[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on dairy vs almond milk, /fit/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20151229_222231.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3088) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151229_222231.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3088
Red pill me on dairy vs almond milk, /fit/.
>>
>>35418733
Well.. One is milk, one isn't?
>>
>>35418733
Find the unsweetened variety of Almond Milk for optimum health gains.
>>
>>35418733
GOAMAD > GOMAD
>>
eh milk is pretty shit tier to drink. only good if you're using it in a recipe or trying to gain weight.

i prefer not to drink cow milk cause that shit fucks my stomach up if i drink too much
>>
Question: is it better to make your own almond milk, or does it not make a difference?
>>
File: a v m.jpg (136 KB, 601x716) Image search: [Google]
a v m.jpg
136 KB, 601x716
>>35418767
No family, you're wrong
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>35418767
Almonds simply do not provide the same hormonal profile as homo milk
>>
>>35418733
If you're like me, and have been drinking whole dairy milk your entire life, stick with it.

The change in consistency is too jarring between whole milk, skim/reduced milk, and alternative milk.
>>
Unsweetened almond milk is healthier in pretty much every single way unless you need the protein. If you already eat a lot of meat, cheese, protein powder, beans, etc then non-dairy is so much better. Once you hit your daily required protein, more protein is not necessarily better contrary to popular /fit/ belief. As for the taste, a lot of people hate almond milk but I think it's good, tastes better than dairy imo.
>>
>>35418876

>"""""healthier"""""
>>
What about cashew milk
>>
>>35418820
yeah not saying there's nothing wrong with drinking milk.. just not worth the macros imo. and personally i cant stomach a lot of milk well so maybe im biased
>>
File: Fairlife-Milk.jpg (412 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Fairlife-Milk.jpg
412 KB, 2000x2000
This stuff is pricey, but makes regular milk better in every way (higher protein and calcium, lower fat, tastes solid).

Almond milk is still lower calorie though and makes almost zero difference in recipes.

Both kick ass, pick the one that does what you need your milky substances to do.
>>
>>35418967
>better in every way
>lower fat

Literally low test
>>
Infographic from Cleveland Clinic site.
>>
>2015
>not drinking activated almond milk
>>
>>35418820
>>35418899
Idk what you're not seeing here? I think you're just being irrationally mad because LE EVIL VEGANS LE ANIMAL PRODUCT ALWAYS BETTER. I'm not even vegan, it's just actually better in every way outside of protein. Higher calcium, significantly lower calorie, potassium, waaay more nutrient dense, lower carb if that's your thing. I mean really, why do you think dairy milk is better outside of memes? Soon this board will be filled with threads saying vegetables are evil and way worse for you than pork rinds, because annoying evil vegans eat vegetables and nothing associated with veganism is acceptable.
>>
>>35419011

>30 cal per cup
>nutrient dense

kekkles
>>
>>35419011
>it's just actually better in every way outside of protein

By weight cow's milk is much more nutritious than any other "milk"

And protein is arguably the most important macro when it comes to lifting
>>
File: img_0928.jpg (992 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_0928.jpg
992 KB, 3264x2448
>>35418983

Good point. Didn't mention they also have it in 2% and whole and chocolate. Didn't check nutrition compared w/ regular chocolate or whole, but
Fairlife's 2% has the same calorie content and fat content as regular milk, but lower sugars, which in this case translates to more protein.
>>
>>35419022
>what is cutting

>>35419030
More protein != always better. If your diet is lacking protein and you're not hitting your macros, I clearly said dairy milk is better. For most people on here, they are greatly exceeding, sometimes even fucking tripling the amount of protein they need. I also don't see anything to support your first statement, can you explain?
>>
>>35419054
What's wrong with eathing "too much" protein?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 219x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 219x330
Does anyone ever buy milk from a local organic dairy, usually comes in a glass bottle like pic related? It's so damn tasty, I wish it wasn't twice as expensive as normal milk. I almost never pay extra for organic but with milk it actually makes a taste difference.
>>
>>35419291
>I wish it wasn't twice as expensive as normal milk
That's how much milk actually costs. The shit you get at the supermarket is just the idea of milk.
>>
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 1400x2065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 1400x2065
>drink milk literally everyday
>been doing this since a child
>only miss a few days a month

Could this have any negative health defects?
>>
>>35419291

I'm skeptical of the organic > GMO thing. But gotta agree w/ you here. Grass-fed butter is also way superior to regular. What creates the fast difference? Gotta' look into it, have no idea.
>>
>>35419221
for me, its gout attacks. im 21y/o. i wish i was joking
>>
>>35419346
buMp
>>
>>35419046

I like how they feel the need to point out that milk "contains milk".
>>
I do almond milk simply because I'm doing keto and it doesn't have any sugar. Otherwise, yes, clearly real milk has more protein, etc.
>>
>>35419346

Doubt it

Don't listen to any memers say milk causes cancer or some shit
>>
>>35418733
The real question is how do they make almond milk? Nuts don't even got titties
>>
I live in Ireland and we probably have the best milk in the world. All our dairy cows are grass fed and the milk tastes gorgeous, creamy and smooth not like that chalky sweet shit you get everywhere else.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.