[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>6'6 >80 kg >29 y/o >Skinny on the cusp of skinnyfat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1445144537186.jpg (1 MB, 2200x3300) Image search: [Google]
1445144537186.jpg
1 MB, 2200x3300
>6'6
>80 kg
>29 y/o
>Skinny on the cusp of skinnyfat
>For medical reasons can't do squats, deadlifts or similar exercises that put a lot of pressure on lower abdomen

Is it too late for me? Is my family's runner genetics too shitty to do lifting with? Should I just kill myself or deal with the fact that I'll always hate the look of my body?

Never seen a before/after-pictures where someone with my body type and age actually managed to become aesthetic.
>>
>Should I just kill myself

yeah, might as well
>>
>>35390008
there are other exercises m8, not jus squats and dl
>>
>>35390008
Read the sticky
>>
>>35390224

those two are tough to replace though
they're the core
i'd still suggest suicide
>>
>>35390283
squats can easily be replaced by leg press/isolations, a lot of lifters don't do squats for similar reasons

fuck if I know what deadlifts even work (hams, glutes, lower back?) or what can replace em tho
>>
>>35390008
>For medical reasons

Quit being a fucking pussy
>>
>>35390283
Squats and Deadlifts, while important, aren't as important as /fit/ makes them out to be. You can get a good body without either, no exercise is so important that you can't achieve the body you want without it. Muscles are muscles, they respond the same way to any exercise that trains them. Sure they are great because they are compounds, meaning they train multiple muscle groups, but you can replace them. Squats can be replaced with leg press and other leg isolations. Deadlifts work many muscles, the main one is the lower back though, hyperextensions are my favorite lower back exercise for example (although i don't know if OP can do them, given his abdomen situation), they also work traps, abs, hamstrings, glutes, forearms, and triceps (although some of them aren't worked that hard), and you can just do isolations for them
>>
>>35390008
what medical reasons are those?
because my body used to be rather fucked up and with the help of deadlifts and squats i've managed to restore a lot of its functionality. still can only sumo deadlift though.

>>35390338
leg press is equally dangerous when it comes to internal pressure. pretty sure people have been known to temporarily have a BP of 400 doing legpresses.
>>
whos laughing now lanklets MUAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35390008
siblings...
>>
>>35390376
>don't listen to doctors, listen to /fit/

Yeah, maybe not.
>>
>>35390008
what medical reasons?
>>
I'd like to answer, but I think I'd prefer if the discussion was partly about the consequences of my medical issues, rather than the issues themselves. No offense, but I trust /fit/ more when it comes to lifting than I do medical issues.
>>
>>35390639

no trust us though
we are all mds
>>
>>35390549
>>35390639
>>35390469
>what medical reasons?

Medical reasons is just code on /fit/ for "I don't wanna" but also gives them a free pass to not be called out on it.
>>
>>35390708

Which is also the case here, I'm 90% certain.
>>
File: 1437718655224.jpg (55 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
1437718655224.jpg
55 KB, 500x741
Okay, I'll tell you and I suspect I'll abandon the thread afterwards, because it'll kill it.

My father was fucking born with a hernia. My brother got one when he was eighteen. I went to the doctor as soon as I began squatting and felt a burning sensation close to my groiin. They looked at me and said I had a few weak points in my lower abdominal wall, the beginning of tears. It's not enough to warrant surgery and it's not currently dangerous, they said, but that it can lead to hernia if too much pressure is put on my lower body. They suggested that I'd do what I always have until now, i.e., just stick to running and jumping. I told them I was trying to gain and lift weights and they said, "well, hmpf, keep an eye on it then..."

So this means that every single time I'm squatting, I'm feeling a burning sensation and wondering whether this will be the moment when my guts spill into my fucking ballsack, leaving me screaming on the gym floor. Tell me I'm a pussy, faggot, making excuses, whatever. That shit right there means that I can't squat properly or heavy. It's like a constant fear.
>>
>>35390895
lol goddamn dem genes
also faggot
just lift
>>
>>35390895
So don't fucking squat or deadlift. To get some meaningful advice in this thread, it'd probably help a lot of you stated your actual goal or posted a goal body or something. Then you could maybe get some advice that can help you. "Aesthetic" means a lot of things to a lot of people. You can basically achieve anything shy of bear mode without squats or deads. It just take more careful programming and probably more time.
>>
>>35390895
Is it so hard to still do the exercises but with the lowest weight progression possible?

Like, if you have a predisposition to hernias or lower back issuea just squat bodyweight until it seems easy as fuck, only then start doong them weighted. Same with deadlifts, hell start with just the bar of you feel you can break something with more weigth. Believe it or not, the body adapts to everything if you let it do it by progresssing slowly and give it time to adapt and strengthen the tissues.
>>
few such photos exist because it almost never happens. it's not mostly about the lifting either. really tall skinnyfags just hate eating a lot and can't keep it up.
>>
>>35391342
Sorry for the typos,my cellphone keyboard is shit.
>>
File: skinny.jpg (104 KB, 1070x1500) Image search: [Google]
skinny.jpg
104 KB, 1070x1500
OP here.

To a lot of people on here, this looks like a pathetic before-picture. If I could look somewhat like this, however, It'd make me very fucking happy.

Still skinny, but with structure, lines and an upper body (I basically have none). I weigh 80 now. I don't know how much more weight would be required.
>>
>>35391491

I see literally nothing pathetic about this guy. Wide shoulders, defined muscles. Good genetics. This is pretty much what women want and I want to have a body like this since I'd rather impress a qt3,14 than some dude at the gym.
>>
Leg press
>>
>>35390895
Doctor here. Don't do stupid shit like squatting unless your goal is to place a prosthesis inside your guts.
Do swimming instead. You can exercise the muscles of your whole body without any pressure on the abdomen.
If still want to do some lifting, don't forget to focus on breathing. Making an effort with your glottis closed increases the abdominal pressure.
>>
>>35391640

This.

Here op:

Bench press
Pullups
Dips
Leg press

Use those as your mains. Leg presses don't put as much pressure on your abdomen if you do them right.
>>
>>35391491
if his head was proportional instead of xboxhueg, he would look good
>>
>>35391699
his head isnt huge his body is just small
>>
>>35391491
Seriously every one in /fit would consider him >dyel but c'mon this board is fit not tank. I think that's a pretty good body type to have especially with your height. A lot of 6'6" people I see are douches who puff out their chest and have huge biceps.
>>
>>35391491
just do dumbbell stuff, 4 sets of 12 reps.
you know the shit
lateral raises, front raises, chest flies, curls, shrugs, rows etc etc.
do some weighted pullups, dips, leg raises
you can go hard at the gym without rupturing your shit you know
if you're 6'6 you'd probably weigh around 105kg looking like that
>>
>>35392156

Thank you. That's helpful. I appreciate the weight estimate, also. 105 seems like a lot, but maybe it isn't.
>>
>>35392164

If you're twentynine now you probably won't look like that until you're thirtynine though and then you'll lose it soon enough because of natural hormone death.
>>
>>35392164
It was just an estimate man, I honestly have no idea. Maybe 90kg is more realistic with that low BF%
>>
>>35390505
Every girl you asked out
>>
>>35391491
This is a body that gaybois and chicks want. Nothing wrong if that's what you want. He wants attention from women, not men. His male friends probably make fun of him since he's small but who cares when he's getting ass from 20 year old hipster college sloots.
>>
>>35392349

Why, as a hetero male, would I bust my ass trying to impress other hetero males with my body?
>>
>>35392378

You become super big to establish physical dominance over other males. This will make you feel like you deserve women in theory, even though few of them might want to fuck you in practice.
>>
>mfw my doctor caught me squatting when he told me not to

I got yelled at by a 5'2 angry asian man in the middle of the gym

> I TOLD YOUNO SQUAT MR.ANON
>YOUR BACK NO GOOD
>WHY YOU NO LISTEN?
>>
>>35394323

What are you on about?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.