[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Pectus1.jpg (41 KB, 306x390) Image search: [Google]
Pectus1.jpg
41 KB, 306x390
Hi guys. I don't know if this sort of thing has already been discussed here but here it goes:

I have Pectus excavatum and don't intend to grow my chest, simply because I don't like exposing my chest, pic related. Should I skip it to focus more on other muscles or will I be unbalanced if I skip chest?
>>
Just get the surgery for it.
>>
You should aim at training your whole body without skipping x zone and muscle group just because you're not confident enough or whatever.

You can get surgery, or lift so that the problem will be way less noticeable. Also, a big chest is alpha.
>>
Just train it anyway, just because you dont intend to show it you dont have to neglet it, it will cause imbalances. Plus it makes PE less noticeable with a shirt on
>>
>>35388277
>just get the surgery

How retarded are you? Like, are you stupid enough to purposely pull things out of your ass for shits and giggles, or do you really believe the advice you shitpost?

No certified doctor will touch an extreme pectus excavatum case for cosmetic purposes. Why? Do you know what organ is in your chest? Do you?

You probably fucking don't.

It's your fucking heart and all the arteries and major veins that run through it. If it is already in a fragile state because the ribcage is compressed, do you really think any doctor is going to risk absolutely murdering a patient by breaking open the ribcage and shattering the bones to reset them in to a different position just for some chance at cosmetic gain?

Since you have no fucking clue, no, they won't. Insurance won't cover it because it's cosmetic, and doctors won't even do the surgery out of pocket because there's too much risk of being sued for malpractice, because murdering a patient for money is literally malpractice.
>>
>>35388515

I had a bf when I was younger that had a case as bad as the one in the pic and he had the surgery. His was covered by insurance. He was 14 at the time don't know if that makes a difference.
>>
>>35388515
If it's an "extreme" case it probably impairs the lungs functioning anyway? So the odds are good a doctor will agree to do the surgery. But if the PE is minor, the doctors will probably say no.
>>
>>35388201
My friend has that and it made his pecs look huge when he started lifting. Like they're big but they look massive, and you can't tell he has the condition anymore
>>
>>35388201
Just get the surgery like we all do you dumb fucking retard
>>
>>35388515
If it's severe it can impair the hart and lungs and docotors will operate, if it's only cosmetic they will consider it only if it cause severe body image issues or if they are really really greedy. Also out of puberty the chances to get surgery are less because it's harder to succeed.
T. Guy with PE who talked to a doctor
>>
>>35388515
> The Nuss procedure is a minimally-invasive procedure, invented in 1987 by Dr. Donald Nuss for treating pectus excavatum.[1] He developed it at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, in Norfolk, Virginia. The operation typically takes approximately two hours.[2]:1277
>>
>>35388201
Damn son r u a bird?
>BIIIIIRD MAAAAN

lol I'm tons to stoned for shit
>>
>>35388201
>Pectus excavatum
>people talking about surgery
>in a board about fitness
The metal spring inserted in this operation will push toward the lung, effectively decreasing breathing capacity.
>>
Hi everyone, OP here. Just to clarify, in my case it isn't severe, since my heart and lungs function properly. It really is just a cosmetic nuissance.

About the surgery, I read about many different procedures, and I'll definitely look up which would suit me best, how much will it cost, etc. I used to only ignore the problem since I don't usually take my shirt off.

From what I got from this thread is that I should still keep doing chest, like the trainer in my gym recommended. I wasn't sure b4 but I think that's what I really should do.
>>
>>35388515
Lol. Did you just make that up?

>Surgeons not wanting to make money.
>>
>>35388779
For sure Train chest, I had a friend in high-school who began lifting and he swears the muscle growth helped fix his ribcage.
>>
>>35388515
Simmer the fuck down. Is the patient alive? Functioning normally? Then the case isn't extreme. This surgery has been routine for twenty years.
>>
>>35388779
You should work chest to avoid muscle imbalance anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.