[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does eating clean make a noticeable difference to your body composition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Brehs.png (404 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Brehs.png
404 KB, 500x496
Does eating clean make a noticeable difference to your body composition?

Say I was getting my micronutrients but still occasionally eating biscuits, donuts and cheez whiz for example, would it actually benefit to switch to a macro controlled diet and would it result in a lower BF and better muscle preservation?

This is all assuming maintenance calories and excluding excercise, so does clean eating stand on its own and and there any good scholarly articles around that discuss this?
>>
>>35416638
Any sources you can cite for this brah?
>>
Depending on your definition of clean it might have a significant impact on your health. Body composition less so, as long as things like cals and prots are in check.
>>
>>35416629
OP it matters hugely what you eat, calories in calories out and IIFYM are huge meme diets. There was one stidy i read that had people on a 2000 calorie diet of whole healthy foods vs a group that was on a 2000 high sugar and fat diet and the latter group suffered in every health indicating department.
>>
>>35416853
You should read you dipshit he said body composition not health. Unhealthy food will obviously make you unhealthy but not necessarily ugly.
>>
>>35416876
You should learn how to read dip shit
>and would it result in a lower BF and better muscle preservation
It says that right in his post, body composition doesnt mean what you think it means moron. Fuck off dumbass.
>>
>>35416629

It would largely affect satiety, weight of undigested food, and sodium (water retention by association) intake. If you ate
physically thicker foods, it might result in temporary bloating as might increased sodium result in temporary water retention.
>>
File: Detox meme brehz.jpg (186 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Detox meme brehz.jpg
186 KB, 500x500
>>35416935
Sodium intake can be offset with more water intake though anon, but I agree with you on satiety; eggs, beans, legumes and high fibre foods are top-tier for keeping you full and satisfied.

The question was, however: Does clean eating change your body composition?
>>
>>35416986

Assuming proper nutrition and water intake, probably not in terms of LBM or Body Fat.
>>
>>35417015
>Probably not
So are you saying that increasing LBM and test is the main way to looking lean at any given weight? What's been your experience on leaning out?
Please clarify anon.
>>
>>35417053

Thermic effect of food varies somewhat; one could assume a doughnut digests faster than a slab of steak, but assuming the same calorie intake, it's somewhat expected to be similar.
>>
>>35417084
So, satiety again?
>>
Do keep in mind food has different effects, as foods at certain times regulate hormones that may "loosen up" fat among other tings
I'd say yeah it does matter, but have some donuts like once a week if you want man
>>
Some people just blow up and retain water like hell if they eat heavily processed carbs (pizzas, chinese, french fries, hotpockets, whatever).

There's a reason no one who ever looked good has endorsed IIFYM and it's only a meme done by fatasses online and jason blaha.
>>
I've done both iifym type eating and extremely clean eating with bro foods(chicken, eggs brocolli, rice ect all day) and I can tell you with absolute confidence that I noticed I looked way way better on the bro diet. It was pretty hard to maintain but my body composition looked so much better, especially in the gym. Might be considered bro science but it definitely had an effect on me.
>>
>>35417326
So were you bulking or maintaining at that time? If you gained any LBM at that time, of course you were going to look better.
>>
>>35417283
More than likely due to the crazy amounts of sodium in those foods anon, people don't drink enough water daily as it is for the most part; so slamming down up to 8-10g of sodium in a day is going to make anyone balloon up in no time.
>>
>>35417342
mate IIFYM is broscience for people who are on roids, just eat clean or stop going to the gym you fucking faggot
>>
>>35417110

Pretty much. Only way I could see it going wrong is having too much trans/saturated fats.
>>
File: lcGtFIJ[1].jpg (142 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lcGtFIJ[1].jpg
142 KB, 500x500
>>35417367
Jeez mate, calm your tits.

If you bothered to read the OP, the question is about body composition being affected by clean eating at maintenance and excluding excercise.
>>
>>35417427
it does, if you studied your cell biology you would know this
>>
>>35417445
Give some sources on this and I'd be happy to read them anon.
>>
>>35417458
my molecular cell biology handbook from uni
>>
>>35417505
Any PDF sources laddy?
>>
does it make sense to eat the same number of calories each day?

calculators say I should eat around 3250-3500 on a bulk, and I workout every other day, so im thinking of eating 3500 on a workout day, and 3000 on a rest day

hopefully this would give recomp results and i might gain muscle with no fat gain (or small fat gain), but im worried this will result in no gainz all round

thoughts, brahs?
>>
>>35417540
(or small fat LOSS)**
>>
>>35417537
http://ftp.dsma.dp.ua/211/ENG/Other/Alberts%20-%20Essential%20Cell%20Biology%203rd%20ed.pdf
have fun with it man
>>
>>35417622
Will do!
>>
File: thisShit.jpg (29 KB, 456x304) Image search: [Google]
thisShit.jpg
29 KB, 456x304
>>35416629
Oh jesus. Eating clean is the biggest broscience there is.

Can anybody even define what "clean" food is? This a rhetorical question, of course, because nobody will give you the same answer, and it all comes down to a psuedoreligious notion of food as good/blessed/healthy and evil/cursed/unhealthy.

If you use the term "clean eating" unironically as if it has any meaning whatsoever, you have no business posting on this board.
>>
>>35417835

show pics of yourself so we can laugh at you and your hotpockets diet.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.