[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, is veganism is just a meme or is it actually good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 900x900
Hey /fit/, is veganism is just a meme or is it actually good?
>>
>>35415101
become a vegan if you really want to be one,not because it's hip now
>>
File: Veganism_is_the_truth104.jpg (59 KB, 564x688) Image search: [Google]
Veganism_is_the_truth104.jpg
59 KB, 564x688
healthiest way to live
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98CXkg_UXo
>>
File: spag cat.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
spag cat.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
>>35415101
The only legitimate reasons to be a vegan are ethical.
>>
>>35415101
No diet will fix shitty muscle insertions
>>
It's not good, it's fantastic!
>>
>>35415154
If only his chest and head weren't so AYY LMAO
>>
Only way to make mad vegains bro
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (28 KB, 655x709) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
28 KB, 655x709
>>
File: 1450209535284.jpg (59 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
1450209535284.jpg
59 KB, 300x393
>>35415162
>>
>>35415101
Am I vegan if I eat my gfs farts while she's on a paleo diet?
>>
>>35415101
>'veganism'
oh for fuck's sake, this again?

VEGANISM is not a diet. It is a LIFESTYLE CHOICE, and while it includes vegetarianism, it also means you don't own or use anything of any kind that has even a remotely animal origin, everything must be plant-origin only.

That being said: vegetarianism is bullshit. I know plenty of vegetarians, and they're all skinnyfat, weak, have one or more chronic health problems (including weak immune systems), and all of them have some sort of cognitive deficit or cognitive dissonance, due probably to the chronic lack of one or more amino acids (i.e. malnutrition).

It is damned near impossible to get enough of all the essential amino acids eating vegetarian, especially if you're bodybuilding, and if you do you're probably getting way too many carbs and grams of fiber (i.e. you'll be sick to your stomach from too much fiber), so you end up FAT. Also you'll have a very limited number of things to eat because there are only a few combinations that actually give you all the aminos. It's stupid, it's pointless, and I don't recommend any of it. We're OMNIVORES, and the W.H.O. is grossly overstating the 'dangers' of meat eating, additionally they have a political agenda, and so long as you're not eating red meat and bacon and shit in quantity every fucking day, you'll be FINE, just like countless generations of humans have been, over thousands of years.

TL,DR: Vegetarian is for chumps.
>>
File: vEC3QJ.png (157 KB, 730x210) Image search: [Google]
vEC3QJ.png
157 KB, 730x210
>>35415153
And environmental senpai

Pic not related desu
>>
>>35415153
I am vegetarian for ethical reasons but I think that as long as you can balance your vegan diet there are a lot of other logical benefits, a really good one is that you can grow your own food and then also there is the whole environmentalist aspect of it.
>>
File: le dog face.gif (2 MB, 450x371) Image search: [Google]
le dog face.gif
2 MB, 450x371
>>35415153
ethical reasons(watch the documentary: "Earthlings") or if you want to change something regarding the climate: 2009: 51% of the co2 emissions originated from factory farming.
>>
>>35415153
....and health benefits.

Lowest rates of cancer, heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23836264
>>
>>35415321
who wants to live longer than 50 years?
Im already sick of living.
>>
File: mate.jpg (183 KB, 1600x1061) Image search: [Google]
mate.jpg
183 KB, 1600x1061
>>35415137
Mate is 2a too and it's healthy, .
>>
>>35415101
I find it hilarious, that nigga lools skinmy as fuck when wearing clothes for his videos. Thats vegans for you.
>>
>>35415154
Shit genetics, arms are great though
>>
>>35415154
wtf is that face, Jesus what a fucking moron
>>
Why does he look like skinny shit in his videos
>>
>>35415233
Im a little confused. Vegetarian is different than vegan. Vegetarians still have milk or eggs or cheese. If they don't have any of those, then they're vegan.

Im vegetarian, wouldn't say I'm anything special but I have 300lb bench, 175 ohp, at 192lbs. I also look pretty okay. I ski pretty often and have a overall decent athletic ability. No known chronic health problems, Im pretty healthy.

>It is damned near impossible to get enough of all the essential amino acids eating vegetarian
??? how do you figure? It's literally so easy as a vegetarian. I just eat a variety of food. I get plenty of all the amino acids. I could list out my diet if you wanted. I have had zero problems with fiber... my poops are generally pretty easy.

I went vegetarian to kill less animals for ethical reasons, not for health, and not for the environment. I couldn't do vegan. Not sure why there seems to be so many issues with vegetarians overall
>>
>>35415101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRd7-cbXes
>>
>>35415321
Looking at that I would rather go Lacto-veggie, sure in absolute terms vegan is superior for men. But, I fucking love dairy, fat free cheese is a game changer.

inb4 casein is a carcinogen
>>
half of shitposting vegans around here are trolls and the other half is greengains goblin, maybe with occasional guest appearances of random faggots who don't lift but come here to jack off to cbt threads and then get triggered by people mentioning meat
>>
>>35415154
Why does he look like he's about to cry
>>
A friend of mine recently converted to being vegetarian. He somehow manages to bring up the fact that "you dont have to eat meat to get a lot of proteins, just look at this WHOMEVER THE FUCK HIS NAME IS AGAIN that was really strong and vegetarian" even though this fucker pretends to lift even though he hasn't made any progress in 3 years.

Sure it may be a bit healthier, but it doesn't exactly help when his diet consists of spaghetti with thick as fuck sauce and fake bacon and fucking chocolate pudding or chocolate cake
>>
>>35415101
IT's a meme
>>
>>35415321
>Seventh-day Adventist men
ahh, the health benefits of piety

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7242091
>>
>>35415101

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I've been replacing meat in my diet. I think meat is necessary for gains and proper body function, but I'm not sure if I need to eat meat every or even multiple times per week. Quorn, Seitan, and Tempeh (in b4 gyno) are all high in quality protein (Quorn and Seitan are admittedly better than Tempeh though), low or no carb, and allow me to control the fats that I add to my meals.

Quorn isn't vegan (it has egg whites) but I eat eggs every day and have no ethical quandry with the brand of eggs I buy so that road is straight up off the table.
>>
>>35415736
Mr smugypants. You are seeing Narcissistic personality disorder.

from the Mayo clinic:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you're not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.

Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around talk therapy (psychotherapy).

>believes vegan is the only way to live
>berates others that oppose or are diffrent
>bash others for youtube bux
>live with your mom past 18

check, check, and....check.
>>
>>35415101
Just a thing white people do.
>>
>>35415154
mirin
>>
>>35415233
Seems like you probably don't know the difference between veganism and vegetarianism. For the record, science has long confirmed that getting built as a vegetarian isn't too hard. Doing so as a vegan is a lot more difficult though.
>>
Wasnt the cancer link to meat study flawed since they were taking samples from people who had shitty fucking diets
>>
>>35418101
Sounds like his problem is that he's a faggot, not that he's a vegetarian. Having a shitty diet and constantly being an asshole is consistent with being a female vegetarian. Most vegetarian guys I know are pretty normal people.
>>
>>35421090

No. Where did you hear that?
>>
lol vegans getting btfo
>>
File: 1446929735648.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446929735648.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Just came here to laugh at vegans. lol that is all.
>>
Theres nothing intrinsicly wrong with being a vegan.

There is something wrong with being a loudmouth crybaby faggot vegan though.
>>
>>35415170
kek
>>
Every girl I know who is a vegan is a limp-wristed little butch
>Girl who is the biggest SJW animal rights activist on Facebook hosts her birthday at her house
>At the party she says she's ordering pizza and starts taking suggestions
>99% of people want something with meat on it
>She says she refuses to order anything with meat
>Everyone just bitches for a minute and she folds like a piece of paper and orders like 10 pizzas loaded with meat

Every vegan guy I knew just did to look cool or edgy. And then gave up in a couple of months because men do not give a shit what you do, unlike women
>>
>>35415101
This meme is legit starting to piss me off. I have a few close friends and family who are vegan/vegetarian (and I was myself for 3 years) for ethical reasons who have been for a long time who are absolutely normal, well-educated, don't brag about it, and respect other people's decisions.

The people that annoy me are the Tumblrite memey fucktards who have turned vegan yesterday and think they're some second coming of Jesus. Sure, go vegan/vegetarian, but do it for the right reasons. Don't do it because some jaundice memelord on YouTube told you to, and don't do it so you can annoy the living shit out of everyone you've ever come into contact with on social media.

It's a shitty and unhealthy diet anyway, and most people on it eat like shit out of laziness then become full on skeletons. Unless you're doing it for ethical reasons and know what you're doing, no it isn't good.
>>
I became a vegan about 6 months ago out of curiosity, my plan was to try it for 3 months and then go back to eating meat/dairy. While I was doing it I watched a ton of documentaries and videos about animal agriculture and decided not to go back.

I enjoy it to be honest. The food is super tasty, I feel more energetic in the mornings than I used to, my mild back acne that I have struggled with since I was 16 (25 now) has cleared up, and my girl says my cum tastes better.

It's not for everyone but I recommend giving it a try, you might notice some positive effect like I have. Also I have definitely saved money as it's cheap as fuck since swapping eggs and chicken for legumes, nuts and seeds, in the UK at least it is a lot cheaper.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
But what about Cory McCarthy? He is pretty swole and a vegan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzvkLRJgLMk
>>
>>35421533
I really like Cory, his videos are super low production quality but he seems pretty based and clearly does a lot of research for his videos.
>>
File: 1449984762339.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1449984762339.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
>>35421533
looks like shit
>>
>>35415500

nice kush you got there, also checked
>>
>>35421547
post your body then
>>
File: 54584531231.jpg (51 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
54584531231.jpg
51 KB, 400x299
>>35421560
gotta get my camera out and shit.
>>
>>35415137
lmao

>tfw I eat asian food which is basically all fish
>so low they would literally below vegetables on the chart

Inb4 mercury, go eat a radioactive banana fagget, I eat farm raised which also keeps from raping the ocean.

Or the land to the extent the farms needed to grow your protein supplements do.
>>
>>35421508

>It's a shitty and unhealthy diet anyway

Depends on what you eat, doesn't it? Vegetarian/vegan diets are pretty firmly established as healthy ways to eat at this point.

The American Dietetic Association says that vegetarian and vegan diets come with health benefits over non-veg diets

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/2009_ADA_position_paper.pdf

The US dietary guidelines committee recommends a vegetarian diet as one of their model healthy eating patterns, alongside the already semi-vegetarian mediterranean and DASH diets they've been advocating for years

http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015-scientific-report/15-appendix-E3/e3-7.asp

The largest healthcare organization in the United States recommends people strive for a vegan diet

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/
http://share.kaiserpermanente.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-Plant-Based-Diet-booklet.pdf
>>
virtually all high-content sources of vegan protein (legumes, soy, etc) are full of phytoestrogens. if you eat that shit in massive quantities every day (i.e. if you lift), that can't be good in a long run. you may not grow a second vagina or another set of tits, but your balls will shrink, your gains will stall and your energy and libido will plummet.
look at the beer drinkers. by the time they're in their 30s, they're soft, got a gut and tits and look like shit.

>bbut hormones in meat!!!

yeah, in factory raised beef and pork. sea and river fish is organic, chicken doesn't get hormonal treatment because they only live for three weeks before getting culled, all meat from small-time farmers is organic. pork and beef are the worst meat you can eat regularly anyway.

>bbbut muh ethics!!!

either uncuck yourself or don't eat beef, pork, lamb and mutton and game meat. these are the only semi-intelligent sources of meat. if you care about feels of poultry and seafood, you're mentally ill.

>muh environment!!!

if you think that farming vegetables and grains has no effect on it, you're utterly retarded.

the planet is doomed and the humanity is fucked. be glad you're born before overpopulation really kicks in and live your life. cucks will be the first to perish when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>35421712
>phytoestrogens
>In adults, no current data exist to suggest that consumption of phytoestrogens at the levels normally encountered in the diet is likely to be harmful. Epidemiological studies suggest that foodstuffs containing phytoestrogens may have a beneficial role in protecting against a number of chronic diseases and conditions. For cancer of the prostate, colon, rectum, stomach and lung, the evidence is most consistent for a protective effect resulting from a high intake of grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables; it is not possible to identify particular food types or components that may be responsible.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/(SICI)1522-7189(199804)6:2%3C51::AID-NT11%3E3.0.CO;2-9/abstract
>>
>>35415153
That's, actually, the dumbest reason to go vegan.
>muh animals
>>
>>35421560
pwned
>>
>>35421732
soy industry shill detected
>>
File: vegan braintrust.png (44 KB, 784x141) Image search: [Google]
vegan braintrust.png
44 KB, 784x141
>>35415101

I haven't met a vegan who wasn't completely retarded.

I'll go with bad.
>>
File: wenuavegan.jpg (26 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
wenuavegan.jpg
26 KB, 460x345
test
>>
File: steachesmanlet.jpg (29 KB, 639x361) Image search: [Google]
steachesmanlet.jpg
29 KB, 639x361
he's actually pretty cool
>>
>>35421873

OMG STARWARS CHEWBAKA UGGS! http://www.uggaustralia.jp/star-wars-collection/
>>
>>35421732
>no current data exist to suggest that consumption of phytoestrogens at the levels normally encountered in the diet is likely to be harmful

that is because having slightly lower test (not outright low test) doesn't have direct negative effect on your OVERALL health. HIGH test (either natural or juice-induced) DOES increase chances of some cancers and in general has some adverse effects. Lowering test levels from high/moderate to moderately low obviously will lower the adverse effects testosterone has on your body.

that particular study includes grains (most of which are nowhere near as high in estrogen as legumes), fruits and vegetables (which mostly have background levels of estrogen).
>it is not possible to identify particular food types or components that may be responsible.
besides, I'm certain that their definition of "high intake" is two pounds a day of soy, beans, peas etc that you need for a high calorie/protein diet.

sure it's healthier to eat fucking grains, legumes, fruit and vegetables than a generic junk food/processed food diet that lacks good fats, vitamins and other micro nutrients. if you are a woman or a generic cuck who didn't have any physical activity since highschool PE classes, minor decrease in testosterone will not affect your life in any way (besides, you do not need to have that much legumes in your diet since you don't lift and don't give a fuck about protein). but if you object to that, then you don't want to consume shit that is full of phytoestrogens in ungodly amounts every fucking day.

cite me a study that says that phytoestrogens do not affect testosterone levels. you can't because they do, and if you find one that say they don't I'll show you 20 that say they do.
>>
>>35421911
>besides, I'm certain that their definition of "high intake" is two pounds a day of soy, beans, peas etc that you need for a high calorie/protein diet.
>is two pounds
isn't*
>>
>>35421552
>full of stems
>nice
Okay, guy.
>>
If you want to get big just juice up, eat meat and work out.
If you want to live to 150 as a dyel alium with a constant chip on your shoulder go vegan. I can afford good healthcare and I don't care about life after I'm 80 so I'd pick the former.
>>
>>35418101
If he's a vegetarian he could just get his proton torpedoes from milk and veggies.
>>
When I was younger than 5, my stupid hippy parents tried to become vegetarian.

It didn't last long, as whenever my father visited my gran, she'd keep feeding him bacon, and he eventually caved, because TVP and tofu can't compete with meat.
If you have ever tried the things that vegans say "is just as good as..." you'd realise this. Fake meat tastes nothing like meat, has terrible texture, and in the case of carob (shitty fake chocolate, because real chocolate has milk in it) you will realise how fucking retarded the people who eat that BY CHOICE really are.

So thank you, Gran, for forcing my father to eat meat, so that I'm not now a 140lb vegetarian/vegan skeleton, who can't get any reasonable gains without steroids.
>>
>>35421524
>My girl
Yeah right, nobody on fit has a gf, that's unheard of here. Clearly you have been eating your own cum for protein gains my friend.
>>
>>35421756
careful with that edge, son
>>
When I was a kid my (single) mom fed me only veggies and fruit. I think it fucked up my development because I have a low IQ and really thin and weak bones.
>>
>>35423502
So no grains nuts or vitamins? yeah thats retarded. Adults are the best to go vegan, kids are better for vegetarian first
>>
>>35415101
shoo shoo, green gainz goblin
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>35415495
i do.
if i dont reach 80 ill be legit mad
>>
>>35415170
i legit heh'd
>>
>>35421712
I would like to see the 20 studies saying phytoestrogens that will shrink balls/stall gains/plummet libido that you mention here
>>35421911

Doesnt fish have mercury and other shit though? And Ive never heard that chickens dont get any hormones, can you cite a source? I have no small time farmers near me.

Also farming vegetables and grains does less to harm the environment than producing meat does- I think that's the argument, not that it doesn't do any damage at all.
>>
>>35418058

estrogen surging through his body from never eating meat
>>
>>35415101
It's a meme.
You can be perfectly healthy by just being disciplined and not eating shit. All you're doing by falling for the vegan meme is limiting your options.
>>
Well since Vegans and Vegetarians are massive twats I'm going to say no.

If you become a Vegan you also become a massive, obnoxious twat.

>animals have feelings

No they don't you fucking bell end.

>meat causes cancer

No it doesn't you fuck wit.

>meat is unhealthy!

And what limiting variety in your diet for what can only be described as "moral" reasons isn't unhealthy you cunt?
>>
File: love_animals1.jpg (81 KB, 700x348) Image search: [Google]
love_animals1.jpg
81 KB, 700x348
I don't think you need meat to have a good body. There's plenty of protein in other things like nuts.

I eat meat cos it's fucking delicious. I'd rather die at 50-60 of cancer, that have a shitty life without that delicious meat. Who the fuck wants to live past 60 anyway? I intent to become an opium addict if I make it that far.
>>
>>35424386
>animals don't have feelings
How mentally deranged are you?
>>
Veganism is a trend.
>>
I'm pretty sure the majority of these vegan threads are made by non-vegans trying to start the inevitable shit-slinging by both sides. I'm a vegan and that's my diet choice however I don't really give a fuck what you eat. I'll live my life and you all live yours. Stop bitching about what you eat. Vegans stop trying to bitch to others. And meat-eaters stop bitching about vegans.
>>
>>35415101
Veganism is a meme in both senses of the word.
>>
File: veg.png (649 KB, 581x585) Image search: [Google]
veg.png
649 KB, 581x585
Vegan the new meme.
>>
>>35415154

omg those pecs

hahahaha

im laughing IRL
>>
>>35421891
At least Lex looks like he lifts and is not a spooky green man.
>>
>>35415293
or Cowspiracy on netflix atm
>>
>>35421887
>9gag
>>
>>35415154
how the fuck did he get biceps like that, srsly looks like implants
>>
>>35421911
>>35421712

>phytoestrogens are weak as fuck and can even work as anti-estrogens
>all the fiber in legumes removes excess estrogen from the body

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3966484
>>
>>35415154
shit pecs
neck doesnt match his body
wtf fa.m
>>
>>35415154
>tfw my pec insertions are only slightly less shitty than his

it's awful. in profile my pecs look nice and then front view and they look tiny as fuck due to the separation.

wtf did he do to his biceps though. that head separation is pretty impressive.
>>
>>35419368
Nice blog reddit, fuck off
>>
>>35415293
Lelkek, no they were not. I work in the field and study this shit as a past time. Most carbon emissions are caused by traffic (civillian+freights+domestic), what you were probably thibking is greenhouse emissions, which is when farming actually has a very big impact on the environment compared to its benefits/industry size.
>>
>>35415137
Red meat
>Pork
WTF
>>
>>35421611
>I eat farm raised wich keeps from raping the ocean.

You do realize that they feed farmed fish with wild fish?
>>
>>35415154
NIGGA LOOK LIKE A PS2 CHARACTER
>>
>>35424443
>believes in /x/ tier animism
>accuses others of being mentally deranged
Oh the ironing
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.