[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I'm new here, and relatively new to working out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: seal cry.jpg (28 KB, 551x367) Image search: [Google]
seal cry.jpg
28 KB, 551x367
Hey /fit/, I'm new here, and relatively new to working out. I just read the sticky and it was great reading. My problem is that I don't currently have access to a gym nearby. Can anyone recommend a good program for working out at home?
I have 2 dumbbells (20kg max), a pullup-bar and the will to make it.
>>
Are you starting from hungry skeleton or hamplanet mode?
>>
>>35393019
I have low body fat %, and I actually have some muscles from working out.
I have been doing:
20 pushups x4
10 pullups x4
8 bicepcurls x 4 (15kg)
and then 4x plank
>>
>>35393071
I'm no expert on bodyweight routines but there doesn't seem like much more you could be doing. Except legs and some more DB work; OHP, Chest Press, Rows. Though you'll need >20kg eventually.

You really need to get a gym though.
>>
>>35393003
I recomend you stop being a pussy and join a gym, no one is going to bully you.
>>
Do you run?
>>
>>35393291
I am not afraid of getting bullied, I cannot afford a gym membership, as I'm helping my sister being able to go to college
>>
>>35393329
No I've never been a runner, and in the winter i find it very demotivating and cold to run outside. Is it good for getting a great body? I dont need to lose fat.
>>
>>35393612
Cardio is helpful with building endurance and all general fitness, not just loosing fat.
>>
>>35393784
Ah allright I see, I will most definitely start running then. Do you have any thoughts on muscle building excercises?
>>
Dumbbell front and lat raises, bicep curls and tricep extensions. Pullups, pushups, dips (Add weight with your dumbbells once able), squats, working up to pistol squats, stair sprints or hill sprints, bridges and hanging leg raises are what I can think of.
If I were to compose the routine, I guess I'd do
A
>Pushups or dips 5x10
>Tricep extensions 5x10-12
>Lat raises 5x10-12
>Front raises 5x10-12

B
>Pullups or chinups 5x10
>Bicep curl of your choice 5x10-12
>Bridges 5x10

C
>Squats 5x10
>Hanging leg raises 5x10
>Stair or hill sprints

ABCABCX
Of course, that's not to say you'll be able to do 5x10 at once, nor even 1x1 of some of them, but if you look up how to progress into the exercises (Hanging leg raises and bridges come to mind), you'll be knocking out reps soon enough. By the time you get to 5x10 of each, you shouldn't have any big issues.
Not gonna suggest doing DB OHP since you have so light dumbbells, but if you're feeling really ballsy, you could try getting into handstand pushups, which I'd do on the A day, either before or in place of pushups or dips.
>>
>>35394788
Thanks alot man, I'll try it out no doubt!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.