[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to be morbidly obese, now I'm almost overweight (per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
I used to be morbidly obese, now I'm almost overweight (per BMI scale)

I've read that to keep my skin from sagging I should limit my weight loss to one pound a week. How can I go about doing this? Do I lower my exercise amounts if I lose too much? Do I eat more?

sorry for such a stupid question in advance
>>
>>35386100
The information regarding that is very unreliable. About the sagging skin, that is.

Supposedly, it can take up to two years for your skin to retract as much as it is capable of retracting.

Supposedly, it doesn't matter if you're losing weight fast or slow, but if you lose fast, you'll have to wait 2 years to see how much the skin can retract.

There's no sure-fire way of having 0 loose skin, specially after you've been morbidly obese, you certainly damaged that skin beyond repair.

So what I'd do is: lose your weight at a pace which is healthy and comfortable for you (healthy as in you're not missing nutrients, even though you're at a deficit), then afterwards wait at least 2 years at your new weight before giving up on your skin. After that, feel free to go and have surgery.
>>
>>35386100
And yes, you lose less weight by having a smaller calorie deficit, and eating more or exercising less are two ways of doing so. I wouldn't change a team that's winning, though.
>>
How much is morbidely obese exactly.

My biggest was 265 and I lost like 10-12 lbs a month on keto with like...barely any loose skin and even then it was just on my arms and even then you can't physically notice it.

6'1" 20 years old for reference.
>>
>>35386187
I was 5'7 265 at my heaviest now I'm 200, after about a year of working a physical job.
>>
>>35386205

Hmm well I guess it does depend on height, good job BTW.

Do you have any extremely saggy soon you've noticed?

I mean shit you're already almost to your goal id assume you probably would have noticed by now assuming you are OP.
>>
I lost 70 lbs in a half of year. When i stand up my skin is ok, but when i bent down - its not. Will it retract in 2 years?
>>
>>35386211

>saggy soon

Skin*
>>
>>35386217

Are you sure its just not stomach fat?

your stomach tends to look bigger/wrinklier when you're sitting down.
>>
>>35386211
I am OP. My stomach doesn't bulge, mostly just hangs down, if that makes any sense. Like it used to bulge out, now it's just fat that hangs there, and it's really unsightly. I'd like to get to 170. I have a feeling a lot of my fat has turned to muscle, because I've slimmed out quite a bit over the past couple months despite only dropping around 15 lbs.
>>
>>35386237

Hmm, if you feel comfortable post a pic and I could probably help you a little more.

Sounds like you've just got a lot of fat distribution in your stomach.
>>
File: stomach 1.jpg (227 KB, 827x1541) Image search: [Google]
stomach 1.jpg
227 KB, 827x1541
>>35386249
>>
>>35386274

hmmm

fuck man I can't tell honestly I mean I'm no expert but, from what I've seen witj most cases of loose skin its a lot more wrinkly and saggy.

Have you seen a doctor or anything about it?
>>
>>35386279
No I plan on bringing it up next time I go. Some of my other friends have lost weight and they lost everything pretty proportionately. Maybe i just need to give it time.Thanks
>>
>>35386295

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help man, I hope it all goes well for you-good job with what you've lost and good luck with the rest.
>>
>>35386300
thanks man, if nothing else you've motivated me to keep going :)
>>
>>35386100
Make that 1kg a week, you'll still be ok
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.