[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on keto.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: prime_rib_new.jpg (64 KB, 530x376) Image search: [Google]
prime_rib_new.jpg
64 KB, 530x376
Redpill me on keto.
>>
>>35394472
effective weight loss tool for 250lb+ chubzillas. probably fucks with insulin and metabolic processes. not reccommended for lifting persons. cutting carbs is the most basic and effective method of dieting... the complete avoidance of carbs is keto and is probably not necessary for 98% of people
>>
>>35394472

I can only speak from personal experience but keto worked great for me. I cut from 390 Macaulay Bulkin to 250 in a span of about nine months. Granted I was in the gym almost every day doing mostly cardio and some lighter lifting.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor before doing anything though.
>>
It made me significantly less hungry. Didn't notice any other benefits, but being able to start the day with bacon and eggs and feel satisfied on 1000 calories is reason enough imo.
>>
>>35394472

>eating prime rib everyday

What's it like being wealthy, anon?
>>
Notice how only obese shits and reddit promotes it?

let that sink in.
>>
unnecessary and inconvenient
>>
>>35395769

>implying the obese are the only ones that could use to shed fat
>>
Lowers your testosterone if you lift heavy.
>>
>>35394598
>the complete avoidance of carbs is keto

No it isn't, that's Atkins. Keto doesn't advocate complete elimination of carbs, just an intake of less than 50g a day.
>>
>>35395769
Wut
>>
>>35394472
Bro I've done it and it sucks. I just feel shit all day. Plus if you're trying to lift you're not gonna make it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss

/thread
>>
File: robber.jpg (55 KB, 960x658) Image search: [Google]
robber.jpg
55 KB, 960x658
>>35394472
keto: 1. no good science on it except that it may help prevent seizures in people who suffer from diseases that cause chronic seizures.

2. there are a lot of studies going on in credible universities but aside from 1, nothing definitive.

3. it takes a person about 2-6 weeks to enter ketosis and it's very difficult/expensive to test yourself which means 99% of the bullcrap you read here, reddit, or anywhere not published by a credible research institute is purely anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>35394472
The meme diet
Enjoy never making it
>but muh carbs make me fat
>>
File: 1449486022703.png (201 KB, 700x3287) Image search: [Google]
1449486022703.png
201 KB, 700x3287
If you only read and listen to one reply, let it be this one.

Keto is not a magic bullet that will help you shed the pounds with one weird trick (personal trainers hate him).

If you overeat on keto you will not lose weight.
If you overeat on literally any other diet you will not lose weight.

The beauty of a ketogenic diet is that you will be burning fat as your primary fuel source.

This results in you feeling satisfied after eating less, and therefore consuming fewer calories overall.

A caloric deficit is achieved.

This results in weightloss, regardless of which diet is followed.

The main difference is that on keto, you won't feel like ripping your hair out or skullfucking your girlfriend when you realize she LEFT HER GODDAMN SOCKS ON THE FLOOR AGAIN.

Plus, all the bacon you can eat. FUCK.
>>
>>35396079
keto isn't all bad like that obamamode nignog is saying.

unless you have a history of kidney stones or gallstones, in which case you should consult your primary physician, keto is worth at least a shot.

that dude is taking scientific articles out of context and applying them to the situation. flashing nih abstracts on a youtube video doesn't make you more credible. it makes you an asshole. like john kiefer.
>>
I used keto to drop about 20 lbs in 2 or 3 months, but it was shitty. I felt tired and hungry every fucking minute. It is very effective, but I wouldnt do it again unless i was an obese fucker.
>>
>>35396162
Ketostix test the urine for ketones and cost about 20 bucks over the counter from any pharmacy... So no, it's quite easy to see if you're in keto lol
>>
>>35396890
>>35396162

ketostix don't work very well to test for ketones. it's more accurate if you do a blood test, but that's not as convenient. also, it only takes a few days if you regularly consume a high fat diet.
>>
File: ketogenic-diet-vancouver-2.jpg (61 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
ketogenic-diet-vancouver-2.jpg
61 KB, 851x315
alright so I'm the guy that's been on keto for 4 days. Why ? I just like to try different diets and see how they affect my body. I've done paleo, vegetarian and vegan so far. Paleo was by far the best for aesthetics/gains, and vegan was absolute shit considering vegan proteins are of poor quality, leading to longer muscle recovery, therefore less gains.

here are some keto videos.
>How keto improves your brain function, and helps with memory,depression,add, etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzI1wt4cWU [Embed]

>a keto guy shitting on vegan youtubers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOsbLrwOaUw [Embed]

>what to buy on keto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09QW5kitwc [Embed]

Alright so here are my thoughts after only 4 days. Please note that I barely ate fat in 2015. I was mainly on carbs and proteins with no fats.

>my memory is better. I often have to memorize phone numbers at work and noticed I don't have to alt-tab to check the number I'm supposed to call again (inb4 minimum wage call center job)
>my bf% is going down
>I'm fucking horny. I jerk off 3-4 times a day, which is unheard of for me
>my brain feels... different (in a good way)
>my skin looks much, much better

I understand it's only 4 days, but so far so good, the fat loss (even if it's ''just water weight', is really amazing, would definately recommend for someone that wants to do q quick cut)

I went training for the 1st time today and ate carbs for the 1st time in 4 days as well (except minor carbs from vegetables). Anyway, I ate a banana and a half plus took a scoop of preworkout. I felt... weird breh. I was listening to this house mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBGABur_AE
and felt like I was in a rave on some drugs. I had a gum and noticed I was chewing it non-stop, and my pupils were dilated. At some point I thought I had shit my pants, so I went to the bathroom and was relieved to find out it was all clean. Tomorrow I'll go to the gym again and only have a banana... no preworkout :3
>>
Tittysprinkles
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.