[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if you're happy? I feel generally good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1427748452229.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1427748452229.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
How do you know if you're happy?

I feel generally good every day, especially when I've had a good workout

Still no gf, but at this point I wonder if it would even change me

Just how do you KNOW?
Am I just a mindless entity floating through space, or am I a happy person going the right direction?
>>
>>35400789
What if I told you nobody is in fact 'happy' in a holding-a-cute-puppy sense of the word?
Most of the 'happiness' is earned as a rush after we achieve something important to us (or do a line of coke or shoot heroin), but hollywood and media have blown 'happiness' up to the range of standard. Now, for normal amerifag, everything less than total happiness is unacceptible.

In ancient Greece, philosophers basically had the same term for 'happiness' and 'human growth' or 'improvement'. So, for them, it was the sharpening of your virtues which was the ultimate goal, not being in the state of dopamine rush where you don't think about anything and you don't feel anything - aka feeling 'happy'.

So try to distance yourself from pop culture a little bit. Read some philosophy. Research history. Do anything which would take you away from the sick, twisted ideals of today's hedonistic world. As long as you're improving, you're good to go. There will be time to be 'happy', there will be time and place to feel the rush. Like when you win that powerlifting competition, or when you finally get that job that you educated yourself ten years for.

Because that's what matters. 'Happiness' is just icing on a cake. And without cake... Icing tastes bland.
>>
>>35401082
>blah, blah, blah...
>Look How educated I am

All you need is health, money and grill.
>>
>>35401124
Why the hate man, but seriously?
I would understand if I posted this in /r9k/, but /fit/, what the fuck? My post is intended to give some motivation to OP, what part of it offends you?

This is a honest question, I would really appreciate if you replied honestly.
Sorry if I sounded like an ass.
>>
>>35400789
For 100% the effort comes 30% the reward.

If you want to marry one day, forget it. I tried so hard and so did my friends. Women are not worth it. At all. Period. If you want to fuck, fuck. If you're morally sound then just stay away from women like the mutated plague, because that's what they are. Just don't fall in love, women have a superiority complex and will nonstop belittle men to test day in and day out. Always looking for a reason to break up with you to ride the cock carousel. Feminism has fueled this to be twice as bad these last five years.

Traditional marriage is DEAD. Even if you made a lot of money and the woman stayed at home, at this point men work harder now than before the family unit was dissolved.

Don't be that man trudging in a market with his neatly composed wife who got the good end of the bargain. They are parasites, and will take away your happiness.

Now like this anon mentioned:
>>35401082

It is true that your own betterment as a man is the only thing that matters. I reccomend quitting videogames and t.v. only using books as a means of escapism. It was hard for me too at first but holy shit I'm top of my class on presidents list and I came from one of the worst test scores the U.S has to offer.

>>35401124
This guy is a complete faggot
>>
File: 1440602114152.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1440602114152.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>35401082
>>35401124
so what pill are you going to take OP
>>
>>35401239
Hey man, what about the internet? It's my form of escapism, and it kinda takes away all my time... I just start browsing /fit/ or facebook and BAM - 4 hours passed...

But I'm doing all programming work on laptop so I don't see another way out...
>>
>>35401301
I'm linking you an article because it helped me replace most of the shitty destructive things I used to do. I quit everything cold turkey but made it an obligation to go out and meet people while bettering myself away from keyboards.
>>
>>35401301
http://kingpinlifestyle.com/how-to-quit-playing-video-games/
>>
getting my test checked tommorow OP you should do the same.

>>35401082
thanks for posting this bro. Made me feel a little better about myself.
>>
>>35401082
Thanks for this dude. The desire for happiness does seem flawed.
>>
>>35401336
>>35401344
Fuck.
I always wanted to live the Nietzsche's ideal of ubermensch - being able to control my emotions, compulsions and instincts just in favor of personal growth...

It's so fucking hard.
It sometimes doesn't seem worth the trouble...
>>
>>35401082

Yeah man I totally agree. I know I might catch hate for this, but I heard on a Joe Rogan Experience a quote from (I think) Steve Rinella. It goes something like, there are two kinds of fun. The kind thats fun while you're doing it, but not really after, like a roller coaster. And then there's the kind of fun that sucks while you're doing it, like hiking a mountain, but if fun looking back on it, for the rest of your life.

I kinda think happiness and fun are interchangeable here, and personally, I like the happiness that comes from doing hard shit. That's why I love lifting, jiu jitsu, camping and hiking. Westerners seem to think the key to life is happiness. In my opinion and the opinion of many others, the key is meaning. Do something you're passionate about. Help people, learn something, do something hard. And OP, if you're really concerned about getting laid, this shit makes you interesting. People will want to hang out with you, girls will like you more, money and jobs will come.

Find meaning. The rest follows.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.