[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One day at a time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 13350707065.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
13350707065.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hello /fit/

Today I got my first 495lb deadlift - I even did a 500lb one right after just because my power-lifting coach would have said something along the lines, "why didn't you throw 2.5 lbs each side for an even 500?"

It was about 2.5 years ago, when I just turned 21, that I pulled my first 4 plate deadlift. With school and life getting in the way, it took time to reach where I am now.

I haven't been a regular here for years. I just thought I would come back and post this to hopefully give you guys some positivity and to also thank you. I discovered /fit/ when I was 19, and it (and especially the sticky) has been a staple to my training. I intially came here to look buff and big to inflate my ego, but then I learned that I disliked the vanity. What made me keep going was the thought of climbing the mountain that never ends. It's a lot like life, it never just one day gets easy, there are constant challenges that you must face.

Don't let the narcissism and popular idols here that turned me away from /fit/ get in the way of being strong, but also in continuously improving in all aspects of yourself. Learn to lift, learn to laugh, learn to love, and learn to share wisdom.

Keep at it, boys. One day at a time.
>>
File: 1450333955151.jpg (33 KB, 495x413) Image search: [Google]
1450333955151.jpg
33 KB, 495x413
>pulled my first deadlift
>pulled
>pull
>deadlift

R U avin a giggle M8?
>>
>>35420028
Muscles can only pull, anon.

Also, memeing aside, it's best described as a pull.

>>35419871
Don't let shit get in the way next time anon. I haven't missed a training day since I've started in September 2013 besides when I had the flu. That includes working 25-30 hours and taking 17 units this last semester, and now I deadlift 600. It's not a matter of having time, it's making it.
>>
>>35419871
good job dude
pr is 450 atm, but i<m doing MFT28 right now, so it wont increase for the next month.
are you going full strenght or you going hyperthrofy too
>>
>>35419871
Im not impressed.
I pulled 500 after like 2 years of training
>>
>>35420280
i<m not OP, but could you please do the world a favor and kill yourself
>>
Can I see progress pics anon
>>
>>35420290
Why? this thread is just one massive humble brag.
Congrats you pulled 500, after multiple years of training and PL coach, that isn't impressive.
500 is an average pull for someone who does PL on a team.
>>
>>35420280
He wasn't bragging about it you insecure little boy. Not everyone puts getting a good deadlift at the top of their priorities list and that's fine.
>>
>>35420312
He wasn't looking for congrats. Just about anyone even remotely into PL knows how average a 500 dead is. Doing it in 2 years isn't even remotely impressive either. It's not a numbers thread.
>>
>>35420339
>>35420312
>>35420280
>a 500 lb deadlift isn't a lot
I played two varsity sports in college and maybe half a dozen athletes could deadlift 500. There may have that many random gym autists in the student body who could lift that much but when varsity football players don't go anywhere near that weight, it's big.
>>
>>35420280
2 years ? Ha don't make me laugh, I lifted 500lbs within 2 months
>>
>>35420376
I agree, but numbers that are monstrous to your average person, or even an athlete that doesn't train exclusively for strength, are basically beginner tier when it comes to actual powerlifting, amateur or competitive.
>>
>>35419871

I'm on my way
>>
>>35419871
post physique
no homo
>>
>>35420543

Depending on his weight class, they could be pretty solid in powerlifting as well. Sure, its nothing special for a big guy but for anyone below 198 its more than amateur tier.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.