[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about cardio that I can never seem to enjoy fully?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
What is it about cardio that I can never seem to enjoy fully?

How much do I have to run to get over my hatred of running?
>>
>>35382135
Running over 5K+ is boring
>>
>>35382135
Are you running on a treadmill or outside?

Also, have you tried finding another kind of cardio you might enjoy more?
>>
File: Todd.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Todd.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
>>35382298
I want to tame running and make it enjoyable to me. How many runs does that take?
>>
>>35382345
Todd fuck off to hg
>>
>>35382345
WHY DID I BELIEVE HIS LIES?
>>
>>35382359
>>35382352
>>
>>35382345
Answer my first question. Are you running outside or on a treadmill? Because the former does not become boring as easily.
>>
>>35382135
i have the opposite problem, i love running but every time i go to lift i just stare at the goddamn bar laying at my feet on the floor dreading the next hour. i still do it, though because i know i have to.
>>
>>35382370
Both. In both cases I feel like I'm going too slow for it to be enjoyable, and when compared to cycling I trade sore ass with sore shins.
>>
>>35382135
by not running.
it is the WORST cardio.

do burpees and shit instead, mang.

i like to do punching and elbow drills for dat good good full-body cardio

jumping lunges
jumping jacks
jumping rope
high knees
butt-kickers
atg squat hops
speed skaters
bicycle crunches
1-leg gute bridges
stiff leg ankle hops (can be some real snap your shit up action, but it is great for calf plyo)
clapping push ups

shit like that.

i also like low-intensity movement patterns and stretching type stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufAUAYrxfIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbozu0DPcYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8QxbtcA5hU
>>
>>35382414
What happens when I need to run in an emergency and my muscles only know how to do these exercises?
>>
>>35382152
Do you actually run fast sometimes? If you race a 10k you can't think about how it's boring because you will feel like nearly dying the whole time.
>>
>>35382414
Maybe he just wants to get good at running. It's the most practical skill you can gain while working out.
>>
>>35382688
Reading, writing, and running are the keys to success
>>
>>35382135
Run in the woods
mountian biking
swimming is less shitty but boring.
>>
>>35382453
what kind of emergency are we talking about here? Where do you live that running for prolonged periods of time would save your life in case of an emergency?

Most accidents happen in splits of a second, so quick reflexes and explosiveness would be more important than running for an hour.
>>
>>35383101
I want to be able to run so that if I had a head start noone could catch me.
>>
what about playing a sport instead?
>>
Try cross country skiing, its the best cardio if you can do it
>>
>>35383101
because of evolution, humans are built for running. hunting for mammoths and stalking down prey was done mostly thanks to running.
therefore it's pretty safe to assume, that running is the most beneficial for overall health and well-being.
>>
>>35382414
>low intensity moving patterns

you like yoga, it's cool just admit it anon
>>
>>35382135
I still don't want to pre-order your creatine, Todd.
>>
File: KFqZkrF.png (344 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
KFqZkrF.png
344 KB, 518x518
>>35385018
>>
>>35384644
i have not been to a proper yoga place.
i probably would.
but so far, i have been sticking to ido portal's movement patterns

it is based in capoeira, which is objectively gayer than yoga.

but i give zero fucks, least of all on an anonymous mongolian pommel crafting forum.

>>35382688
>running
>practical skill
pick one
i would rather do a planche push up than run for slightly longer.

my cardio is in good enough shape to where i can beat most runfags in a sprint, and can jog for longer than i would ever care to
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.