[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever thought about or built their own home gym? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: big guy.jpg (20 KB, 349x248) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
20 KB, 349x248
Anyone ever thought about or built their own home gym? It's a little sad but it's becoming a life goal of mine to build up a half decent gym so that I don't even have to leave the house to workout.
>>
>>35416589
I have OP. Great decision. I've saved probably close to my initial investment from not needing gym memberships so far. I pick the music, I don't wait for equipment, I know the weights will be racked.

Great fun inviting bros around to lift heavy too.
>>
>>35416732

Hah, this is exactly how I imagine it to be. Power to you brother.
>>
File: 2hvC4De.jpg (72 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
2hvC4De.jpg
72 KB, 900x675
>>35416589
there is nothing wrong with becoming independent for working out.
Also, what do you need anyway?
Barbell, weights, a squat rack, a horizontal bar and some dumbbells / a roman chair for accessory exercises.
Pretty much for 1-1.5 years of gym expenses you can buy your own. It's a no brainer for me if you have the space.

pic related: he doesn't have the space and still has done it
>>
it's fucking awesome lad

the only problem is not having access to the very specific equipment
>>
I have home gym. It's great nobody sling around my Dumbbells and leaving them under benches. No fucking retard running on treadmill while hold one of my plates. Blare metal rap Taylor Swift. Nobody can stop me. Not great if you need a spot unless you already have an established gym bro network
>>
>>35419029
>the only problem is not having access to the very specific equipment
what do you miss the most?
>>
>>35418972
this is really similar to my bedroom except I have squat stands instead of a full rack. Takes up much less space.
>>
>>35419889
any brand you would recommend? I'm about to get one. Also, do you use it for benching as well?
>>
The only bad thing is no spot, so I bench dumbbells instead of barbell. Other than that having a home gym is the best thing ever. Nothing like walking downstairs and lifting while I'm waiting for laundry or something to finish instead of pausing my day to drive to the gym.
>>
Home gym is the only way to do it IMO, unless you have some sort of handicap that requires you to use specific machines.

I need to upgrade to a better squat situation very soon though. I'm using an older-style "bench press" setup, with uprights tall enough to squat out of, but it's starting to get real fucking wobbly when loaded up.
>>
Any other good places to look for cheap gym equipment besides craigslist? I've gone through all the ads in my area and would like to see other options.
>>
>>35419949
Bench in the power rack. Who's gonna stop you, no one is waiting for the equipment.
>>
>>35416589
But if you don't go to a gym, how will you ever meet roid dealers? Legit concern here cuz have no friends that lift who have connections so only reason for going to gym is for the hookups.
>>
I got into weights a month ago.
>power cage
>flat bench
>Olympic bar
>100kgs of assorted weights

I have shit loads of room so wasn't an issue but best shit ever, if I have to travel for work, I just get up head to the garage and work out, need to take a shit halfway through? Duck to the shitter and then back out and complete workout
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.