[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Face pulls: How to? Is this a good video on form? https://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: chocolate golumette.jpg (155 KB, 700x1258) Image search: [Google]
chocolate golumette.jpg
155 KB, 700x1258
Face pulls: How to?

Is this a good video on form?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ump40tRo318
>>
>>35392738
Incredible how different these tutorials can be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
>>
>>35392738

think of the face pull as a stretch and not a lift. go very light.
>>
>>35392738
IMO

The classic face pull should be at ~shoulder height and pulled upwards, like Omar's video demonstrates. The reasoning being the the deltoid is the target and, naturally, raises the arms.

But you have to consider what you are actually getting out of it. The posterior deltoids are still working hard, even if you are not pulling upwards.
In many cases, face pulls are done for posterior development and posture.
So in the case of posture, is an upward pull really what you want? The classic desk jockey has overactive traps and anterior deltoids, creating a look with shrugged and internally rotated shoulders.

So, when I perform facepulls, I intentionally avoid pulling upwards and pull horizontally or even a little downwards, with the cable set up at ~eye level.

In general though, you're going to have to think about that you want to get out of it and then practice each variety.
After you practice each variety, you should be able to just FEEL what is right for you and what works in the ultimate goal of pulling your shoulders back and apart. As long as you're making an effort to keep your shoulders back and pulling apart with your posterior delts, you are doing it right (just perhaps not ideal)

So yeah, just practice everything and see what feels right. Then keep doing it.

I'd also like to add, in OPs linked video, it appears as though she is pulling upwards, but she actually has a slight backwards lean of the torso, bringing the relative path to horizontal, not upwards.
>>
>>35395075
This. It was the last thing I did on upper days, and it was 3x12 at like 30lbs. Slow and intentionally feeling the burn in your rear delt.

I recently started playing with light DB reverse flies for rear delt. Feels good.
>>
>>35395167
Now I'll also add that I don't even do cable pulls anymore and just do resistance band pull aparts and face pulls at the end of workouts. Resistance band allows for greater ROM and stretch
>>
>>35395167
I was the Anon that posted Omar's vid. I like your post. I did face pulls yesterday and thought about going neutral or down as I have that forward shoulder rotation.

How do you stand? One foot in front of the other? I mix it up and brace my core when I pull.
>>
>>35395267
>One food in front of the other
As >>35395075 said, you should go light. This means that you should not need a staggered stance to offset the weight being moved. Stand straight and just bend your knees slightly so you are stable

I really don't understand why anyone would want a staggered stance for anything (except smartass responses like split jerks and lunges)
>>
File: average sick aussie cunt.jpg (66 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
average sick aussie cunt.jpg
66 KB, 560x420
>>35395167
>>35395221
>>35395245
>>35395422

Cheers cunts
>>
>>35395422
Thanks m8. I was going heavy. I'll do lighter. I don't typically use machines so I'm not used to stance.
>>
>>35395587
Literally start at the lightest weight to get the feel for it. Slow negative and pause in the 'bicep pose' position. Aim for 15 reps
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.