[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 51xlxLlV+1L._SX395_[1].jpg (24 KB, 395x322) Image search: [Google]
51xlxLlV+1L._SX395_[1].jpg
24 KB, 395x322
Are they a scam?
>>
>>35408584
Not an outright scam, as there is some benefit to using them due to the added stability they provide. But many lifters have done fine without them, and both dress shoes and work boots provide much the same sort of support. I use them occasionally.
>>
>>35408584

are you retarded? Or is this a troll?
>>
>>35408584
Yep definitely a scam. Those Olympians sure don't know anything about lifting.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (13 KB, 236x221) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13 KB, 236x221
>>35409086
Arnold would say yes
I say no cause dat ankle flexibility
>>
>>35408584
I've never used them and know nothing about them, but they look like they'd make squatting more comfortable.
>>
They're cheap and high quality. My adipowers cost $200 and have lasted four years with nary a bit of wear. And $200 is fucking cheap for clothing or shoes of such high quality, it's chump change really considering how many hours I've used them.
>>
>>35408584
Those look cool and isn't that half of what lifting is all about?
>>
>>35408584
those look like sonic the hedgehog shoes
>>
>>35409208
>he paid $200 for shoes
How do you hold your purse while lifting?
>>
I think it depends on the arch in your foot too. I had been lifting in running shoes for the longest time but always noticed I'd start getting on my toes when squatting high weights. Bought some flat lifting shoes to keep me pushing off my heels better.
>>
>>35408584
I bought some of the shitty ones to test them out. My squat immeidately went up like 25lbs and felt much better and more stable. Those finally wore out and I bought some of the nike romelaos or however they are spelled. I quite like them, but I've injured my lower back from allowing butt wink on a heavy squat, so idk how they actually feel im comparison but from just using them to help me be more stable for other excercises they feel solid.
>>
They are goat for squatting and ohp. Also necessary if you do oly Lifts.
>>
>>35409694
>romelaos
Romaleos
>>
>>35408584
They're not a "scam", but if you have the money go for it. my squat is weak, so I don't see a purpose for me to invest in them until I hit lmao3pl8
>>
>>35408584
You can get the Adipowers 2.0 for like 80 or 90 bucks aswell if you don't want to blow 200.
>>
Is it just me that goes barefoot?
>>
>>35409807
Nobody wants to smell your feet
>>
>>35409991
Like I give a fuck
>>
Some gyms don't allow you to go barefoot. I bought Crossfit shoes for my new gym, but then I found out you can wear socks and no one will say anything. I just go socks for dead lifts though.
>>
>>35409301
>He can't spend 200$ for shoes that last for years and years and support your lifting hobby.

Yeah, i bet that you're saving that 200$ for your purse.
>>
>>35409807
Enjoy fucking up your feet.

>Thinking that soft feet are the same as hard sole for support
>>
whats wrong with lifting in running shoes? I'm not going for Olympic lifts, only doing 110kg squats aiming for 130kg at the mo. Is it needed?
>>
>>35410637
Not really, unless you find it really difficult to keep your heels stuck to the floor due to lack of mobility.
>>
>>35408584
Just use cheap ass Chuck Taylors or go barefoot with deadlift socks on
>>
>>35409301

How about you go make a decent living and stop pooring up the Internet.
>>
File: 511060.jpg (326 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
511060.jpg
326 KB, 1680x1050
>>35410637
Running shoes are one of the worst types of shoes to wear to the gym. The massive amount of sole compression and lack of ankle support greatly increase injury risk. If you don't have a lot of money their are some less expensive lifting shoes from brands like Pendlay and Coyote that work just fine for around $100.
>>
>>35408584

They help put up weight on vertical movements (oly lifts and any type of squat) but are actually disadvantageous for deadlifts. Imo no good reason to get them unless you're learning Oly or pass 3pl8 squat. Flat shoes like chucks force you to develop flexibility, which you want to do while you're still a weakling.
>>
>>35410019
Slobs usually don't. If you go barefoot at a public gym and not your own home or something you should literally kill yourself.
>>
If 3rd newton law is a scam then these shoes are a scam too
>>
>>35409208
>cheap

Where I live you could eat pretty well for that $200. Hell, I spend half of that on food and I eat a lot.
>>
>>35408584
I buy cheap shoes then pull out the inserts, fill the little #### things with plumbing silicone, and stick the insole back in.

Like walking on air, for like $30.
>>
>>35409752
>my squat is weak,
why wait?
you will only progress faster and be less likely to injure your back
>>
Wait

It's counterproductive to deadlift in those?
>>
What about those weird Vibram shoes?
>>
maybe you guys will start getting more interested in weightlifting so normies open weightlifting gyms. I can't keep paying $130 a month at crossfit
>>
>>35416255

Yes. You don't want forward knee travel when deadlifting and you generally don't want the increased ROM, both things the shoes cause.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.