[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fcg/- Form Check General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: CAM00246.webm (3 MB, 1196x554) Image search: [Google]
CAM00246.webm
3 MB, 1196x554
Sorry for the shity WebM, this was my first attempt at converting a video to one. Please tell me why I should kill myself without mentioning my height.
>>
>>35389824
it's sideways, also nice good mornings
>>
>>35389874

I know, I don't know why I fucked up. You can change rotate your laptop though, no?

>also nice good mornings

How do I fix that then?
>>
File: 1449583829629.jpg (9 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1449583829629.jpg
9 KB, 174x167
>>35389824

Why you do this to mah neck, faggot?!
>>
File: 1450705212676.gif (80 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1450705212676.gif
80 KB, 248x203
>>35389892
Look up hip drive
>>
>>35389944
He's using hip drive *facepalm*
>>
File: 5divereu_2146840i.jpg (44 KB, 449x620) Image search: [Google]
5divereu_2146840i.jpg
44 KB, 449x620
Weight is too heavy. Drop the weight and do a 5x5 SL split until you get your strength up.
>>
>>35389824
You look like you're attempting to do a high bar squat from a low bar position.

In a low bar squat you should only be just breaking parallel, you let /fit/ troll you into muh ATG
>>
your lower back is rounding at the bottom. don't make a habit of that.

its probably because of tight hamstrings but could be because of weak abs or a weak lower back.
>>
>>35389892
focus on puffing your chest out like a proud cock
>>
>>35389944

I am using it. That is what causes excessive forward-lean while squatting. Anyway, the reason why I posted this was to find out if I was doing a proper low-bar, since a lot of people seem to have trouble going ATG with it, and I am not particularly flexible.

>>35389953

No it isn't, I succeeded a set of 3x5 with that weight, and also upped the weight by 2.5 kgs the next working-day and succeeded that too.

>>35389985

I feel more muscles work while I squat ATG though, so I am going to keep doing that. Should I just switch to high-bar, then? It seems to me that the main reason why I wouldn't be able to squat as much with high-bar is a worse torque rather than the depth.
>>
>>35390027
If you want to be a "muh depth" faggot then yes, you should switch to high bar. You're losing tightness at the bottom and rounding over because almost no one has the ability to hit that depth low bar.
>>
>>35389824
your caving in and doing a squat morning every rep.
>>
>>35389953

Please never post on /fit/ ever again.
>>
>>35390027
>succeeded
if you did your reps with form as shitty as that, you didn't do shit lad. drop down to a weight you can do with proper form - that is your actual 5 rep max, not some forced garbage like that.
>>
you're falling into the hole, losing tightness in your back and coming up too fast with your hips compared to your back. it's just a mess. you're trying to lift too heavy. drop the weight and focus on keeping everything tight and solid throughout the whole rep.
>>
>>35390313

That's retarded though. Your 5 rep max is the highest weight you can move for 5 reps. Of course it is going to be "forced".

>>35390448

I don't understand why people think reps should be done slowly. It isn't like I am shaking or losing balance or something; I am hitting depth and coming up.

The reason I posted this was to ask if I could low-bar properly, and if I should switch to high-bar, and how much that would cost me in terms of weight.
>>
>>35389824
CHEST UP!
>>
Slow down the decent.
Go down nice, slow and controlled. Stay tight.
Chest up, chin up, drive up with the chest on the ascent.

I'd start with that.
>>
>>35389824
Shit form, lower the weight, start again
>>
>>35391096
Your form is shit, you are lifting with your back bent over, you asked, we are telling you
>>
>posts asking for critique

>won't listen to critique

I shiggy diggy
>>
>>35391096
Listen here you idiot

You DO NOT know what you're talking about. Your squat is very ugly. Don't act like an expert when you can't manage to squat baby weight well.

You are clearly losing tightness at the bottom because you don't understand what a squat should look like.
>>
When your coming up just think about pushing your back into the barbell and your feet going through the ground.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.