[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ Anyone works out with their dogbro? Any excercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: captive-wolf-pack1.jpg (187 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
captive-wolf-pack1.jpg
187 KB, 800x532
Hey /fit/
Anyone works out with their dogbro?
Any excercises that wouldnt be considered as cardio?

I kinda has to workout at home and i would like to bulk, and while at it it would be nice if i could work out with my dogbro as well.

Is this possible, or am i chasing a dream, and i have to wait until i can go to a gym regularly?
>>
>>35392595
3x12 dogbro squats
3x5 dogbro deadlifts
3x5 dogbro bench presses
>>
>>35392747
Dogbro is only like 65 lbs
>>
>>35392595
I have a cousin who literally killed his dog with a 40 lbs dumbbell. I wasn't there, but supposedly, he got this new dumbbell set (actually two dumbbells that were supposed to go to 20 lbs each) for his birthday a few years ago. He was bragging about it with a friend and maxed one of the dumbbells out to 40 lbs and did stupid pseudo exercises with it until the dumbbell fell out of his hand because he was 16 or something and had zero grip strength. Eventually the dumbbell landed on his dogs head and crushed it's skull. The vet put the dog down, as there was nothing he could do.
>>
>>35392747
>lmao1dogbro
>>
>>35392917
Sorry about the dog.
I dont have any weights anyways
>>
>>35392917
What a rat bastard
>>
>>35392595
Have you considered working out normally and then cooling down by playing catch with your dogbro and just aiming for a higher throw when you throw the ball to him?
>>
>>35393014
For the next half year i will have work and university, which takes enough time as it is, and i dont want to spend another 2 hours away from him.
>>
Careful when working out with your dog OP, over exercising them can be bad for them, especially running mega long distances etc. Your dog will just enjoy being around you whatever you do, so just have him there when you work out so he feels he's taking part in the pack leaders activity. Then to reward him just do usual dog fun stuff, ball throwing/long walk etc
>>
>>35392595
I do. We have cardio together and then he hangs around the home gym when I lit. It's awesome. If I skip workout he sneaks into the bedroom and fetches my gloves, as if to say 'no you don't'

>>35392917
That's fucking horrible.
>>
>>35393200
*lift
>>
>>35392595
There are a few books about this. You can do like dog push ups and sled pulls. Dogs apparently also work well with pulleys tho I have yet to see this irl. I can imagine it working. You could also get a bite suit or do skip rope or something.
>>
get a sled and tell your dogbro to pull it or you'll beat his fucking ass
>>
also get a rope and do tug of war with your dogbro while periodically calling him a faggot when he's not winning
>>
>>35393402
meanie
>>
>>35392917
the most common type of weight-lifting injury is from the dropping of weights on the feet or torso according to data from the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission.

it seems like weight-lifting safety should really be focused on holding them properly as much as on exercise form.

>source: http://fitnessandfatless.yolasite.com/index/weightlifting-injury-statistics
>>
File: 1444886478446.gif (2 MB, 426x639) Image search: [Google]
1444886478446.gif
2 MB, 426x639
>>35392595
>tfw no dogbro
>>
>>35392917
Youre gonna carry that weight
>>
>>35394119
Then get a dog you faggot. They're free at the shelter
>>
>>35394167
They usually ask for the cost of spaying/neutering. Also even if you get the dog free, you have to buy the necessary equipment, not to talk about buying food for the rest of the dog's life, and the occasional vet costs can easily be more than the initial cost of a dog from a reputable breeder.

And even then we haven't talked about the situations like non-dogfriendly living spaces, lack of time/energy to care for a dog, etc.
>>
>>35392917
SNAUSAGES
NOOOO
>>
>>35392595
I walk with my dog bro, he is a Duschund so he can not run.
However he carries his own backpack full of goodies on our hikes.
He is a german breed so he isn't scrawny for a wiener dog, more like a large hound.
>>
>>35394235
It's not that expensive, and as long as you adapt your life around the doge, there is usually no problem. If you can't be bothered then you're not responsible enough for a dogbro. Your choice, breh. I will say, it is completely worth it if you take the plunge. My doge is the most awesome dude in the world. Can't imagine life without him.
>>
>>35394295
>It's not that expensive
It definitely is that expensive. I can only guess that mummy and daddy have "your" dog which you very responsibly walk when you can be bothered and feed with food you didn't buy. This makes you "responsible" because being a general fuck up has caused your parents to set the bar very low.

I love having a pet but food and vets bills are not nothing. And on top of that I have a good salary and am p frugal and live in a house so it's not like I'm particularly disadvantaged here.
>>
My Mastiff dogbro has been my best workout companion for ten years. We used to do running, biking, swimming, kayaking, cani-cross, agility, weight pull. Not to mention at least an hour of 'normal' walking a day. Now he is eleven and his spine is no good any more so he cant walk without a limp, much less do anything really active. Still take him on the kayak, and considering a bike trailer so he can come with me on rides. Today we played in the snow for an hour and he's passed out hard in my lap now. My poor old man. I love him more than anything in the entire world and I am gonna be so fucked up when he leaves me.
>>
And yes, no such thing as a 'free' dog. Granted, a small dog is going to be cheaper in all respects, and you can save money for certain things like vaccinations if you know how to administer them yourself, and food if you know how to prepare it properly yourself, but there are always going to be maintenance and unexpected costs with pets. You're looking at food, vet care, toys/treats, grooming at a basic level. If your pet eats something retarded or gets hit by a car or what have you and needs emergency surgery that can be thousands of dollars. When they get old and start falling apart they cost you more. My dog has cost me more in vet bills in the last year than the rest of his life combined. Between food, supplements, medicine, vet care, and acupuncture I've spent over 10k on my dog in 2015. Over the ten+ years I've had him my 'free' dog has cost me over 100k (although he is 110lbs, also). Worth it? To me, yes. But I imagine I feel that way because I have the chemical bond with him that people get over their kids, so it's not the most logical viewpoint.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.