[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clarence has ascended the ascent he previously ascended to.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Clarence has ascended the ascent he previously ascended to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0

But why do people not lift in power racks with heavy back squats? Wouldn't losing your balance pretty much kill you if you fall forward? I know it's high bar but it could still happen.
>>
>>35413961
Bumper plates. Just drop it if you're missing it. I do pretty much all my squatting off stands now
>>
>>35413995

I do drop the weight and it feels natural and easy, especially because I do high bar. But my question still stands desu.
>>
>>35413961
If your form is god, you should be able to squat with your toes off the ground. Falling forwards is impossible, low or high bar, if the form is good
>>
>>35414010
Well not really, the answer is you just drop it. I don't see why you'd need a rack with droppable plates
>>
>>35414032
>having good form
>on a failed rep

I wouldn't count on it desu senpai
>>
It is dangerous as fuk. imagine you snap something during lift or some muscle breaks out of nowhere and you have 300kg falling onto your head.
>>
>>35414010

If you are falling forward in your squats you are probably not very experienced, not very flexible, and not lifting enough weight to really worry about it.
>>
>>35413961
Is Clarence on dat dere celltech?
>>
>>35414807
the comments under his vids are always hilarious

it's telling that he used to argue his nattyness but full on stays silent now. expierneced lifters who mire him a lot always comment good naturedly saying that he deserves to take em given how strong he got before hand
>>
>>35413961
whatever about the squat itself, i always think it looks so dangerous when he reracks it. that rack is being tested to the limit, and it wobbles like fuck while he steps back from underneath it. plus its not like he had someone guiding it in for him. imagine missing the rerack bby an inch on one side at that weight? maybe it's ok when u get that strong though, relatively speaking?
>>
>>35414971

jelly faggot with shit tier genetics confirmed
>>
>>35415003

is he natural?
>>
File: 1439103688818.jpg (42 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1439103688818.jpg
42 KB, 612x612
>>35415048
>>
>>35413961
you are more upright in a high bar squat so you can always just bodge the bar a bit back and it will fall, safeties are more for low bar squats because you are more leaned forward and chances are that if you are about to miss the lift you are probably not in a position to let the bar just fall off your back considering how leaned forward you are in a low bar squat, so the bar just drags you down, thus the safeties, which should always be as high as possible without touching them, it will even help you not go too deep but that is probably not a problem unless you are competing
>>
>Doesn't even take off his glasses

Why does this strike me as fucking savage?
>>
File: loli kanae.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loli kanae.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>35415531
low-bar proven shit tier yet again

Oly squats are the only acceptable way to squat
>>
>>35415862
who is that semen demon
>>
>>35415576
Some people are near-blind without them and can't/won't use contacts.

I know eyes aren't exactly the most important body part when squatting but I'd rather have my sight when I squat than be almost blind.
>>
File: 1446182982052.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1446182982052.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>35415882
>>
>>35413961
>But why do people not lift in power racks with heavy back squats? Wouldn't losing your balance pretty much kill you if you fall forward? I know it's high bar but it could still happen.

Lifters don't think they will faint or have a tendon or ligament rip. But any sports medicine doctor has stories about people fainting and the bar rolling backwards and breaking both of their arms, or having a quad tear resulting in a compound fracture of several bones in the leg because they got pinned under the bar. The logic of "I'll just dump the bar" completely depends on being physically able to dump the bar.

The truth is you should always use safety rails unless it is a lift where you cannot (e.g., snatch).
>>
>>35413961
>Wouldn't losing your balance pretty much kill you if you fall forward?

Means you have shit form and awful mobility.

You have no reason to be lifting weights that stress you at that point. Should be doing beginner weight and working on form.

No experienced lifter has ever fallen forward during squats unless of course you do the rippy tities meme low bars.
>>
>>35414032
>should be able to squat with your toes off the ground
"no"
>>
>>35416226
I've found even low bar something you can get out of. It's only if you fold over forward you're in trouble and frankly, your legs should give out well before your torso does.
>>
>>35414032
Confirmed for never squatting properly
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.