[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /fit/'s opinion on MusclePharm Combat protein?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: combat-7serve-chocolate.png (3 MB, 3216x3000) Image search: [Google]
combat-7serve-chocolate.png
3 MB, 3216x3000
What's /fit/'s opinion on MusclePharm Combat protein?

I've been buying ON Gold Standard for the last 3 years at like 80 bucks for 5lbs (Canada), but a friend of mine just became a MusclePharm rep, and can get me 4lb tubs of Combat powder for $40.

The macros look good, and I can't find a history of shit like amino spiking, but I wanna know if anyone here uses it/likes it?
>>
>>35395795
Bump
>>
I used to get a large percentage of my protein from whey but I've switched over almost exclusively to actual food.

With all the amino spiking and god knows what else going on, I don't trust that shit.

Plus, with actual food there are a multitude of anabolic substances besides protein. Arachadonic acid in eggs, creatine in red meat, EPA/DHA in fish. Countless organic (referring to carbon/chemistry sense) compounds in the food we eat that can potentially play a role in anabolism or MPS.

Seeing as how eggs and chicken breast are roughly the same cost as whey, I just can't justify it.
>>
>>35395917
>eggs and chicken breast are roughly the same cost as whey

Maybe wherever you are, but not in Canada (Ontario, at least).

300 grams of chicken breast is around 10 bucks here, and that's like 90g protein. Meanwhile, I can get that amount of protein from 4 scoops of whey, which works out to about $2.50
>>
>>35395795
Canada bro to the rescue

hit up http://www.canadianprotein.com/ whey protein concentrate, 5lb bag 40$ no shipping over 100. also super cheap creatine if you want it. Been using it alot myself. If you want an isolate they have that also.
>>
>>35395988
Was just about to post this; CP is the way to go... no other alternative necessary.
>>
>>35395988
>>35396111

Tried this, tasted like shit. What flavor do you get?
>>
>>35396111
>CP is the way to go
FBI are now monitoring this thread

Hi FBI :^)
>>
It's shit. Just buy the most basic bulk whey you can find. They all use the same few cheese manufacturers for a whey source, then all the fancy brands sprinkle in their bullshit extra ingredients and pour it into fluorescent packaging to attract retards.

This Musclepharm stuff is only 68% protein, depsite having a bunch of extra amino acids put in there for marketing purposes and to increase protein percentage. Plain old whey protein concentrate from the factory is around 80%.
>>
>>35396276
All protein tastes pretty fucking average when they only use a small amount of flavouring. Because you're paying for a protein supplement, not a tasty milkshake.
>>
>>35396521
>Musclepharm stuff is only 68% protein

Source?

And so help me God if you cite that stupid fucking reddit protein experiment from years ago
>>
File: yep.gif (1 MB, 161x250) Image search: [Google]
yep.gif
1 MB, 161x250
>>35395795
tried their orange creme flavor

would describe as "nummy nums in my tumtum"
>>
>>35396570
Googled the nutritional info, and converted the amount of protein per serving size into percentage. I don't have to do that in Australia because our nutiritional info panels have both serving size and per 100g.
>>
>>35395795
Currently working through a tub of the combat isolate, chocolate swirl, absolutely fucking delicious.

Its expensive as fuck here in south africa
>>
>2015
>still using whey protein

Greek yogurt master race
>>
>>35397221
Greek yogurt is more expensive.

>not buying both
>2012
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.