[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yoga-thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 311x162
What do /fit/ think of yoga?

Does /fit/ do yoga?

And if so any particular kind of yoga or program?
>>
I got pretty big into acro yoga this past 6 months and I love it, I also am just doing basic yoga poses. It's all amazing for flexibility and core strength.
>>
Ashtanga yoga for the past two years. Incredibly powerful. Synergises amazingly with olympic weightlifting. Cannot recommend it enough - nobody listens to me when they ask how I'm so flexible, though.
>>
>>35409890
Don't you have to be two people to do acroyoga?
>>
I follow a hot yoga teacher on youtube. She has tons of shit. Full 1 hr classes, 10 minute stuff, etc. She's great. I would never be caught dead in a Yoga class with those soccer moms trying to realign their Shakras.
https://www.youtube.com/user/YogaIntervals19
>>
>>35409890
This, acro is also a great way to meet hotties.
>>
by "hot yoga teacher" I mean she's hot. Not that she teaches "hot yoga".
>>
>>35410123
I do it with my roommate but the class is also super friendly to people who go solo so having a partner is cool and helps with synergy for it, but you definitely don't need one if the environment is friendly enough. We're all open and will base or fly pretty much anyone who asks.
>>
>>35409890
>>35410166
Also since starting acro, i've gotten slightly addicted to general acrobatics and flexibility.
>>
>>35410144
thanks for the recommendation breh
>>
its good, you get a good stretch, been doing it off and on now for a while
>>
Also, I don't exactly do whole lot of leg stuff, but it's almost like dumbell exorcises for you legs.

You train your stabilizers more then you would doing your typical strength routine.
>>
>>35410144
Aah Thanks Braaah
>>
It's for womyn.
>>
>>35409890
>acro yoga
this looks like a bigger meme than hot yoga
>>
File: qt.jpg (60 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
60 KB, 960x642
Why does every position involve spreading your vagina while wearing yoga pants or short shorts?
>workout in office gym, it's small but has all the equipment I need and only 1 other guy lifts regularly, plus it's free
>a group of qts like pic related does yoga once or twice a week
>every vagina stretch they do always faces the free weights area
It's like they're trying to scare me. I try so fucking hard to avoid looking but god help me once pic related is with them I just can't help it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MddRpKVs7oo
>>
>>35410793
What.Tha.Fuck.
>>
>>35409672
It's really a shame men think it's easy, for women, just stretching, etc.

It is also a shame Vinyasa style takes the spotlight in Western culture. Yoga was originally intended, physically, to be done with high tension in all of the muscle groups involved in a pose, along with deep breathing. Vinyasa has its place, for cardio, but traditional Hatha is better IMO.

If more people were aware that Yoga can also be isometric strength training, classes would be more evenly unisex.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.