[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
adidas powerlift 2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: phil.png (313 KB, 546x862) Image search: [Google]
phil.png
313 KB, 546x862
Sup /fit/

Is it worth it buying the adidas powerlift 2.0?
Does it beat squatting on socks?

I can't afford any more expensive pair.

Thanks
>>
>>35382675
Yes it's worth it.
Also don't buy the god damn 200 dollar version if you're not into olympic weightlifting.
I did that, huge mistake.
>>
>>35382716
how did it help you? Could you actually squat more?
>>
>>35382737
Nah, It helps you with keeping your heels on the floor, hitting depth and stability. Doesn't add much weight.
>>
>>35382778
Yup. I bought the Powerlift 2.0 because I didn't want to spend a lot of money. They turned out to be a good purchase. Better stability for sure--I feel more "solid" when I squat. Did not add weight.

I don't think you'll regret buying them. I didn't.
>>
>>35382991
One more thing, I do all my lifts in them, including deadlift. I don't buy into the "raised heels cause bad form" meme.
>>
>>35382675
buy them
>>
>>35382999
>I don't buy into the "raised heels cause bad form" meme.
It doesn't cause "bad form". But if your goal is to lift maximal weights, you'll probably be better off not wearing heeled shoes in the deadlift.
>>
>>35383203
eh i really felt no difference. past two weeks a did an 'experiment', worked up to 445x3 deadlifts with my lifting shoes and the next week with my pf flyers..

i felt just as strong in my lifting shoes.. i found that they allow me to use more quad drive to help break the floor, lockout was harder by a very small margin.

however, these are just my anecdotal findings and i encourage people to try it for themselves cause it may feel good
>>
Y'all niggas silly. Just get some fucking chucks and lift on a platform. Enjoy your retardedly expensive magical shoes that will totally help your lifts brahs.
I net you cunts domt even deadlift with chalk and use straps sike some.puasy palmed penis preferencing periwinkle pussbois
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
get some bowling shoes instead
>>
If you have shitty ankle mobility, buy them.
Otherwise, they won't do you much good other than making you feel cooler. Have had the black and red ones for a couple years. I personally squat too deep in them for powerlifting and squat flat footed instead because it's easier for me to hit perfect depth. I also feel much more balanced on flat shoes with the weight on my back. They are solid shoes, though. Did their job until I became more mobile and reached about a 450lb squat.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.