[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/fit/ tells me to try lentils >Great macros and super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
>/fit/ tells me to try lentils
>Great macros and super high on protein while being low cal
>Figure fuck it and try them
>Holy shit these are delicious
>Eat 4 cups of the fuckers over two days
>I can't stop farting and it smells like roadkill
WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKS WARN ME.

On another note I'm eating more tonight. Shit is taste.
>>
>>35415366
Your body will adjust if you keep eating them regularly. It's like if you never eat vegetables and then you start eating the recommended amount of veggies a day, you'll prob fart like crazy from the increase in fiber.
>>
>>35415385
Good advice esse, I didn't know that and recently increased veggie intake a lot. Suppose I'll just keep at it.
>>
>>35415366
I'd be more worried about the wicked stomach aches from reading that much fiber
>>
File: 1451065768595.jpg (22 KB, 320x311) Image search: [Google]
1451065768595.jpg
22 KB, 320x311
protip: mix lentils with rice. both need the same time when cooking.
>mfw i recently ordered 15kg of red lentils from amazon because they offer the best price per kg
>>
>>35415385
Does this apply for oats too? Do you have evidence for statement that body "needs to adapt"?
>>
File: instant-brown.png (124 KB, 325x389) Image search: [Google]
instant-brown.png
124 KB, 325x389
>>35415484
My stomach hasn't had any problems. If anything I've been hungry.

>>35415520
Ayy I like that, gonna do it tonight. I got me a nice steamer for Christmas and have been meaning to cook up some brown rice in it.
>>
>>35415366
I dont know why but when i add feta cheese and cherry tomatos to mine im not as bloated
>>
>>35415520
>>35415533
i originally meant red lentils + regular white rice. but yes, green lentils (or whatever you're eating) + brown rice should work the same way.
>>
>>35415520
Link bro
>>
>>35415366
You should ease into increased fiber consumption. The gas will ease up after a few weeks.

The same thing happened to me. I went from eating like 15 grams of fiber on a good day to eating 45 grams of fiber (15 grams per 1000 calories) and felt super bloated and gassy. After a couple weeks the gas eased up and now my digestive system runs like a German train schedule.

Nothing feels as good as when your poops take less than 30 seconds and you barely even need to wipe afterwards.
>>
>>35415385
I still fart like crazy from all the veggies and lentils and stuff I eat. But they don't smell much, just loud.
>>
>>35415616
i'm from germany so i don't think my link will do any good. just go to amazon, search for red lentils and browse through the pages while looking for the best price per pound.
>>
>>35415624
What mechanism in human physiology describes this?
>>
>>35415525
I think in general your gut produces different bacteria depending on your diet. It's why vegetarians have trouble digesting meat after a while
>>
>>35415616
Different person but found it.

http://www.amazon.com/LBS-Organic-Red-Lentil-Beans/dp/B005WOVLN4/

15 lbs of organic lentils for $78.60 + shipping.

That's actually a pretty bad deal. Bob's Red Mill sells a 4 pack of 27 ounce bags of lentils (6.75 lbs total) for $16.57. That's about half the unit cost of the other one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Lentils-27-Ounce/dp/B000KEJMS2/
>>
>>35415520
Do you mean cook them together? How? Rice requires specific amount of water.
Or just eat then together? I already mix brown rice and green lentils, mainly because I don't like straight lentils.
>>
>>35415366
Mix them with quinoa. And when you are boiling them, add a veg stock cube for a taste overload.

Serve with a side of Greek yogurt.
>>
> never had vegetables for years only meat and pasta.
> started to eat vegetables farts everywhere stomach size +100%

Problem solved in 6 days with dat gut bacteria prebiotic powder stuff
>>
>>35415729
cook them together.
instead of cooking 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of water, try for example 3/4 cups of rice with 1/4 cups of red lentils in 2 cups of water.
keep in mind that different types of legumes need a different amount of time to be ready. i'm exclusively talking about white rice with red lentils.
>>
>eat lentils
>kale and spinach and frozen fruit in protein shakes
>green beans and broccoli with fried chicken
>rip co workers
>>
>>35415679
It's called pooping, anon.
>>
>>35415770
This

http://www.medibase.it/scheda.php?codice=PREBIOTIC_&lingua=eng
>>
>>35415783
Hmm. I'll experiment some with green and brown rice. I cook them at the same time but use two pots now, would certainly make it easier
>>
File: 1450744506418.jpg (81 KB, 536x720) Image search: [Google]
1450744506418.jpg
81 KB, 536x720
>>35415729
>I don't like straight lentils.
Try taking already steamed ones and frying them in a skillet with onions, pepper, garlic, and a bit of olive oil. Shit is delicious.
>>
Curried lentils over rice = god-tier
>>
>>35415520
OP here, I have returned and taken your advice.
>Mixed lentils, brown rice, garlic, onions, peppers, parsley, and asparagus together
FUCK THAT WAS GOOD.
>>
File: lentil curry.jpg (72 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
lentil curry.jpg
72 KB, 500x583
>>35415893
Yup
>>
Try soakin em
>>
>>35415520
No. Mix red lentils with rice, and cricket flour...
>>
>>35415700
wow wtf, i pay like 40% on that on the supermarket in my country for a kilo.
>>
>>35417944
everything in one pot? sounds like 'one pot pasta' except with rice.
>>
So are these high in protein? Are they just a type of bean? Do they taste good? I can't recall even seeing these in my life
>>
Man lentil curry was my go to meal when I was fucking a vegetarian chick
>>
>>35415624

>lentil shits

seriously the best shitting experience. i eat lentils regularly but on xmas i ate a ton (3 huge bowls) after eating a ton for on xmas eve and xmas

the shit i took promptly at 9am on dec. 26 after my morning coffee was unbelievable. it took maybe a minute tops and was enormous, yet i had no idea so much had come out
>>
>>35415700

>not going to the bulk aisle where 1lb/$1
>>
>>35415624
>less than 30s
>little to no wiping
Living the dream anon
I
V
I
N
G

T
H
E

D
R
E
A
M

A
N
O
N
>>
>>35415366
What recipe?
Last time I made some I hated it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.