[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I lost my job and had to move back home, all the way back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: a farewell to gains.jpg (20 KB, 287x480) Image search: [Google]
a farewell to gains.jpg
20 KB, 287x480
>I lost my job and had to move back home, all the way back to the sicks
>when people talk about inbred white trash, they are talking about this "greater Annonville township area"
>i've been back for a few weeks, no job yet and having to rely on my parents for food because welfare isn't really a thing in white areas
>the male PE teacher at the local high school dies of a heart attack
>my mom works there and gets me an interview
>they basically give me the job off the bat because i am literally the only non fatty who applied
>literally every student is either fat or skinny fat, except the football team who has their own coach
>students show up to class in Basketball shoes, skater shoes, jeans, sweatters ect
>there is no school sports uniform, the locker rooms are never used, there is a 35m pool (why 35m?) that hasn't had water in it for 3 years
>the female assistant PE teacher is morbidly obese
>she doesn't even make the kids jog, because it's "bad for the knees!"

it's been a week, and things have to change, what should I do? I have kids ranging from 14 to 19, about 200 per year level, 50 per fitness class, roughly split into 24 boys and 26 girls on average.

>tl;dr
Anon just got a job as head of PE at a highschool in a 99% poor white area and everybody is either fat or skinny fat. wat do?
>>
Make them ruuuuuun
>>
My honest opinion, get the fuck out of there. You're going to get yourself stuck in that piece of shit job. The longer you work there the less and less motivated you will be to actually get maybe an education or find a better job. If the town is as shit as you say it is then definitely find a way out of there as soon as possible before you end up as one of those slightly chubby PE teachers at a shit school talking about how great their life was before they became a PE teacher.
>>
>>35387681
>town full of people who have given up
>give up and run away!

This is why towns in America collapse, because of that attitude
>>
>>35387671

Talk to them about calorie counting and macronutrients.

I didn't learn any of this shit until I was a fat fuck in my 20s looking for change. While I won't say none of it was my fault, I still feel very let down by my public education in regards to fitness--they treated team sports like the be-all end-all of fitness. I'm sure a lot of people have had the same terrible experience.
>>
>>35387695
Fuck America
>>
>>35387695
Run away to somewhere he can better himself, I guarantee you if he stays there he'll soon turn into another unmotivated nobody doing a dead-end job and hating life.
>>
Sounds like you have an amazing opportunity anonkunt! Make a difference in the lifes of those folks, teach them about how to be better than what they are. If you are way into fitness, its really a long term project. But it sounds like you can actually make a difference
>>
>>35387671
is there a weight room? if so, let the kids play dodge ball unsupervised and you can lift all day.
>>
>>35387695

Lol no its not. It is not this anons responsibility to drown himself in some shithole town working a shitty job trying to fix these kids lives.

The people to blame are their parents
>>
Start with movement. Really. Just start a clock and tell them move for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter how- arm circles for fatties, alternate toe touches for the adventurous- but JUST MOVE. Extend time till they can move for 15 minutes then do dodgeball or whatever. Make it fun. You're trying to save lives not get to the nfl combine. Godspeed.
>>
Full court basketball
>>
modafinil and phenibut
>>
>>35387671
>she doesn't even make the kids jog, because it's "bad for the knees!"

Jesus christ.
Start with some cardio, then mobility and then let them vote on what they want to play.
Tell the skinnies to eat more, and try to get everyone to lift.
Don't have them do stupid exercises either, try to show them what exercise is really like.
>>
do weird sports that everyone sucks at like pickleball and badminton. levels the playing field
>>
Make them run.

We used to have to run a few laps of a sports field before we actually started then we just played football or Rugby for an hour.
>>
>>35387671
Feed them dnp and say it's vitamins
>>
>>35387671
>Not making them all start doing SS
>Not having sex with prime teen pussy at 14-19
never gonna make it OP.
>>
>>35387671
http://mentalfloss.com/article/62991/1960s-high-school-gym-class-would-ruin-you

Here you go. Become this guy.
>>
Become a Disney movie
>>
>>35387671

dont make the beginner mistake where you heavily invest yourself too much

trust me 90% of these tards are going to fail .. not listen to you

focus on the 10% that have a slight chance of making it and improve them instead.

Theres only so much you can do.

Remember .. you can't save them all no matter how hard you try but every effort is worth it for the few that you will save.
>>
>>35387671

this should be a movie. you gotta murder all those kids
>>
>>35387695
There are people this stupid who believe this is why small towns in America are dying.
Hint: there is no $ in small towns because we have essentially outsourced any work for billy bob so ceo jamie fuckemall gets a bigger severance.
We don't invest in our own people at all anymore lol
>>
>>35392415
This desu senpai
>>
>>35388652
>>35391541
They're not going to become Oly lifters from PE class, these anons have it right. Simple and fun.
>>
>>35392415
yes!
>>
>>35387671
>wat do?

let them be fat. and don't do anything that would make one of these faggots parents come in and complain about you. enjoy your fucking dumb fuck job for as long as it takes for you to get your shit together.

if you can't understand that these kids and most people in general are useless you're not gonna make it. you want to be like reverse crabs in a bugget. don't do that.
>>
>>35387671
>what should I do?

Fuck the hot girls who are above the AoC
>>
find something that keeps them busy so you can fuck around all day then collect your check
>>
>>35387671
SS
>>
>>35394621

And Gomad
>>
>>35394621
>>35394634

and Chalk
>>
>>35387671
Make them fit, write a screenplay, win oscar for feel good movie about down on his luck loser PE teacher that turns a town around and overcomes his past while helping that one nigger child improve his home life and find his dad.
>>
File: football-spurdo-fug-dis.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
football-spurdo-fug-dis.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>35393848
>crabs in a bugget
>>
>>35387706
>Talk to them about calorie counting and macronutrients.

Yes, and simple bodyfat estimate with a tape measure. All the info people need for weight loss/control would fit on a single-sheet of paper for a handout and you can put it on the wall too.

Also, give them the expectation that a healthy human goes for a walk or lifts daily. So provide that as homework, and in class make them do sprints or burpees for HIIT. Then fun games like Ultimate Frisbee, badmitton, volleyball, whatever.
>>
Simple games/Competitive exercises.
Offer incentives to win, Like pushups for losers. If the kids are too lazy for that the maybe extra credit for winners.
Daily groundwork excercises and line drills(shit like karaokes/grapvines/ etc.). Energy and coordination will begin to improve after a while.
>>
>>35387671
Do your best for the ones who want to improve, do nothing for the ones who don't.

If you push too hard, all you'll get is a termination.

Just try to become comfortable.
>>
Print out the sticky and then hand it out to them. Write up a test which you give them at the end of the semester/trimester which measures their knowledge that is found in the sticky.

Mondays, wednesdays, and fridays:

Have them do pic related. Supervise all of them and make sure that everyone is progressing.

Once done play alternating games such as basketball, dodgeball, kickball, and large-group tag (give 10% of the class rags and tell them to try and tag the people who do not have rags. If tagged, you are given the rag and have to tag someone).

Tuesdays and thursdays:

Play alternating games such as basketball, dodgeball, kickball, and large-group tag (give 10% of the class rags and tell them to try and tag the people who do not have rags. If tagged, you are given the rag and have to tag someone).
>>
File: calisthenics-routine.jpg (868 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
calisthenics-routine.jpg
868 KB, 1562x4158
>>35394934
Woops forgot the picture.
>>
Dodgeball and basketball are the most fun gym activities
>>
>>35394946

Nice of you to post, but that chart fails on the first line with all the BS about stretching. It's a waste of time at best and makes you more likely to get injured at worst.
>>
>>35392415
Dude, I'm not in school any more but I'd love to get into one of these sessions regularly.

I do have a question though - what's that exercises where they lift their body with their hands in front and their feet?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.