[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beginner help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: the change.jpg (5 KB, 153x100) Image search: [Google]
the change.jpg
5 KB, 153x100
Hey /fit/ this is my first time on here and I need help. I'm not entirely sure how to start changing my life and I'm going to be honest. I'm not obese, or even overly fatty, but I need help.
I'm terrified of working out in a gym and each time i go, i feel like a poser, which i probably am.
My point is, i need advice, how do i start changing my life, turning my health around and becoming someone new?
>>
You read the damn sticky that how
>>
What answer are you looking for, exactly? Some magic words that will make you into someone new? There aren't any, just read the fucking sticky and get to work.
>>
>>35386170
oh yea, cuz that's exactly what i didn't do. The problem is, i don't truly understand it all, and I'm not sure how to act on some of the advice, that's why I'm swallowing my nonexistent pride and asking /fit/ assholes for help on 4chan
>>
>>35386166
1.go to gym
2.lift heavy thing.Many time
repeat until desired effect
>>
>>35386190
wow, you must be the greatest teacher in the world, how does anyone retain their sanity when faced with your awesome advice?
>>
File: 1448585997903.jpg (202 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
1448585997903.jpg
202 KB, 500x459
>>35386179
>>35386201

Why insult people that you are asking the help from. They have given the answers that they think best solves the problem you are having and you try to talk shit back to them. The reason everyone says read the sticky is because it gives you a good workout plan to start off with and it teaches you all the basics you need to be able to succeed at the gym. If you want to learn how to do better in life in other places then go to different boards for that advice.
>>
>>35386179
What dont you understand about thé stickies ? Just eat healthy and work out. Go for thé long run rather than going all out for a couple of months and going back to your shitty habits.
>>
>>35386212
perhaps its because its insulting in itself to be spoken to like a toddler, despite trying to start off simply enough. If youre going to give advice, do so in a manner that doesnt come off as arrogant or insulting, its one of the first things i was taught as a young child. I don't understand the basics, that's why I'm asking anons. All i could have used was maybe a post about how someone started themselves? any advice from an experienced healthnon for a novice? Honestly, am I the only one with uncertainties starting out?
>>
>>35386229
how did you start?
>>
>>35386246

Mate, honestly If you have gone through the sticky you would have the answers you seek. Is there anything in particular you want help with or just general advice on lifting?
>>
>>35386246
people here expect that you read the sticky man. If no one did then 9/10 threads would cover pretty much the same information that is covered in there. People think you're lazy when you don't and wasting their time.
Also its an anonymous board on 4chan so you have to expect people to be a bit cutting. There is always reddit or bodybuilding.com if you don't like it.
>>
>>35386250
I started by changing my nutrition and going for walks. After two weeks, I started withbodyweight training and Pull ups ("Walk the Planks"). After that, I bought two dumbbellls and started with PPL.
>>
File: witness the fitness.jpg (86 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
witness the fitness.jpg
86 KB, 462x600
>>35386246
Read Starting strength basic barbell training by Mark Rippetoe it teaches form(the way to do it).
If you are lazy there are some videos on their channel look for them theirs a lot of stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AasgaardCo/videos
OmarIsuf gives good videos can be fun to watch
heres his channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0bY-gp8uR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=620fs2CEH7M
>>35386166
>I'm terrified of working out in a gym and each time i go, i feel like a poser, which i probably am.
Don't be scared.You are going to better yourself.Nothing to be scared of.Don't worry about asking for a spotter when bench pressing no one minds infact walk upto the most buff guy and ask him.At worst you get is a no at best a gym bro.
Pick a routine from the sticky.Or whatever just make sure it has the squat,deadlift,benchpress and overhead press.
>Machines are pretty useless.
Personal trainers don't know shit often or in my experience.
They might tell you to use machines tell them to eat a dick.
Make sure your gym has a squat rack.
Sleep is important so is eating so is pushing yourself.Begginers can add weight every session for months.
Read the sticky if you haven't.Since the timing is around the ny people will think your a new years revoloutioner most of these faggots quit within 2 weeks don't let that be you.
Consistency is important
>inb4 spoonfeeding
I feel nice today
>>
File: Capture.jpg (112 KB, 628x663) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
112 KB, 628x663
>>
>>35386166

Just keep "posing". But also watch other, more experienced people, do their thing and try doing what they are doing, low-weight. Also ask what look as "friendly people" to show you how to do a specific exercise, but not more than two. People love to help at the gym, but not through out their entire work out. Then say "thanks" and smile (don't autism).

Eventually you'll get a hang of things and you'll get nods of recognition by others cause they recognize you and the progress you've made - not only physical, but going from a "poser" to a peer in the way you act and do your thing in the gym.

Basically; don't be a new years resolution meme in the gym.

People will acknowledge, if you endure.
>>
>>35386166
Google Starting Strength or Stronglifts, get a gym membership, go 3 days a week, do cardio (couch to 5k is goat). That is seriously it when it comes to exercize. Regarding nutrition install myfitnesspal, calculate your tdee (scoobysworkshop.com) and eat at a deficit. Overcome your autism by lifting and being regular in the gym, it only feels weird for the first week or so. Starting isn't complicated anon, man up and do it
>captcha: le cookies kek
>>
>>35386179
No you're not. You're not asking a specific question at all. In the op you didn't mention anything that you didn't understand. You just asked, "how do I exercise?" You already know the answer.
>>
this has been a great thread. as a fellow beginner: read the fucking sticky. i did, and all is going well. not perfect, but well.
>>
File: sticky.jpg (72 KB, 368x600) Image search: [Google]
sticky.jpg
72 KB, 368x600
>>35386166
Well... for starters you might consider pic related.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.