[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are fullbody routines a meme? No one outside of /fit/ is doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 1428782810809.jpg (30 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
1428782810809.jpg
30 KB, 500x328
Are fullbody routines a meme?
No one outside of /fit/ is doing them and brosplits literally rule the universe.
Why is no one doing fullbody?
>>
Because I enjoy completely annihilating each muscle group by itself with 35-40 sets.
>>
From personal experience unless you are new to lifting then yes they are a meme.

I guess they could work if you're the kind of guy who cares about his 1rms or some shit too but if you actually want to build a well rounded physique they are a meme,

Full on brosplits aren't good either though, try to find a compromise.
>>
I do a split Monday-Thursday and a full body routine on Saturday
>>
>>35411607
They are a meme, but they're a meme that works. A squat, some heavy pressing, and some back work three times a week will take you a long, long way.
>>
>Caring about what some gymrats do
If you're into a sport, look at what the succesfull guys in your sport do. If you're training to get bigger, look at what succesfull natural bodybuilders do. Don't look at what some 80kg skinnyfat gymrat do.
>>
I've actually seen a young black man doing SS the last couple of weeks in my gym. I want to talk to him but I'm autistic.
>>
>>35411762
This is such a shit advice. Never compare yourself to others, especially when they are on a way different level. If you are a beginner, don't look what an advanced person is doing. Training is different for them.
>>
>>35411607
The way you split up your training is simply one variable that can and should be manipulated over time - Too many people on here are emotionally invested in one particular way of training.

As to why so few people (in commercial gyms) use a fullbody set-up, I think it's a bad case of "monkey see - monkey do".
>>
>>35411607
>Why is no one doing full body?

Probably the same reason that curlbros and chickenlegs exist.
>>
>>35411607
I have been doing a fullbody routine for years,
look better than 99% of /fit/.

The upside is that you train everything so you dont pick your favorite biceps exercise every time, split amirite, you work out and neglect the rest
>>
>>35412944
>no pic
>>
heavy deadlifts and squats are hard. sitting on a machine and doing quarter reps is way easier.
>>
>>35411869
>This is such a shit advice. Never compare yourself to others, especially when they are on a way different level. If you are a beginner, don't look what an advanced person is doing. Training is different for them.
Of course I didn't mean that you should copy an elite athletes CURRENT training schedule, but you should definetily do what they did to become that good. Or something similiar. Point is that OP shouldn't look at people with bad lifts and shit physiques and draw conclusions from their type of training, rather he should look at people who have succeded and draw conclusions from them.
>>
>>35412944
post pic faggot
>>
File: 6MmlNJa.jpg (263 KB, 1200x845) Image search: [Google]
6MmlNJa.jpg
263 KB, 1200x845
>>35412944
This, I do fullbody and I look amazing.

Consistency and good diet gets the job done.
>>
>>35411607

>work your entire body every day

>no time for muscles to repair

>WHY AM I NOT GROWING

gee I wonder
>>
>>35416133
Post pics you lying piece of shit.
>>
I do full body and i look pretty good, even for fit standards. I would get on a PPL if i actually had time for the gym 6 times a week, but i commute 2 hours a day, have school, work and a GF. So i stick to my 3 times a week, its nice. Plus, i don't have to worry about "missing" a day, i have friends on PPLs who freak out if they miss a workout since then their whole weekplanning is out of balance.
>>
>>35411607
>No one outside of /fit/ is doing them

Exactly. You didn't think 4chans fitness board had experts on it did you?
>>
>>35416162
Everyday?
More like AxBxAxx m8
>>
I do full body but use specific days for specific lifts, like benching and squatting one day but doing shoulder shrugs and weighted pull ups, then doing the press and deadlifts another day while doing dumbell flies and calf raises

As long as I get each muscle group in in one day I'm happy, and I push hard on the specific ones I'm doing and then take a break from them by doing a different, lighter exercise the next day
>>
I do full body-ish (SL with a upper or lower body split thing post routine) after a long break (injury/work reasons) until i get back to about 75% of my previous weights, then i go to a upper/lower split.
>>
Youre better off doing a push pull legs/DL which is like a hybrid of the two
>>
>>35411607
I do it. it's good for people and athletes who don't have many free days so the just do full body workout 3-4 times a week
>>
File: 1451335593119.gif (2 MB, 298x266) Image search: [Google]
1451335593119.gif
2 MB, 298x266
Daniel Craig did a full bodyweight routine to get ripped for Bond.

Here's what I do every day in the gym
Squats, ab rolls, weighted twists, skullcrushes, cable flies, lateral flies, dB rows.
>>
Depends on training frequency but doing bro splits are the biggest meme of all time still
>>
Frequent full body routines is the best way to gains as a newb and intermediate lifter... thats it.

People that do brosplits are weak pussies or advanced lifters.
>>
File: JaggerhandLPFullbodyRoutine.png (52 KB, 382x362) Image search: [Google]
JaggerhandLPFullbodyRoutine.png
52 KB, 382x362
>>35416645
No pulling work whatsoever? You're going to get an imbalance and fuck your shit up.
Get a proper routine. Pic related, full-body routine that works.
>>
>>35416645
Everyday? You grow when you rest. No rest, no progress son... unless you're on gear of course.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.