my own for the last two years and it worked really well up until last winter.
>>
>>35429276
Looks like I know what I have to do. Thanks anons.
>>
>>35427743

Sounds like you know what the right choice here is man, get out before it's too late...I just dumped my gf of 3 months yesterday for a lot less. Being single can be pretty good.
>>
>>35424090
>that bulge
>>
File: 1393204730602.jpg (160 KB, 590x419) Image search: [Google]
1393204730602.jpg
160 KB, 590x419
That apparently I had been doing my diet incorrectly this whole fucking year. Though I was hitting 1600 calories, I was putting way too many cals into carbs and not enough into fat and protein.

Now I have to find foods that I can regularly make for my new diet setup and it's gonna take forever
>>
File: 1449807389275.jpg (25 KB, 348x343) Image search: [Google]
1449807389275.jpg
25 KB, 348x343
I went vegan and have a hard time counting calories in my meals. That combined with the holidays and dating has resulted in my putting on 2-2.5lbs recently.

It's not a big deal and I'll drop it in a week or two, but I hate weighing in and not seeing a lower number.

Started dating a cute nympho that sends me nudes all day while I'm working, though. So I got that.
>>
i didnt say hi to her at least once this entire semester because i am a foolish coward
>>
>>35421134
le SS is a meme meme :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x750
>>35423073
Damn, I think I'm falling prey to the same problem. I keep telling myself I'm doing well by eating more than I ever have, but even at an average daily caloric intake of 2100 calories, my weight continues to drop. I'll do better, it's clear that I'm not eating enough.
>>
File: yeahok.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yeahok.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Shoulda said yes
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 742x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 742x434
>>35426521
You're in a better position now than ever before. You know exactly how much effort it will take to get where you want to be, and you already know what the path is like. This is familiar ground for you, and next time work gets busy or life gets in the way, you'll be better prepared to handle it. One foot in front of the other, anon.
>>
>>35429628
>Now I have to find foods that I can regularly make for my new diet setup and it's gonna take forever
So get to it
>>
File: NPonP.jpg (183 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
NPonP.jpg
183 KB, 1280x800
>>35423073
I'm not an expert, but how did your anorexia returned, did you decide that eating more was useless?
Because if tha's the case, then it's just a relapse and every doctor will tell you that having a relapse once isn't bad, it's actually a must so you really get to understand what you've lost and grab the bull by the horns once again, but now with more determination than when you started.

A deficit of 60% of your TDEE is called a cut, not bulk.
First make sure to eat 1gr per pound bodyweight, you can drink double doses of whey for this, works quicker and you'll be less full, protein builds/repairs muscles and you want muscles so...at leats you won't be losing gains like this.

Eat whole grains like whole bread with stuff like peanutbutter, nutella, jam, you can take items with sugar in it. (eat 4 to 8 slices a day, that's enough to survive 2 lunches).

So, i hope you can switch your mindset from thinking that skinny is the way to go into being big is the way to go.

"Eat whatever you want, when you want." sounds good to me and safe pic related and put it somewhere you can see it daily for motivation.
>>
>>35424090
holy shit sauce
>>
File: 1450065637093.jpg (188 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450065637093.jpg
188 KB, 797x1000
>>35422812
>meet a girl
>she's perfect for you in every way
>loves, respects, and admires you
>kinda shy and not sure ifn you're interested
>leaves you because she thinks you dont care about her because you never said "i love you" because you took dating advice fron a 16 year old on a closet homosexual fitness board

Brilliant post mate. Let me guess you started messing around with a cluster B personality girl with intentions of having something casual, but you soon caught feelings because you were so lonely and having someone around felt good. After getting clingy and telling her you love her after three weeks of casual sex and watching movies you spook her and she starts getting flaky until you demand an explanation and she says you guys would be better off as friends.

To which you respond "all women are whores"
>>
>>35421107
I've had like 7 whole cheat days this month because of the holidays.
>>
>>35421107
>giving up swimming to lift
I gave up swimming because the closest heated pool is 45 minutes away (Arizona doesn't believe in indoor pools) and the local gym is $20 cheaper a month for a membership. I gained some mass, but my tone is shit now and I lost my abs from swimming 800-1500 yds of butterfly a day. My lifting buddy keeps saying they'll come back, but I just feel like I continue bulking no matter how much cardio I do.
>inb4 shit diet
That's going to be my change for 2016. I'm actually going to have to count calories now that my workouts aren't entirely cardio anymore.
>>
>>35421107
After lurking on fit for a year I finally joined a gym and started lifting
>>
>>35431246
>I'm not an expert, but how did your anorexia returned, did you decide that eating more was useless?
Anorexia is a condition based on control. I found I was losing control in life and I subconciously started controlling my food more. When I realized I had already dropped 17 lb and couldn't break the cycle. After the first relapse I relapset twice more.
>every doctor will tell you that having a relapse once isn't bad, it's actually a must so you really get to understand what you've lost and grab the bull by the horns once again.
Relapses in anorexia is very often deadly. Not only are you wrong thinking a relapse isn't bad, it usually sets people back years if they survive. If.
>A deficit of 60% of your TDEE is called a cut, not bulk.
I was being sarcastic. I thought that was pretty obvious.
>i hope you can switch your mindset from thinking that skinny is the way to go into being big is the way to go.
It is about control, not weight. The weight part is secundary.
>"Eat whatever you want, when you want." sounds good to me
Except the anorexia part.

Nice pic though.
>>
>>35421594

>100% me famliy

I started slowly in Feb and became more committed as time passed.

Thankfully my gains got me the confidence to go after this qt3.14 latina I had my eye on earlier in the year. Couldn't be happier.

I'm going to start meal prepping around March of this year (too much happening Jan/Feb) so I'll be perfectly cut for summer months.

Looking forward to 2016 brahs. So much can happen for me.
>>
>>35421107
Tore my tricep moving our office to a new location, couldnt lift for 6 weeks and could only do a smallass routine like SS for another six

Dont help people move shit around if they can hire someone to do it, fuck helping others its not worth it
>>
File: 64960.jpg (78 KB, 730x442) Image search: [Google]
64960.jpg
78 KB, 730x442
Bought myself a mountainbike in August 2014, best buy ever because since then I found my way back in my gym, where I had a membership for about 4 years.
Been only training upper body on machines, because doing heavy biking this year. That was my biggest mistake.
Still lost a lot of weight, gained a lot of endurance and made a little muscle.
After the weather got to cold to bike and one lucky evening where I was alone in the gym (Saturday...) I finally approached the power rack and blew out my first sets of squats and bench pressing. Immediately hooked on that shit I researched a little and wanted to start 5x5 SL.
There I realized that my gym only has 2 power racks and they are regularly taken until 2300 in the evening, so I got myself the equipment for a home gym and left my shitty gym.
Made more progress in a month of SL than in a year with machines...

Tl,dr:
Cardio is fun, machines suck and better now than never I'm making real gains with a barbell.
>>
File: 1451183879082.jpg (40 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1451183879082.jpg
40 KB, 1024x683
Last year I met a man who was a lot like me, but did more. As I got to know him I realized that the only thing that really separated us was that he never said 'but', he just did what needed to be done, with no excuses. There is no excuse for excuse, he told me. It hit me that I use a lot of excuses, and decided to stop doing it immediatly.
Since then I've gotten fit, climbed 4 mountains, loved and lost, gotten into the career path I wanted and have forced myself outside my comfort zone so that I could reach beyond those stupid limits that I've always set around me. It works and I finally feel free for the first time in my life.

Thanks, Michael. I hope you read this.
>>
>>35422846
>meat is natty
>>
>>35434981
Shoo, pedovegan
>>
>>35434596
That image is the center of comfort zone, it's a man going hiking in the snow.

That text would have been better suited on an image with a man shoveling shit.
>>
>>35433975
>Made more progress in a month of SL than in a year with machines...
Let's make a poster of this
>>
>>35435079
>I have never hiked in a blizzard.
>I have, however, shoveled shit.
>>
File: Cute-Kitten-1280x1024.jpg (429 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cute-Kitten-1280x1024.jpg
429 KB, 1280x1024
My biggest regret was not giving myself a solid base to work from ie SS

I had intended to go overseas but I was really disorganised and didn't feel ready

I had been working out for a few months prior to the date I had intended to leave so I made some gains. Cycled LGD for a while there which worked a treat.

My routine throughout to this point has been a bastardisation of PPL, as in, I push pull or lift whatever I feel like on a given day.

I feel like I would have made even more gains if I hadn't shortcutted my way to an ok body and started with SS and then move to the PHIR with more structure.

I also learnt that DNP is magical, sure it may be a little risky but I think it's overstated due to morons not doing their research/taking precautions.

I also learnt not to get in the way of furious cats, their bites are no joke, I just lost a week and was in a great deal of pain from a cat biting my knuckle due to the resultant inflammation and minor infection...and the seven holes in my hand
>>
File: IMG_2622.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2622.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>35435079
typical basement dweller, never been outside.

I'm an aspiring mountain climber and shit like this hits me right in the feels.

>tfw neckbeards will never know the fear & suffering that is carrying a 45 lb pack up a snow covered mountain at high altitude in bad weather.
>>
>>35435208
This.
>>35435079
You have never challenged yourself, have you
>>
>>35435201
>but I think it's overstated due to morons not doing their research/taking precautions
>I think

I know who's not been doing his research
>>
half the year was spent as an alcoholic.
>>
File: 1428951761709.jpg (305 KB, 1794x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428951761709.jpg
305 KB, 1794x1080
>>35421107
I forgot to eat
>>
>>35435343
Naughty bunny roo
>>
>>35421107
I learned the LSD is one hell of a preworkout
>>
>>35435269

haha, well memed

enjoy your 4 month cut.
>>
File: 1428663983985.jpg (367 KB, 1024x402) Image search: [Google]
1428663983985.jpg
367 KB, 1024x402
>>35435370
All your memes belong to Sergei
>>
>>35423752
this right here
>>
>>35435428
I'm skelly, senpai. Permabulk ftw :)
>>
>>35424540
This this this this. Hurt my back over the summer pushing my squat past 120kg and deadlift past 150kg when I really should have taken 30kg off each and improved form. Had to take six weeks off and recover slow, and I was lucky.

Next year: listen to my body first, numbers only second, ego last.
>>
>>35429348
Not them but sympathise. Godspeed, anon!
>>
File: 1418868390527.jpg (70 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1418868390527.jpg
70 KB, 624x480
Had a nervous breakdown and ended up in a psych ward for bulimia/suicidal depression for a couple of days.
binge ate for three months and gained 17 pounds.

but all the self-loathing motivated me to draw a lot more and I got accepted into a top animation school. So at least there's that.
Now I will just sit here and wait for some anavar to show up in the mail.
>>
Good luck in 2016, every anon who truly pushes themselves to make it!
>>
lessons of 2015:

1) dirty bulking == increasing bodyfat

2) each body is unique, and for a particular body, the body parts are all unique too. because of this variation, guidelines for volume/intensity/periodicity will never be more than guidelines

3) supplements may be as important as diet in determining fecal outcomes
>>
>>35436553
>supplements may be as important as diet in determining fecal outcomes
Thanks for that, based nightmare.
>>
>>35435124
>>35435208
>>35435244
Literally buttplug.
>>
>>35436439
Thanks anon.

Actual fitness related lesson: when you're being /fraud/, always have AI on-hand regardless of dosage, especially if you know you're estrogen/gyno prone for whatever reason #fuckyougenetics
>>
>>35422812
>100lb club
pls be talking about body weight and not 1/2/3/4
>>
I have no regrets but I have learned to hit the gym every day. I basically have no reason to live if I don't try to make myself a sikkunt every day.

Life is too precious brehs. We're all going to make it if we try.
>>
>>35437992
or dumbbells
>>
File: hankmad.jpg (32 KB, 629x351) Image search: [Google]
hankmad.jpg
32 KB, 629x351
>>35421208
nofap is a myth you fucking faggot. why would you deny yourself the pleasure of cumming? arnold was cumming in the fucking gym and cumming at home when he was fucking bitchs. so you sitting alone at home not masturbating trying to reach some retarded goal is so fucking stupid i want to slap you in the fucking head
>>
>>35438153
>not gonna make it
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.