[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever puked at the gym? If so, how and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: puke.png (470 KB, 763x588) Image search: [Google]
puke.png
470 KB, 763x588
Have you ever puked at the gym?

If so, how and why?
>>
>>35388697
I did a 20 rep breathing squat set with 495 lbs, puked, called myself a stupid cunt, and didn't move for 20 minutes lying next to the puke.
>>
Never in the gym, but at my team off ice hockey training. Those HIIT tabata combined with running mane
>>
Ate a big breakfast, went to the gym right after because I was short on time. Then after a set of leg presses I knew I done goofed.
Powerwalked to the bathroom and puked
>>
File: 47 chan.jpg (42 KB, 353x328) Image search: [Google]
47 chan.jpg
42 KB, 353x328
First day I puked.

Two years ago, I went into the gym without water and thought I could just dominate due to never drinking water when I jogged. I puked on the exit stairs and returned three days later.
>>
>>35388697

Come close on a number of occasions but nothing more than a bit of dry heave once in toilet.

If I can get sugar into me quickly, juice or energy bar or something it subsides. I've heard deep exhaling can help, something about removing CO2 or some shit
>>
>eat shitload of chicken alfredo for dinner
>immediately visit gym
>squat, leg press fine
>superset leg extensions and leg curls
>tunnel vision, ringing in ears
>proceed to toilet
>remove dinner
>>
>8 hour arms
>finally done, leaving the gym
>look in the mirror
>see humanity
>8 million scoops worth of puke lands on the floor
>>
File: 697012.jpg (120 KB, 555x645) Image search: [Google]
697012.jpg
120 KB, 555x645
>>35388697
>tfw bulimic
>>
>puked on three occasions while doing core.
>puked once because food poisoning and workout-anyway.jpg
>puked once the first time I took creatine.
>puked once after deadlift while having flu.
>puked once while working out with concussion. almost passed out.

people remember me at my gym. I wonder why
>>
We did sprints/calisthenics and face paced lifting for football in the offseason and I've vomited about once a year or so.

A combination of heart racing and sucking down water.
>>
>>35388697
puked after going for 180kg 3x5 diddlys for the first time. at the end of my last set i puked a little into my towel. i tried to act like i had to cough, but it stunk horrible, no idead if someone noticed
>>
>>35388941
Did you become a fountain?
>>
>>35388697
puked first time i went and went straight back to it. its natural when youre pushing yourself where you havent been
>>
Swam at national level for years. Yakked after almost every distance event at championship meets.
>>
>>35389154
Sounds like you have issues with your gagging reflex
>>
I used to puke before rugby matches/usually from being hungover or nervous.
Ive puked in the gym twice, hard work+fucking up meal timing and preworkout.
If you puke in the gym, it doesnt make you tough, youre just dumb and fucked up meal timing/water
>>
I've puked from working out more times than I can count. Started after the age of 12 from conditioning days at gymnastics practice. Just fuck my shit up with a million bodyweight and core exercises. Usually combined with normal practice later in the day with skills and event work.

Now I puke every once in a while from lifting. Don't know why other than I'm working out hard.
>>
>>35388900
You win
>>
Nope. But I was doing decline sit ups when I felt some phlegm building at the back of my mouth.

As I was coming up I exhaled a little too hard with my mouth open and shot a projectile about 1.5 metres across the floor.

Then I finished my set and did some cardio.
>>
Ate something before gym like a friend of mine suggested me to and puked after we finished.
People thought I was taking steroids.
>>
>>35389685
Why did they think that?
>>
>>35389712
They never saw anyone puking after exercise, oddly enough.
It was just breakfast that went up.
>>
>>35389737
Your gym is filled with retards, breh
>>
>>35389744
You have no idea.
There are literal clichès in my gym.
>>
>>35389744
>>35389760

Puking after purely lifting is pretty pleb to be quite frank relation
>>
>>35389883
Depends on the lifting and the body, bro. I tend to puke often, it's just how I'm wired.
>>
>>35389883
Well it's just how you're made. Remember when people tell you to never exercise after eating otherwise you'll feel sick? That counts for me 5 times more.
I'm fine eating after going to the gym.
>>
>been going to gym seriously for 3 years, semi-seriously for like 8 at this point, plenty of gains
>move, switch to new gym, they offer free hour with a pt when you join
>figure its probably not going to learn much, but what the hell its free, cant hurt.
>show up, PT is a scrawny black kid who smells faintly of 'hustla' (i live near detroit)
>we get started
>bumpees, hanging leg raises, laying leg raises, crunches...
>basically an hour of bodyweight stuff, 80% of which hits or focuses on abs
>finally finish. feeling... strange...
>go sit back down with PT at his desk, he starts trying to sell me on more lessons, talking about more features the gym offers, on and fucking on and on
>I am practically off in lala land, not focused at all like I'm about to pass out
>he wont shut the fuck up so finally I say "i gotta use the bathroom" and just get up, I dunno what he said in response
>of course the bathroom is clear across the entire gym
>make it there
>puke my guts out, red preworkout and all.

never happened before, never happened since. this was like two years or more ago now. was really strange. i almost wonder if theres some like... military workout or something that guarantees the subject will puke that he did to me. *shrug*
>>
>had a couple of beers with some friends
>head to the gym afterwards as planned
>do light chest and shoulder routine
>puke my guts up in the bathroom

Who else here /noalcoholtolerance/
>>
>>35390071
How could you not see that coming, dude?
>>
>>35390032
nigger put his watermelawn spray on the weights
>>
>>35390032
Probably all that ab work
>>
>>35390088
I thought I was man enough to handle 2 beers and workout.
I was wrong
>>
>>35390277
lel
>>
>>35388697
Not exactly at the gym because i live pretty near it so i just walked home, but one time i didn't wait long enough after eating and ended up puking.
>>
Was doing dumbbell rows and stomach didn't feel right. Immediately stopped set, speed walked to the bathroom, resisted throwing up until there was a free stall. Threw up all over the toilet.
>>
When I first started out lifting, I threw up after an intense routine for what I was doing at the time, haven't thrown up ever since.
>>
>>35388917
>the first time I took creatine.
fuck man if I take 2 scoops of creatine I puke everytime
>>
>>35388697
I have vomited from over exertion 3 or 4 times. I always made it to the bathroom

I just pushed myself too hard when I was starting out
>>
First time I've ever worked out I puked right outside the gym thankfully noone was there to see me except my gym buds who laughed at me for the entire day
>>
it's most of the time because of not waiting long enough after eating.

i never actually puked, but after doing bent-over rows or deadlifts i had to swallow a mouth full of vomit sometimes.

i always try to wait 2-3h after eating but sometimes it's not possible.
>>
>>35388735
Hahah this made me chuckle thanks.
>>
Only once, went to the gym without eating breakfast, ended up dry-heaving on the way back to the house.
>>
>>35391243
You're a sensitive little boy, aren't you?
>>
>>35391497

kek
>>
>>35388697
Went too hard on the treadmill after a couple weeks without running at all

Ran into the locker room and threw up in the toilet
>>
>>35388697

No, but I often feel lightheaded if it's the first time I've been in the gym for a long time. One time I actually passed out on the floor.

I must not have been out for very long because nobody even noticed. I had sat down, and then must have slumped forward onto the floor face first from there.
>>
>>35392257
>everyone PC
lel did you slump forward facing mecca? they thought you were praying
>>
>>35388697
Sometimes get some serious nausea when I do high rep squats (12+ reps) or dumbbell rows
Never puked though
>>
>stumble into gym
>yell at the bitch behind the counter incoherently
>crawl to the rest room and take a massive liquor shit
>miss the toilet
>limp back over to the counter bitch and yell at her to keep the place cleaner
>find my way to the bench knocking over a motivation poster as I bump into walls
>bench 1.5pl8 for 5 reps
>throw up cheetos, peppermint snapps, and taco bell fire hot sauce everywhere
>don't rerack the weight
>homegym master race
>>
Took 2 percocet on anmnd tried to go hard on squats on an empty stomach. I thought I was going to die
>>
>>35392384
Wow. What the fuck happened, phone?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (74 KB, 620x431) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
74 KB, 620x431
Low blood pressure issues causing seizures sometimes. Before and/or after seizures I usually throw up. One of the meat heads at the gym finds this hilarious.
>>
>>35392371
Sometimes I think it might be good not to have a home gym. What if I come home drunk as fuck and a bit pissed and decide to do a max effort bench and accidentally kill myself?
>>
Did abs, weird medication and no breakfast. Made it to the toilet. Some asshole walked in mid puking and prob thought I was hung over.
>>
>>35392577
bench inside a rack then
>>
>>35392577
Make sure you film it
>>
>>35392671
I'm not a very smart drunk DESU
>>
>be me 4 months ago
>some new Bogan arse guys I've never seen before are in the gym
>I'm taking a shower after work out (individual cubicles)
>hear hurried footsteps out side then liquid spill on the floor
>wtf is going on
>shower curtain ripped open and one of the Bogans power chucks blood and bile all over my naked clean body and my towel.
>had to reshower and use my gym towel to dry myself.
>when I left I felt like I was doing a walk of shame
>>
>>35388747
crossfit fag
>>
>>35392839
>blood and bile.
you wot mate?
>>
>>35388697
Puked after runningn the 1.5 mile cooper test under 10 minutes with hardly any training.
>>
>>35392868
Cunt was fuck I went to the doctors straight after to make sure I didn't catch the hiv
>>
>>35392915
Smart move
>>
Multiple times, mainly due to empty stomach and too much water.
>>
>>35388735
You didnt breath for 20 reps?! How and why?
>>
Puked in the bathroom while an intense leg workout, took a minute to get myself back up and kept lifting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXgQd8IlPc
>>
Not at the gym but once after rugby training,it was all water though so it wasnt too bad
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.