[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NY Resfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: New-Years-Goals.png (143 KB, 443x306) Image search: [Google]
New-Years-Goals.png
143 KB, 443x306
>Fitness resolutions for the New Year
>Life resolutions for the New Year
>Party Plans for the New Year

Post em
>>
I don't make new years resolutions because I'm not a weak willed bitch,
>>
>>35420817
There's nothing weak about setting goals, faggot.

It's only weak if you give up on them.
>>
>>35420807
Continue upon my path!
Get a better fucking job...
Take a shit then sleep.
>>
>>35420837

It's weak if you set them on new years

You will be like every other resolutioner who fails two weeks in
>>
>>35420894
Your logic is flawed
>>
>>35420906

Your discipline is flawed
>>
>>35420894
I bet you won't celebrate new years either because you don't follow the herd.
>>
>>35420894
>http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/minds-business/why-monday-is-the-best-day-for-setting-new-goals.html

Actually research suggests starting goals at the start of a new week, month or year has been proven more effective in maintaining habits and completing goals.
>>
>>35420807
I don't do it at all. If you want to start with something new/ better, why not in this exact moment? You would be 2 days ahead of every other new-years-resolutiin-guy out there. Also by setting up resolutions for the new year you put instant gratification for some imaginary future before actually doing something and feeling good after
>>
>>35420931
Despite the facts, one out of 10 NY newcomers quit by march at my gym
I've seen it happen and only know of one guy who actually has been coming for 2 years since his resolution
>>
1/2/3/4 is my first weightlifting goal. I want to get good at running as well but I don't know what a respectable stat is for that. 40 minute 10k?

Learn French, learn how to draw (already started on these)
Getting out of my job would be nice but I'm kind of locked in at the moment. Maybe go to university after that

Be invited to a party
>>
>>35420807
> Go to a gym, rather than do huge amounts of reps with 20 lb barbells
> fuck a girl
>parents are having a party
>>
>>35420953
Some people are simply never going to stick to any goals they set. More people set goals at new year's eve than any other time hence there's a higher percentage of failures. Don't lump everyone in with those losers.
>>
>>35420917
Your logic has failed twice
>>
If it takes a new year for you to set a goal, chances are that it isn't important enough for you to start right away and you'll likely fail.
the typical attitude of "I'll start my diet tomorrow".

95/100 of you will fail after 2-3 months time and every year the gym veterans see this, it's a fact. You're all weak willed and if you actually wanted to change, you would start NOW.
>>
>>35420953
that's a really dumb and flawed way of looking at it. that's still 1 person that sticks with it. you've probably had 40 other people join at other points during the year and quit in a month or a week. besides the thread wasn't "post your resolution to join a gym"
>>
>>35420894
i succeeded last year by gaining 25lb
>>
>>35420953
1 out of 10 quit? That's a great stat
>>
File: Frista_01.jpg (47 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Frista_01.jpg
47 KB, 600x338
found my new goalbody
going for it
>>
>>35421019
It would be if it weren't for the fact that its a small gym and we get maybe 20 new members all year, I'm definitely sure we have less than 100 people

>>35421004
That's a really dumb and flawed way of looking at it since it refutes that more people stick to their goals at new years since most of them fail anyway
I don't even understand what you're saying in the rest of your post
Bottom line, NY resfags doing it for new years are fucking up, they should be doing it for girls
>>
>>35421040
>found my new goalbody

Does it include the mustache?
>>
Stop drinking cola. Send help.
>>
I'll be doing my yearly NYR routine for the first two weeks of january during peak hours. I don't usually go during that time, so none of the staff should know me.

>smith machine+pussypad 1/4 rom squats
>scared cat deadlifts
>machine leg extensions
>dumbell flies
>upright rows
>behind the neck ohp
>behind the neck lat pulldown

Hopefully I can make one of the trainers shit himself or have a heart attack.
>>
>>35421068
I'm so thankful I've never really had an affinity for soda.
>>
>>35421052

>It would be if it weren't for the fact that its a small gym and we get maybe 20 new members all year, I'm definitely sure we have less than 100 people
why are you even commenting?
the science presented to you refutes you.
go. be gone with you
>>
>>35421069
Or maybe you will just hurt yourself like you're trying to
>>
>>35420807
>>Fitness resolutions for the New Year

Lose 50 lbs by the end of May

>>Life resolutions for the New Year

Don't fuck up at college again.

>>Party Plans for the New Year

Bring visiting friends to a party, try to make him do crazy shit
>>
Hit 1/2/3/4

Finish first year of uni

House party at my friend's place, zero chance of smashing but w/e
>>
>>35420807
Why start at new year when you can start now?
(and this goes for all future goals/planning)
>>
>bench 3 plate
>rack pull 6 plate
>get good looking shoulders
>get under 90kg

>save 10k
>clear credit card
>do as many certifications my work will pay for

>stop doing speed
>drink less
>smoke less (both sorts of smoking)

Bench will be the hardest I think, but if I do flat bench once a week doing 5x5, adding the tiny increments required every week, and keep doing my incline db once a week as well, I should make it. I'm at 2 plate atm
>>
>>35422503
OH FUCK I thought you meant party plans for the entire year, not what I'm doing NYE. Probably hit up one of the desperate fat girls I know and smash? I'm seriously not in the mood to apply effort to find quality pussy, just somewhere to deposit my semen.
>>
>>35422503
>save 10k
>clear credit card

Are you me? I'm hoping to have credit cleared by June and $10k saved up by November at which point I can quit my job and get my payout which should be around $15k. Then want to go back to university, get a part time job and use the $25k as a savings kitty.
>>
File: 2ca.jpg (8 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
2ca.jpg
8 KB, 200x194
5'4 and 240lbs currently
i'm tired of living like this and i'm tired of hiding inside because i think i'm too disgusting to go out!
i've been fat since i was a baby because of my mam's overfeeding habits (even her pets are obese!!) and i never learnt how to BE healthy
but no more, i need to get /fit/ not just to look good but for my health as well! all of my anxiety issues are centred around my weight and my health
i dropped out of school and lost all of my friends over these anxieties and body image issues. i haven't gone outside apart from doctor visits in the past 2 years.

this new year i'm going to turn a new page in my life and stop feeling sorry for myself
i'm going to get fit and go places and make friends again
i'll finally get to act like a god damn human being
>>
>>35420957
40 minute 10k is pretty bold, even hitting a 20 minute 5k isn't easy, for me at least.

Over the summer I ran a 5k 4 to 5 times per week for 3 months and my time at the end was 22:??
>>
File: limbo.jpg (18 KB, 540x328) Image search: [Google]
limbo.jpg
18 KB, 540x328
>>35422590
Do it faggot
>>
>>35422618
I'll do it!
>>
>>35421068
Drink seltzer, it's delicious
>>
>>35420807
100kg bench, 80kg push press, 140kg squat and 200kg deadlift. All this till end dezember

Getting my shit together

> party plans
> party
> plans

Kill yourself.
>>
>>35420807
lose 15 kilos
get gf
get better grades

or i could just kill myself
>>
>>35421065

He'd be homosexual if it didn't.
>>
Join the 1000 lbs club
Become more flexible, take yoga classes

Increase my lifts like this:
Bench 100kg -> 120kg
Squat 120kg -> 140kg
Deadlift 165kg -> 200kg
OHP 67.5kg -> 80 kg
Bodyweight 93kg ~15% bf -> 100kg 10-12% bf

But while also beginning to focus more on bodybuilding and being ripped. Does /fit/ think that goal is possible?

I've already in my head named 2016 the year of effort. Ideally I want to be "working" (fitness/law study/job) from 8 AM- 8 PM everyday. Be a busy, working man. Stop browsing the web mindlessly and actually do something worthwhile at most times.

Hanging out with 2 good buddies at my apartment
>>
>>35420807
keep losing weight until my love handles go away, even if i do look like a skeleton.

buy a dumbell and bench so i can start lifting when i move out of my parents basement and into my own apartment.
>>
Graduate with a 2.1 in Aero Engineering
Cut to 12-13% bf while maintaining 1/2/~3/~4
Run half marathon faster than last year (1.34)
Stop getting annihilated in clubs and shagging fat chicks
>>
>Fitness Resolutions
Get below 200lbs

>Life Resolutions
Find a nice girl, continue my career progress

>Party Plans
House party
>>
>>35422179
>Finish first year of uni
Set higher bro, first year is as easy as pissing.
Try extracurricular, get work experience in the field you're studying.
>>
>>35420807
>Achieve 1/2/3/4
>Be able to swim for half an hour without stopping
>Pull off a summer cut and look like a sick cunt

>All A's
>Internship
>Fug some bitches

>Implying
>>
>>35424602
Yeah, I barely turned up in the second semester of first year and still passed. My course didn't count first year results towards my final grade anyway.
>>
>>35425014
And honestly, second year doesn't count that much toward it anyways. Apart from core modules in second, it's like 4%. Third year is like 80% of your course, and the first time uni starts getting truly difficult, like second year can be tough, but third is the only time your stress is truly justified.
>>
File: 1419985234193.jpg (22 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
1419985234193.jpg
22 KB, 500x266
get my torn ACL fixed, recover by year's end and focus on workouts regardless, basically do my best regarding circumstances
eat clean again, include cheat days
stop doing cocaine, stop smoking weed, only drink red wine
learn a new skill
throwing a kickback and making healthfood hors d'oeuvres and chilling with pals
>>
Make it.
>>
>>35420807
>Fitness
Get back to 4plate DL
>Life
Pass my prelims and advance to candidacy
>Party
Stay the course
>>
>>35420807

>>Fitness resolutions for the New Year
End the dreamerbulk. 25% body fat to 13-14% within 8 months. Easily doable goal with minimal muscle loss hopefully.
>>Life resolutions for the New Year
Get enough money to go back to university to do my MA degree and work towards a PhD.
Get Invisalign to sort out my fucked up front tooth
>>Party Plans for the New Year
Go to a party.
>>
File: 1433709034375.jpg (127 KB, 640x740) Image search: [Google]
1433709034375.jpg
127 KB, 640x740
>>35420807

Going to do much more cardio and generally try to increase endurance and flexibillity, feel really sluggish right now and that needs to change ASAP.
A ton of things, but mainly sorting things out like medical checkups, accounts, stacks if papers which collect dust etc.
Also finally getting shit done in university and finding a job. Maybe even travel somewhere, who knows?
Invited to several parties, cant decide right now. One is with a ton of sloots and booze, but some of the people there want me dead. The other one is with just a small circle of old friends, fast and painless, but the host can be uncomfortable and it seems luke he only invites me because he has no one else. Also a third option which is just chilling at home and stay with familly, but that shut tends to go south fast in general.

I dunno man, parties are not really my thing, but it seems like the only thing people sociallize around nowadays.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.