[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlift: 100 kg Bench: 52,5 kg and stalling Squat: 60 kg someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: socrazyzz ss+gomad.jpg (872 KB, 1241x816) Image search: [Google]
socrazyzz ss+gomad.jpg
872 KB, 1241x816
Deadlift: 100 kg
Bench: 52,5 kg and stalling
Squat: 60 kg

someone explain this shit to me
>>
What fucking planet are you from m8??

And I thought my stats were weird.

Maybe your form is incredibly bad on squats. low bar or high bar?
>>
you probably have terrible form on the squat, possibly because you aren't consciously making an effort to maintain it, dont know how, have a strange body type that needs unique advice, maybe a combination. Post some videos of your work sets, for bench and deadlift as well because if you can't fix your squat form those 2 are probably fucked as well.
>>
>160kg DL
>140kg squats
>85kg bench
>40kg OHP (hasn't changed in 6 months)
why live. Im just going to end up trex mode.
>>
>>35405666
Eat and sleep more
>>
>>35405666
squats hurt my knees too much. i watch form videos all the fucking time and try weightless squats at home to perfect form to see if it fixes knee problems, i just cant seem to do it. i really want to squat though as i know the benefits

>deadlift 80kg
>bench 80kg
>squat 0kg
>>
File: zyzz1.jpg (103 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
zyzz1.jpg
103 KB, 612x612
>>35405693
high bar
>>35405758
i know for a fact my form is alright so that cant be it
>>35405820
eat properly and sleep 10 hours a day
>>
>>35405912

did you fuck up your knees before? Are you tall or do you have really long legs for your height?
>>
>>35405912
if you do leg extensions, fucking don't
make sure to stretch all muscles that limit full range of motion. you would have to squat ass to grass for full benefits as it is what humans naturally did when defecating.

don't give up, your body will adapt
>>
>>35405920

>i know for a fact my form is alright so that cant be it

and yet you cant even squat 1 plate, so you must be a weak little bitch who cant push himself. I doubt your form is as good as you think it is.
>>
>>35405666
dl: 210kg
bench: idk, incline dumbell 45kg 5x5 though
squat: only front squat, 130kg
ohp: 70kg

based on these stats, can /fit/ estimate what i should be able to hit on bench and backsquat? 6'1 85kg btw
>>
>>35405666
Hello mr Satan

Deadlift: 60 kg
Squat: 82.5kg
Bench: 70kg
OHP: 47.5 kg
>>
>>35405922
Not him, but I am quite tall (190cm) and have RIDICULOUSLY long legs. (I love running and I'm quite good at it, but squats are my weak spots.)

Why do you ask?
>>
>>35405666
are we talking 8-10 reps or 5 reps ?
>>
>>35405922
im not tall, manlet tier according to /fit/ actually. never had any SERIOUS injuries with my knees too, though my old job did at one point cause muscle tightness in the quads which did pull on the knees and affect them a bit before i started stretching to avoid that.

>>35405947
cheers. i actually started doing them simply to sort of compensate for my lack of squats. i might give them up until ive researched more though. i also do try to stretch legs every day, hoping itll cure everything
>>
>>35406002

is your torso short as fuck as well? If so, you pretty much have the worst build possible for squats, theres just no getting around it. I'd stay away from low bar, you are going to have to do high bar/front. Your high bar won't look the same as most youtube videos, you will have to lean forward a bit more; forget ever having a beautiful squat like you see in those oly lifting gifs/webms.

How is your hip/ankle flexibility? lifting shoes can help with ankle problems but you will have to really be conscious of what you are doing because its very easy to shift forward too far.
>>
>>35406027
5 reps
>>
>>35406041

>i actually started doing them simply to sort of compensate for my lack of squats

don't, they arent compensation for squats. There are other things you could do, but for knees that hurt they are a very bad choice. Where in the knee exactly is the pain? You need to be able to identify where exactly it is. What part of the squat causes pain, or is it just afterwards?
>>
About a month in to SS, how are my stats?
Squat - 70kg
Bench - 50kg (and stalling, but eating and sleeping more is the biggest flaw)
Overhead press - 47.5kg for 3x5, 50kg for 3x3.
Deadlift (Can't do due to to gym policy - Gonna transfer in the new year)

My shoulders have exploded with mass, so I guess that is a good thing compared to the T-rex horror stories I read.
>>
>>35406156
Should also mention I'm 61kg skellington.
>>
Deadlift 115
Squat 65kg
Bench 63kg
OHP 35kg

3 months and lifting on a cut. Will I ever make it?
>>
>>35406107
just in the direct middle of my kneecap - the pain happens generally as i get towards 90 degrees into the squat, and hurts more as i push back up (pushing through my heels)
>>
>>35405666
How often are you doing squats? I used to squat only once a week, but made massive gains once I started squatting twice a week.

Here are my last PR's:
Deadlift: 300lbs for 5 reps
Bench: 155lbs for 3 reps
Squat: 205lbs for 4 reps
OHP: 95lbs for 3 reps

I have somewhat skinny arms and I'm convinced I need to do some triceps exercises to improve my bench and OHP.
>>
>>35406221

you got a video?
>>
>>35405811
Please tell me you at least do accessories.

I'm at
>105kg squats
>95kg deadlift (any higher and my form breaks by the 4th rep)
>57.5kg bench
>42.5kg OHP
>>
ITT: Stats of Delray
>>
>>35406232
unfortunately i dont have a video camera (even on my phone) though i have been considering videoing my form to ask internet opinion for quite some time (even /fit/ has its gems)

that said, i do focus on these major points
- legs shoulder width
- feet pointing outwards
- back straight, looking forward
- knees behind toes
- pushing through heels

and yeah, my knee pain has reduced by half since i started stretches and focusing on form. the problem is i would prefer my knee pain to be virtually 0 before putting weight on my squats
>>
>>35406064
Yes, torso is ridiculously short as well. Fuck me I guess. Thanks for the info though. I never thought about this before, I just googled "squatting with very long legs" and apparently it's a thing. I'll do some reading on it..
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.